Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

He never was any good, his wins are garbage guys or people past their prime. Gastelum is his best win. Reyes is overrated and lost his last fight IMO, worst decision I've seen in ages, but as long as he can stuff Weidman's takedowns he should be able to handle Weidman. Weidman isn't even a big 185.

That seems to be the new thing, if you lose your streak in one weight class, run to another and be an instant contender with one win. Yoel is the one who should go up to 205, he could clean house and easily get a title fight since Smith was able to. As long as the weight class is fairly shallow anyway.

What I don’t understand is guys going up a weight class after a losing streak. Okay I just got knocked out by a middleweight bigger than me, I think I’ll move up a weight class, huh!?? Yea Weidman is not a big MW either like you said.

The only person that did good above his weight class was Frankie Edgar. Old school Edgar tho. The past few years he is whiny and useless. Not sure if it’s the competition, or something with him, age, etc.

That's a hell of a terrifying statement. I've been online gaming since the 90s and hearing that Discording in 7 Days has some of £the biggest trolls and immature people" will keep me off the damn thing. Then again, I did join a game where I was told to "go kill yourself"... so, hard to argue.

i like that you can open trailer doors, not breaking them every time. also the amount of zeds was bit too much in a17 when every trailer was minimum 3 zeds inside.

so far i like, what i see :)

I just got off a 2 hour phone call with my brother and during the 7D2D topic we talked in length about how there are to many zombies in POIs in A17. Personally I say add more but my brother along with what seems like 85% of the players want less zombies.

That's a hell of a terrifying statement. I've been online gaming since the 90s and hearing that Discording in 7 Days has some of £the biggest trolls and immature people" will keep me off the damn thing. Then again, I did join a game where I was told to "go kill yourself"... so, hard to argue.

I'm assuming you are refering to a statement I had made a few days ago or a day ago, i dunno i have a bad memory. 7D2D official Discord channel IMO has a lot of trolls but that does not mean Discord as a whole are filled with trolls. I am still member of the 7D2D discord channel I just rarely ever say anything publicaly in there, I do most of my chatting on discord via private messages with other members in the channel. There are a lot of legit good people. The trolls do not out number the good people in 7d2d discord channel. Its not toxic to the point one should avoid ever joining. I would say give it a shot so long as you know how to ignore the trolls.

Anyways I just wanted to clarify myself a little more. :)

I just got off a 2 hour phone call with my brother and during the 7D2D topic we talked in length about how there are to many zombies in POIs in A17. Personally I say add more but my brother along with what seems like 85% of the players want less zombies.

there could be few poi's with great amount of zeds. like hotel for example or movie theatre. this way everyone gets some fun.

But we 85% want a crap ton more in the streets and wild. Just to be clear.

...it's just weird and repetitive to find a crapload of Zed's in pois, in the same hiding places (cupboards, rafters, repeat), and it's just not fun clearing out a poi.

Spend half the day just to get crap loot. I no longer even bother with large pois. Garages and broken smaller ones are so plentiful... Hopefully the duplicate poi removal in a18 will help with that.

@Madmole, hey thank you very much for all the videos, the community enjoys your videos and keeps them calm, one of the best Alfa is approaching and maybe one of the most anticipated by all and thanks to your videos we don't have many problems and insecurity among the community follow in that good way man,

Thanks total.

But we 85% want a crap ton more in the streets and wild. Just to be clear.

...it's just weird and repetitive to find a crapload of Zed's in pois, in the same hiding places (cupboards, rafters, repeat), and it's just not fun clearing out a poi.

Spend half the day just to get crap loot. I no longer even bother with large pois. Garages and broken smaller ones are so plentiful... Hopefully the duplicate poi removal in a18 will help with that.

agree. specially more zeds in city streets. no need more in wild, but can be more in wild

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to have to find loot behind paintings without busting them.

I like the paintings and wish that I could just lift and look behind the frames to find loot. OFC, we should still keep the busting it option open for those who want to bust them up. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. :)

I just went through a medium size POI, and shot a few obvious sleepers and was just cruising through, looting, no big deal. Then I jumped out of my pants as a Z in the next room woke up and went all ragey because I stumbled over a pile of trash. It's those moments I like. Going through a POI, and knowing there are tons and tons of Z's is boring. Having an empty stretch gives you a false feeling of security for when that one Z growl/screams/snarls, and starts trying to tear the house down to get to you.

Later was in one of the Red Barns. (RWG), not Navezgane. And a snow Z came in looking for me, I ignored him for a bit until he started hitting on metal. Metal? wtf is he hitting. Duh, the car. The car that is 3 blocks away from me. I frantically starting shooting him with my bow as I had not fully cleared the barn yet and didn't have a silencer on my gun yet. I finally kill him, and decide the risk of removing the car outweighs the potential damage a raging Z can do, and go to wrench the car down. Only to find that it has 1, yes 1 hp left.

Less is more? Maybe.

Actually Spears are heavy and not just extending arms, but running to throw increase power in it. So, your idea is nice [but I think you scale too much for 2 m, maybe 1.2 is better, and if player is running and throwing then 1.5 or something.. ]

Yes, 2m is just a threshold that should be tuned.

Also I like your idea of increasing dmg if running. Kind of like the old Minecraft system where you got bonus dmg if sprinting or jumping onto the enemy, I'm not sure they still have it tho.

From my understanding, this has already been addressed.

The sleepers in some POIs were reduced and a whole slew of non-dungeon remnant POIs were added with little to no zombies.

I'm sure this doesn't mean that some POIs will not still be loaded, but I'm sure that's fine and I think there should be some.

♥♥♥♥, he's done it before and bragged about it ...

It is cheese though. :)

Like my favorite Texas diner sign says: "It ain't braggin if ya done it" lol. I don't cheese too much because look at that gem I found last night, and they say I missed an entire basement. That library!!

I also very much agree with the sentiment shared amongst many of us. Actually NOT having everything I want right at the point I want it gives me an interesting challenge of maybe work around the need to have it for a while or upping my efforts.

I still remember fantastic runs with my respective game partners searching for "Minibikes for dummies" for instance. I won't be as desperate for guns with better stats, but I will sure be grateful to find them. Looting FTW!

I love 98% of what I heard about A18. Now if A19 adds some version of hoeless groundlevel farming, as MadMole hinted, I feel like a kid on christmas. All wishes fulfilled <3

Yes, I enjoy working around a situation, saving my perks for must haves instead of nice to have. Like at level 40 I finally found stew recipe, until then I lived strictly off of boiled meat and occasional fish taco when I found cornmeal and salmon. The nice thing about boiled meat is you don't really need to take water with you so it frees a slot at the cost of a jar. I don't have a shortage of jars though, every toilet keeps my murky water and jar supply huge.

Like my favorite Texas diner sign says: "It ain't braggin if ya done it" lol. I don't cheese too much because look at that gem I found last night, and they say I missed an entire basement. That library!!

For sure, going into that library and being able to find schematics/books is gonna hit the nostalgia factor for some of us. lol Though, my first alpha was alpha 15. So, I'm still a youngin in that regard.

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to have to find loot behind paintings without busting them.

I like the paintings and wish that I could just lift and look behind the frames to find loot. OFC, we should still keep the busting it option open for those who want to bust them up. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. :)

Make the paintings into a form of door?

You can then check each one to see if there's a chance of loot without storming around and smashing them all like some demented bunny-boiler.

Nice to see you play like a regular bloke! The gameplay is more fluid without the commentary.

Random stats and books make looting like a never-ending super-fun-time! :D

I agree and thought no commentary would be nice for you guys to be able to just soak it all up. I should have unplugged my mic completely so you got pure audio feed.

Loot is nearly endless fun, I'm 40 hours in and changed everything out at least once and don't have any top tier stuff yet. So its not like constant upgrades, but a pace where it happens and it feels rewarding, so maybe every hour or two (if looting) you get some better gear, install your mods and equip. Then there is that decision to make once in a while, like ok this steel pickaxe does 1 more damage than this iron one, but the iron one is q5 and has 3 slots, and the steel is Q3 with only 2 slots. SO I have to give up a mod to use it. Hmmm. I love those moments, there is much more player choice on gear and perk choices do not always come easy since we don't rain 200 perks easily (slow leveling and ungated attributes).

For a level 4 quest it becomes quite expensive to loot the POI twice. It usually takes half a day to clear and loot the POI. The travel time is insignificant in contrast.

In addition, you consume far too much ammunition when using firearms.

I just shredded a tier 4 with mostly my spear in that video. Granted I missed the basement I guess but tier 4's don't all take a long time. I like fetch because you aren't tied there until X is killed, get the bag and get what you feel like getting, and get out. The reward isn't as nice, but sometimes finding that last volume of guys to kill is a pain in the ass.

Archived