Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yep. Trim the edges with plate blocks or a wall and your golden.

Plates now thats a good idea! I now have a design in my head for my future garden. Thanks for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

this is our current texture as seen on my rtx2080 @1440 texture quality at full.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29182[/ATTACH]

there are 5 screen shots in that folder and that one isnt one of them.. apparently windows wont clean the clipboard.

sorry.. i will probably have to reboot to clear it.

Ok time for me to upgrade my graphics card! I want to see textures like that in my game lol. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Just seeing what type of graphics card you used in that video is good, Same textures but on a good graphics card. I play with med textures instead of full due to my gtx960 card thats why I was not sure if those textures were new or not.

@TFP or anyone that can answer this.

Are these new textures for frames & wood blocks in A18 or is it the same as A17? Maybe its time I upgrade my graphics card to see the true beauty of the game?

cbvch.png

That looks broken AF. Not sure where that came from.

This sounds totally reasonable. Too many games that have been around too long (MMOs I'm talking to you), in an effort to please everyone end up dumbing down the game by making progression faster and faster. I played an MMO years ago where the devs stated that it should take a player about a year to reach the highest level. Now a player in the same game can hit max level in a weekend...

Your first character you might hit level 40 50 hours in, your third character maybe 25 hours in. It gets slow af after that, but level 40 is quite powerful, enough to get 4 ranks of something you are specialized in and a few ranks here and there under other trees. It will be pretty hard to reach level 100 IMO.

i dont usually pre-hate anything until i try it, but i have some friends playing Diablo and your reference to it made me remember when we are on discord and they rage because they get items they already have instead of what they are looking for after hrs and hrs of gameplay.

imo having meaningfull things to loot is always nice and welcome but randomization is not something usually asociated with "reward for time invested" rather a reward for luck, that said 7DTD is not a game that forces you to have all the end game stuff to have fun with it so lets see how it goes.

25 hrs? aint that a big exagerated? my old save file got corrupted after a power outage at like day 120, and my new game is on day 45 i would say i have had more than 25 hrs of fun :)

i do agree with you on the "giving the player a reason to loot" i just believe (as mentioned before) a segmentation of loot could be a smoother not RNG solution, but as i also said before lets see how A18 feels.

I'm saying in early versions you could power level through and get the best gear in 25 hours pretty easily, deflating the desire to continue on that save. With 17 you'll easily spend 100 hours and still not have all the books, recipes, and best gear.

I vaguely remember someone saying the behemoth had various clipping and movement problems because of its size. However, since we now have vehicles like the 4x4 and other large moving items like the drawbridge they might revisit it.

Vehicles don't have to path. AI does. Pathing works on 1m widths.

Today I took a look at the bug: "zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch".

It turns out that pathing did not make downward connections on ladders, so they could not path down the typical 1m mineshaft with a ladder down it, so they would get over your head and dig. That is fixed and when covered by an obstacle like a hatch, they will go to it and dig.

On the climbing ladders side, they now check if blocked above and target that block, so hatches get attacked.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-10733 zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch (fixed ladder path connections down and connections go fully to the top. changed digging to trigger on blocked down paths. added blocked up check when climbing).

Added pathing will cross 1m ladder gaps.

Today I took a look at the bug: "zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch".

It turns out that pathing did not make downward connections on ladders, so they could not path down the typical 1m mineshaft with a ladder down it, so they would get over your head and dig. That is fixed and when covered by an obstacle like a hatch, they will go to it and dig.

On the climbing ladders side, they now check if blocked above and target that block, so hatches get attacked.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-10733 zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch (fixed ladder path connections down and connections go fully to the top. changed digging to trigger on blocked down paths. added blocked up check when climbing).

Well that's a big one that's been pestering us for quite some time. Excellent!

It wasn't meant to be safe, it's meant to stop me slamming into something unyielding if I fubar a landing.

I'd rather lose a couple of potatoes than a gyrocopter. I mean, c'mon, who'd destroy their own gyro? :-)

Its impossible to blow up a gyro, for now, unless you nose dive when its less than 20% health at full speed.

Changes:

This will be a huge game changer, zeds using ladders, breaking hatches means more problems and less terrain cheese.

Changes:

Great to hear, well done! :)

Thanks for the Bug fix update! For those (like me) checking every couple hours to see what new developments are coming, Bug fix details are exciting....

Damn, I'm such a geek.

- - - Updated - - -

So I filmed some looting. DIdn't feel like talking/commentary so its just raw footage to watch. A very cool POI with a very nice library! Then I toured a couple of remodeled trailers you guys will like them a lot too. Will post link when its uploaded.

Excellent! Can't wait to watch.

Archived