Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Precisely. The current world I'm on has one Book Tower, one Pharmaceutical Tower, 2 Joe Bro's Builders, and many factories and apartment buildings. I believe that the Dishong Tower has been removed from RWG though.

It is technically in 17.4. I'm not sure about "vanilla" RWG, but using the Nitrogen map maker (which uses your current database of buildings), it puts them in cities. I don't have any added POI's, but it has basically shoved all three Skyscrapers in just about every city it puts in on my maps that I use in 17.4.

Since dropping a seed into the ground was considered too complicated, yes, that's how we have to do it in A18.

I liked the 16.4 system. Find a hoe, go into the burnt Forrest and dig up some fertilizer. I like planting farms and gardens! Not sure I like the new system, it doesn't feel right for this game. I played Empyrion since A2.0 , they use Plant Boxes. I would build huge greenhouses for the indoor farms to go in. It was great. But it felt right for that game, not for this one though.

i do agree with you on the "giving the player a reason to loot" i just believe (as mentioned before) a segmentation of loot could be a smoother not RNG solution, but as i also said before lets see how A18 feels.

There are problems going in either direction with the loot. If you randomize, it will likely take forever to get some items. If you don't, then every game is the same and replayability suffers.

The thing about most of these A18 lootables is that if you can't find something, the perks tend to replace it in many instances. Additionally, there are so many books, intended to be rare, so that it would be unreasonable to even think about trying to collect every single one in one game. By getting that thought process out of your head, you are able to enjoy the wide variety of game plays due to the different combinations of things you have found in each game.

Personally I'll porobably end up still buring them in the dirt and "trying" to make it like it used to be. I'm not a fan of the idea of this new box methods. Then again, this new way of farming might actually be better so i'm open. We shall see how farming has changed come release. :)

Its not bad lined with plate blocks, but I just do the rooftop garden and put some aloe in my place because they look nice and let me know when the crops have grown in.

Madmole i have a question

what happened to that "resurrector zombie"

will it ever get added or no?

and the behemoth says its cut. dose that mean its gone for good?

Its gone for good. Its one of those things that sounds cool on paper, you put it in and its like wtf is this? I love fallout but we don't need to have super mutants to make our game cool. Kind of like the rad bees, they just didn't gel with people or fit into our world at that time. People wanted our lore to be less that, and more walking dead. So we replaced it with a vulture and people seem to groove on that. The demolisher does what the behemoth would have but doesn't need 2 months of engineering to make him path.

Madmole, I saw your last movie with perception build. It looks great. I was wandering what if, higher level of junk turret would be able to increase their fov? Maybe even some rare mode would be able to improve junk turret view up to 360 in all axis? Dmg is not big, but it would be perfect for bird control. What about sound mode, so when turret will use all the bullets, it will raise alarm (instead of shooting), when enemy will be spotted?

Probably not, unless balance is needed. You can make trip wires to alert you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29181[/ATTACH]

Have you thought about adding in the future, a rare encounter in the forest at night? El chupacabra, a little folklore myth.

Hah, I thought about spawning some nasty crap at night just to keep people scared. Give it special code to die/hide/despawn at sunrise.

Please fix seam. is bad.

picture <snip>

Lol I sat there staring at this for 5 minutes when i first watched the video earlier, thats when I noticed the textures seem to be different. It was really bugging me but i decided not to mention it because I assume TFP are aware of it. Looking at it again its starting to drive me crazy lol...

If you bury 100 boxes then there will not be divots everywhere. You will have one massive 10x10 box with the divot going around the perimeter of it but not trenches everywhere that will mess with your vehicle as you described earlier. Every time you place a box next to another box they merge into one larger box with no terrain or seam or wood between them.

I don't like the divot either and would be as pleased as anyone for it to disappear but you are going a little overboard with your speculation of the divot "problem" associated with the planter boxes. It would be as you described if you skip a row of terrain before placing your next box so that none of the boxes touch each other but then that stupidity would be on you and you would deserve to have issues trying to drive over the top of that configuration...

What makes him think driving on crops is safe?

Agreed slower leveling is better, strategically speaking.

Its better in every sense of the way. Why have cloth armor, or any early game gear at all if you can just skip right over it and go to the best stuff? Now I find myself crafting crude armor right away and slowly replacing it with better stuff as I find it, crafting that one missing piece I need, etc.

It's not the centre of each patch that is a concern. Any attempt to put a path between patches is going to need some kludging plate.

You can paint the dirt to be whatever and use a sea of farm boxes, and your "path" blocks be whatever texture you paint them, or use wood blocks for paths, etc. The only divet is where its adjacent to terrain and that can be solved with a wall or plate.

Now look who is being lazy, the guy who said get out and loot. Get off your ass and farm you! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I use Raid on those. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You mean when you dropped your bow or when you fell into those blades or when you blew up your own chopper? ;)

I didn't blow up my chopper... the dart traps did!

Archived