Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

So I filmed some looting. DIdn't feel like talking/commentary so its just raw footage to watch. A very cool POI with a very nice library! Then I toured a couple of remodeled trailers you guys will like them a lot too. Will post link when its uploaded.

I cannot wait! :D Did you die? No, no, don't answer that, I want to see for myself! :p

Guest Piratenking
I didn't blow up my chopper... the dart traps did!

here i tought you would say: "it was all theatrical, i know exactly what i am doing" xD

You can paint the dirt to be whatever and use a sea of farm boxes, and your "path" blocks be whatever texture you paint them, or use wood blocks for paths, etc. The only divet is where its adjacent to terrain and that can be solved with a wall or plate.

I am glad you bring paint up.

Will there be more paints and textures available in A18?

The choices now are very limited.

I am glad you bring paint up.

Will there be more paints and textures available in A18?

The choices now are very limited.

Probably not many in sheer numbers, but a lot have been redone to be less redundant, so in theory more choice. We make amazing pois with it, not sure how you can say its very limited we built a whole world with it. Ark and rust have one texture lol.

Is that a sweater you are wearing in your avatar?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not many in sheer numbers, but a lot have been redone to be less redundant, so in theory more choice. We make amazing pois with it, not sure how you can say its very limited we built a whole world with it. Ark and rust have one texture lol.

There seemed to be more in A16

So I filmed some looting. DIdn't feel like talking/commentary so its just raw footage to watch. A very cool POI with a very nice library! Then I toured a couple of remodeled trailers you guys will like them a lot too. Will post link when its uploaded.

Will this be up on your channel or the fun pimps channel?

Today I took a look at the bug: "zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch".

It turns out that pathing did not make downward connections on ladders, so they could not path down the typical 1m mineshaft with a ladder down it, so they would get over your head and dig. That is fixed and when covered by an obstacle like a hatch, they will go to it and dig.

On the climbing ladders side, they now check if blocked above and target that block, so hatches get attacked.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-10733 zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch (fixed ladder path connections down and connections go fully to the top. changed digging to trigger on blocked down paths. added blocked up check when climbing).

Added pathing will cross 1m ladder gaps.

This change alone is crazy game changing. A lot of people who don't read the patch notes are gonna be crapping themselves when they get A18 lol.

Today I took a look at the bug: "zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch".

It turns out that pathing did not make downward connections on ladders, so they could not path down the typical 1m mineshaft with a ladder down it, so they would get over your head and dig. That is fixed and when covered by an obstacle like a hatch, they will go to it and dig.

On the climbing ladders side, they now check if blocked above and target that block, so hatches get attacked.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-10733 zombies wont attack hatches nor climb ladders if covered with a hatch (fixed ladder path connections down and connections go fully to the top. changed digging to trigger on blocked down paths. added blocked up check when climbing).

Added pathing will cross 1m ladder gaps.

N1!!! Challenge accepted!!!

or place a crafted block and paint it however they wanted-- if they were really bothered.

Is gravel paint available?

Then everyone will want paintable grass textures, and that's weird.

I asked for this many alphas ago lol. I wanted to see if I could paint my hatch with grass texture to make it almost impossible to find. Almost, as you would still see the E to open popup if you moused over it.

Archived