Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Man...I want to play skyrim again, what mods do you recommend?

Immersive Citizens has a ton of unique voice acted npcs at inns and random locations. Very cool mod I just found, not sure how this slipped under the radar for all these years.

Frostfall for cold weather survival.

Realistic needs and diseases so you have to eat and drink

AFT for follower framework

Loads of armor mods

AI overhaul

Realstic dialogue and cutting room floor

Combat Evolved

SKYUI

Better Vampires

Unleveled items

Bard mods that add better songs to taverns

Loads of armor mods.

There are way too many to list and lunch time is over, but its day and night when you get the right mod list in there. I keep my game as vanilla or lore friendly as I can, but still ended up with a boatload of mods but its good to turn off ones you don't need because too many mods can break your game. I always add one mod at a time so if things go sideways you at least know what the bad mod is.

No, we'll make Radiation resistance mods that go into your armor. The suit will have low armor and highest protection so there is risk/reward. A poi deep in the wasteland might require wearing hazmat suit to get there, then switching to armor when you get ready to go in.

Are you doing iodine tablets or some sort of other chemical "fix" to rad sickness as well?

Will rad sickness induce dysentery and puking?

Immersive Citizens has a ton of unique voice acted npcs at inns and random locations. Very cool mod I just found, not sure how this slipped under the radar for all these years.

Frostfall for cold weather survival.

Realistic needs and diseases so you have to eat and drink

AFT for follower framework

Loads of armor mods

AI overhaul

Realstic dialogue and cutting room floor

Combat Evolved

SKYUI

Better Vampires

Unleveled items

Bard mods that add better songs to taverns

Loads of armor mods.

There are way too many to list and lunch time is over, but its day and night when you get the right mod list in there. I keep my game as vanilla or lore friendly as I can, but still ended up with a boatload of mods but its good to turn off ones you don't need because too many mods can break your game. I always add one mod at a time so if things go sideways you at least know what the bad mod is.

I used to have some of these, like frostfall, realistic needs and diseases, SkyUI, but I will take a look at the other ones. Thanks man, sorry I took time of your lunch!

Edit: I'd better start installing mods now.

Well we can have a look, but everyone hates UMA because its difficult to work with and creates this horrible unoptimized skin that can't stream. Textures needed flagged not as a normal map even though its a normal map, etc. The list of bs was huge. We cleaned it up and made it better to work with, but who knows what a can of worms it would be to try the new one. We're more keen on writing our own system that is more like Fallout4's character system. Doesn't waste texture space, doesn't build atlases at run time and cause lag, etc.

You're a little little late in the news @The Gronk, UMA 2.9 is already out :p

MadMole

Are you doing iodine tablets or some sort of other chemical "fix" to rad sickness as well?

Will rad sickness induce dysentery and puking?

Nice question, radiation itself could set up the possibility for more buffs and debuffs and items ! :-) I hope that is planned for 7D2D.

MadMole

Nice question, radiation itself could set up the possibility for more buffs and debuffs and items ! :-) I hope that is planned for 7D2D.

maybe you can find these glowing mushrooms that with the pharmacist perk you can make into anti radiation drugs (and you can grow them)

and in the wasteland kinda like how it can snow in the snow biome there could be rain and radioactive storms that can get you sick

So i'm guessing zombies won't know your location by the arrow explosion? Bow is silent...

Exploding arrows seem counter-intuitive to a stealth build. :)

Maybe it could provide a distraction if Zombies flocked to the point of the explosion instead of the soft }thwang{ sound of the bow string.

Useless. Ark had those heat storms and all it does is put the player out of the game. Oh gee this is fun sitting in my survival tent and watching the timer. But its survival its realistic. If I wanted realistic I'd go dig ditches in the hot sun and sweat my ass off.

We can use ramdom foggy o dusty storms to archive sneaky missions.

Rads storms can bring with It powerfull radiated ferals. Is good to have thing to fear out there... even for experienced and late game players.

Something like this is inmersive and do not interfere with the game

Archived