madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes, they will be in release.

Today:

Added gfx af console command (anisotropic filtering off, on or force on).

You are my hero of the day :smile-new:

Lets see if this temporarily helps me and other Radeon Users and ofc all others having problems with low framerate. Well done, fataal ! And much thx in advance.

See my last post.

We will probably be reducing AF with texture quality level. Need to test looks vs performance.

Can the AF be a slider / option in GPU options ?

I hate to think that this game gets its graphical finesse castrated, it took a long time to get looking this good in the first place.

Unless you mean it be part of the texture selector ?

Just discovered that the new drawbridge is not flush with whatever it's attached to. Driving over it from one side with a vehicle damages the drawbridge. I really hope this gets addressed. The A17 drawbridge did not have this issue.

Ok I play legit and haven't unlocked one yet, but didn't notice any issues when testing them out. I'm trying to build your base lol but wow so much more work than my standard 9x9 setup. We might have to do a wipe which sucks, but maybe I'll do a 9x9 and extend one side later to have the nice drive in garage like you had for easy unloading of loot.

Anyhow I'll make sure that gets fixed, I've been dreaming of a power draw bridge access to my base for quite some time now ;)

@madmole There are people who legitimately, sincerely find "Turrets Syndrome" offensive, and the debate is still going on the forums. Your thoughts?

And just to clarify, I think it's funny, people are taking it waaaaay too seriously

You could make a craftable safe-space, that renames the ability.

Since you mentioned it.... Day 6. I have 2 planter boxes. Found potato and corn seed. Works well. Once you harvest you can switch out seeds if needed. Any thoughts on making the farm plots...pickupable? They’re expensive to make, so being able to move them would be excellent!

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

use a shovel. that is how to harvest it .

dont forget to remove seed or plant first.

:)

Thanks. Since you mentioned it, I think I did see that in a video...possibly yours? Again, thanks.

They explode anyway, why would we need to shoot at them.

Oh, throw one in the air and shoot at it before explodes or makes it to the ground, that could be fun !

It was something I had to try (I asked Madmole and he said that I should try it when A18 comes out and let him know) :p

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I was a jerk. Some times I role play as a survivor on these forums and give people the harsh truth like "get off your ass and find one" and I disagree about some features they want and probably say no in an overbearing way to some things that seem ridiculous to me, but maybe I was protective of what I wanted the game to be, which I think people do like now that it is finally here in A18.

Yeah, I had no harsh feeling for you anyways. You're always sincere and I appreciate that A LOT.

so far i haven't been able to get steel from the trader and I'm at day 22 but to be fair be fair i only found 1 trader so far. I have no problem with such high requirements for steel after all the hordes can barely break through concrete and you are really strong even at lvl 30.

I think it's fine making those who don't go the full Intelligence path to go out and work for steel or just max out one tree get a few perks maxed out then go into intelligence till you get steel or mod it.

Everyone wanna be a bad ass survivor but no one wanna put in the work.

It was something I had to try (I asked Madmole and he said that I should try it when A18 comes out and let him know) :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I had no harsh feeling for you anyways. You're always sincere and I appreciate that A LOT.

Oh, fingers crossed ! :)

@madmole There are people who legitimately, sincerely find "Turrets Syndrome" offensive, and the debate is still going on the forums. Your thoughts?

And just to clarify, I think it's funny, people are taking it waaaaay too seriously

Are people talking about it, cause they are affected or do they claim to be vicariously affected ?

iv always wondered about the infection?

is it like infection that turns people into zombies???

or is it just a wound that got infected???

ik its sounds dumb but these are the things i think about. lol

Only zombie enemies can infect you, so it's zombie stuff.

I have epilepsy, after a seizure, I end up with mild tourettes. and I still think this is funny. tell the pc/sj warriors to shut up unless they have the problem themselves

So with the new Zombie Aggro system is there a way to make it more bearable like a book you read or a skill or something? Because joining in to a fresh world trying to start out and having every single zombie aggro is absolutely horrid. New players are going to have a hard time even getting started because of this stupid mechanic.

People need to learn to overcome things instead of lowering every challenge to be easy.

Use a ranged weapon, run some distance till they return to base speed, get good at melee combat, invest in knockdown skills - I use all 4.

If you just aren't able to handle it there are plenty of settings to lower the difficulty.

Was anyone actually offended? I read the first post where it said some may be offended and the five pages of pepper arguing about how people get easily offended. The only relevant comments I saw (maybe missed it) were people with the syndrome stating they didn’t think anything of it, found it slightly funny, or felt it brought awareness to ama awful issue.

Ok I play legit and haven't unlocked one yet, but didn't notice any issues when testing them out. I'm trying to build your base lol but wow so much more work than my standard 9x9 setup. We might have to do a wipe which sucks, but maybe I'll do a 9x9 and extend one side later to have the nice drive in garage like you had for easy unloading of loot.

Anyhow I'll make sure that gets fixed, I've been dreaming of a power draw bridge access to my base for quite some time now ;)

Siggghhhhh…

Zippppp….Linesssssss……..

Drooooolllllllll…….

Oh to Dream again.....

Sluggg///Sluggg...sluggg…

Droooolllll…….

So with the new Zombie Aggro system is there a way to make it more bearable like a book you read or a skill or something? Because joining in to a fresh world trying to start out and having every single zombie aggro is absolutely horrid. New players are going to have a hard time even getting started because of this stupid mechanic.

If you crouch and break line of sight, very few zombies will aggro on you. Once you start exploring buildings, things get more interesting.

I have epilepsy, after a seizure, I end up with mild tourettes. and I still think this is funny. tell the pc/sj warriors to shut up unless they have the problem themselves

Not once has someone who does have the condition complained. Everyone said they found it funny.

Those persons who are offended on the behalf of others are societal cancer.

Archived