Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

So random radiation storms are off the table because they encourage afk, but what about random anti-rad storms? Would give early-game players who are willing to "get off their ass" and act uder a strict time limit a chance at getting some later-game rewards.

Things People Wonder and Worry About

+ No level cap for A18

+ No Learn by Doing in A18

+ No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18

+ No Behemoth or Ziplines in A18

+ No LBD in A18

+ No Child Zombies in A18

+ No Boats in A18

+ No killable trader in A18

+ No change to the quest marker in A18

+ No static terrain in A18

With the "No Child Zombies in A18", if you ever plan on doing child zeds later in game just remember, Australian law will give it a "Refused Classification" will ban the sale of the game here. Also they ban games that have "(1) illicit or proscribed drug use related to incentives or rewards."...

DayZ, Fallout 3, We Happy Few, etc had to change parts of the game because of the drug use.

I hope to add 3 tiers of scavenging tools for the scavenger. Tier 1 is wrench (slowed a bit) Tier 2 is a ratchet (faster a bit than now), Tier 3 is a cordless impact driver. (very fast). The player will fell like a nascar pit man shredding a car in a second with his power tool.

3's a beautiful number. Comes up an awful lot in game design. At least for testing.

Being the best at stealth has its drawbacks, its not intended to be played as a pure build. SMG's are now a Tier 3 weapon and are governed by agility, so with perks and mods are pretty solid crowd control and with cheap ammo. Buff with HP ammo and mag extender, I don't see any serious issues. Use a magnum with penetrating rounds through bars and shoot through zombies. Line your whole belt with magnums if you want and reload when you have a chance.

I can't say its flawless but I will say its not worth worrying about until you get a hands on.

So, can all of the pistols and the SMG use the silencer given their associated with the stealth build?

We can use ramdom foggy o dusty storms to archive sneaky missions.

Rads storms can bring with It powerfull radiated ferals. Is good to have thing to fear out there... even for experienced and late game players.

Something like this is inmersive and do not interfere with the game

This would be amazing. Tough but amazing.

Generally when they bump into railing, it is sideways and they attack or jump it. Digging is separate logic, that just says they can't path to you and you are below, so they dig. It triggers in some cases where I would rather it didn't. Needs research.

Partial blocks will probably always be an issue with the current tech. Block data really could use better info on what they contain (like sub voxels) and getting it quickly in the rotated state.

Faatal

This is a question regarding the above post.

You wrote that it needs research. I've seen this happen in cabins and

homes with wood railing. But not as often when there are metal bars.

The main difference I saw was that, the wood railings have a collider,

You can see through them, but you can't shoot through them, like the

frames or bars. Could the collider, be the trigger that is making them

dig indoors. If i back away from the railing they often stop and either

jump over or walk around. Its like they cant see me through the rails.

No, we'll make Radiation resistance mods that go into your armor. The suit will have low armor and highest protection so there is risk/reward. A poi deep in the wasteland might require wearing hazmat suit to get there, then switching to armor when you get ready to go in.

That sounds like an adventure! I would boost the reward a bit more than just GS for such a special event.

Maybe one great item per special rad mission. It doesn't have to be OP, just something fun to have. Like a working radio or TV! :)

Cool idea with the armor mods BTW. Edit-2: Dang! the more I think about that the better it is, your really are a great game designer!

Edit: or in one room, there is a working station of every type: Mixer, chem, work, ect. The player places his LCB and picks them all up! I think everyone likes more stuff! :)

No, we'll make Radiation resistance mods that go into your armor. The suit will have low armor and highest protection so there is risk/reward. A poi deep in the wasteland might require wearing hazmat suit to get there, then switching to armor when you get ready to go in.

So, we have to carry 2 suits and fill our inventory space with it. Then when we get 100s item in poi we have even lesser space to carry. Hard choices are confirmed in A18 :).

Faatal

This is a question regarding the above post.

You wrote that it needs research. I've seen this happen in cabins and

homes with wood railing. But not as often when there are metal bars.

The main difference I saw was that, the wood railings have a collider,

You can see through them, but you can't shoot through them, like the

frames or bars. Could the collider, be the trigger that is making them

dig indoors. If i back away from the railing they often stop and either

jump over or walk around. Its like they cant see me through the rails.

AI follow you from noise as much as seeing. If there is a path they don't dig and pathing does not use sight. Needs data analysis and code review.

With mods their building system was a lot better. Snap n build I think it was called improved all the snap points to where it was great. A junk fence mod was nice too they pieced together at various angles and looked really cool. I like the NPC's and story elements. IF your bored and enough time has passed you can play with mods and its kinda like a new game a bit.

But yes, 7 Days has some amazing game mechanics. It doesn't even need a story or amazing NPCs to be so engaging. I think once we can get npc's and story elements half as rich as Bethesda combined with our game play we'll sell 10x as many copies. SHut up and take my money on that game. We're a few iterations aways from that though.

It's great that you understand that you have a great game right here. I also like 7 Days more than Fallout 4 (not that I can't enjoy stories in games, I love Witcher 3 for its great writing and many other story-based games)

It's great that you understand that you have a great game right here. I also like 7 Days more than Fallout 4 (not that I can't enjoy stories in games, I love Witcher 3 for its great writing and many other story-based games)

I like parts of Fallout 4 (inbetween one of my settlements being under attack) and parts of NV.

7D is different again. The progression system is the best it has been in 7D but it's the free digging/building that sells it to me.

Brohoof!

Smh

The rise of bronies were one of the many signs of how degenerative this world has become. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be an option in the future to un-fuel vehicles? While it's not an issue in A17, it's still annoying upgrading from a minibike to a jeep and still having a full tank of gas in the minibike. :p

Smh

The rise of bronies were one of the many signs of how degenerative this world has become. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be an option in the future to un-fuel vehicles? While it's not an issue in A17, it's still annoying upgrading from a minibike to a jeep and still having a full tank of gas in the minibike. :p

Smh....1st world apocalypse problems...lol

Yeah, Bs.As. always has a bad weather, I don't know why.

How was your stay in Argentina?

Pretty good Spanish btw. It's not perfect, but maybe we can both meet with snowdog some day and...I'll teach you some things...

Hehe that sounds.. Somewhat disturbing :)

Yeah I really liked the stay in the city. Very friendly people and I love the culture.. Had some good bifo de lomo and dulce de leche. I imagine life in Uruguay is very similar?

I just arrived in Bs. As. after that issue with the public defendant committing 'suicide'.. So there were many protests going on.

Thanks! I'm still doing a bit of Duolingo to keep my Spanish up.. But it's my 4th language, so it's not high on the list :)

- - - Updated - - -

Miss Argentina is always so hot every year in the Miss Universe competition...

How about Miss Pennsylvania?

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting buff again. Alpha 18 is going to destroy everyone's blood sugar, body fat %, cortizol, etc :D

Will it destroy the CPU/GPU/fan on my gaming laptop as well? ;)

Man...I want to play skyrim again, what mods do you recommend?

Pfff don't ask MM, he is a milk drinker... Start with Requiem as your base mod if you want mechanics for real men, Sands of Time to breathe some life into the empty world and make it dynamic, Expanded towns and cities to make Skyrim great again and Deadly Dragons to give dragons theirs balls back.

Archived