Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

MM

I like the Toms in the background. They may have played in previous videos but were more

noticeable in this one. Its starting to feel like that action movie feel; like in High Plains Drifter,

or the very last scene in the Good the Bad and the Ugly. Blondie riding away and Tuco in a noose

on a cross.

Just wait, this is first version of DMS, big big things are planned.

Reyes should kill him.

Weidman went downhill, fast, and is fighting above his weight class, not sure how that will improve things for him.

He never was any good, his wins are garbage guys or people past their prime. Gastelum is his best win. Reyes is overrated and lost his last fight IMO, worst decision I've seen in ages, but as long as he can stuff Weidman's takedowns he should be able to handle Weidman. Weidman isn't even a big 185.

That seems to be the new thing, if you lose your streak in one weight class, run to another and be an instant contender with one win. Yoel is the one who should go up to 205, he could clean house and easily get a title fight since Smith was able to. As long as the weight class is fairly shallow anyway.

oh i see, well i like enjoying my games as i enjoy my food bit by bit :D

changing subject a little i just saw the looting video you uploaded and reminded me of a question i wanted to ask you before, dont you feel adding 4 more quick access spaces to the "belt" would improve the overall experience?? having to constantly open the inventory and drag stuff to equip it ends up being a lil bit tiresome sometimes.

Not really it would clutter it too much.

Hey I was wondering if in A18 it will be possible to trigger onprimaryaction/onsecondaryaction within the xml while in a vehicle? Right now it feels like when you're in a vehicle you can't interact with anything outside the vehicle entityclass actions.

This and a cvar to check if the vehicle headlight is on or off would be great.

Hah, I thought about spawning some nasty crap at night just to keep people scared. Give it special code to die/hide/despawn at sunrise.

Exactly! I used to be terrified of dogs and spider zombies, they where fast, they do creepy growls, and they'll f you up. Now I'm so used to them I lost that fear at night. I hope you scare the sh** outta me some day with some creepy new friend.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks broken AF. Not sure where that came from.

Edit: already answered by MechanicalLens. Sorry

Agreed slower leveling is better, strategically speaking.

I also very much agree with the sentiment shared amongst many of us. Actually NOT having everything I want right at the point I want it gives me an interesting challenge of maybe work around the need to have it for a while or upping my efforts.

I still remember fantastic runs with my respective game partners searching for "Minibikes for dummies" for instance. I won't be as desperate for guns with better stats, but I will sure be grateful to find them. Looting FTW!

I love 98% of what I heard about A18. Now if A19 adds some version of hoeless groundlevel farming, as MadMole hinted, I feel like a kid on christmas. All wishes fulfilled <3

Hehe my wife is gonna stone me if i don't behave..

Not sure that's a bad way to die as a geologist, come to think of it..

Live by the stone, die by the stone. It's all very biblical.

also means more irate players over the fact the zombies are now a tad bit smarter lol. ;)
This change alone is crazy game changing. A lot of people who don't read the patch notes are gonna be crapping themselves when they get A18 lol.

Even those who do read patch notes will get surprises.

It's one thing to have vague points of data but another to see it ingame and in context.

Sooner or later you'll have to fix them, you shouldn't be rocking those jokes all over the forum, it's very tuff for us to read them.

Hah. Nah the marriage is still in alpha man. But there will be very quick updates!

- - - Updated - - -

There's a couple of southerners (of England) here too, don't forget those!

I'm talking about our resident Geordie and Mackem, by the way. I'm from the borders :)

Ah yeah how could I forget our cross-the-canal members ^^

Why not?

Saves some travel time and it's not like this is a free lunch since all the zombies respawn, too.

But of course, I'm a minmaxer. =P

For a level 4 quest it becomes quite expensive to loot the POI twice. It usually takes half a day to clear and loot the POI. The travel time is insignificant in contrast.

In addition, you consume far too much ammunition when using firearms.

Hey @madmole,

here is some feedback on the spear.

I see you guys tend to throw it a lot, even when the target is in poke range, even when it is too close for it to be physically possible. IRL you need space for you arm to extend and give maximum speed to the spear. More speed = more dmg irl.

I propose a super quick fix for this. Scale the damage of a thrown spear, from 0 when the target is 0 meters away to maximum when the target is 2 meters(blocks) away.

This would balance poking and throwing nicely imo.

Hey @madmole,

here is some feedback on the spear.

I see you guys tend to throw it a lot, even when the target is in poke range, even when it is too close for it to be physically possible. IRL you need space for you arm to extend and give maximum speed to the spear. More speed = more dmg irl.

I propose a super quick fix for this. Scale the damage of a thrown spear, from 0 when the target is 0 meters away to maximum when the target is 2 meters(blocks) away.

This would balance poking and throwing nicely imo.

Actually Spears are heavy and not just extending arms, but running to throw increase power in it. So, your idea is nice [but I think you scale too much for 2 m, maybe 1.2 is better, and if player is running and throwing then 1.5 or something.. ]

i like that you can open trailer doors, not breaking them every time. also the amount of zeds was bit too much in a17 when every trailer was minimum 3 zeds inside.

so far i like, what i see :)

He is encoutering far too low rad as well as compare to a17 on day 33. Just one I guess in that new POI. usually I found 3-4 Rad in day 33

This will be a huge game changer, zeds using ladders, breaking hatches means more problems and less terrain cheese.

It also allows you to create new base designs when zombies now use ladders instead of destroying them.

For example, I can build multi-level bases with ladders instead of using ramps or stairs. This saves a lot of space. I also have some ideas for some type of defense in mines.

Archived