Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

maybe you can craft throwing knifes (Just Scrap and Hide or something) there good at stealth damage

But not good if your running your in a rush

Compound Crossbow: able to hold 3 bolts and higher power the Normal crossbow. but has less durability

Stealth guy has exploding arrows/arrows, he doesn't need to throw knives too.

Would love, love, love to see any preview media on these.

Also, MM - this got me thinking about the earlier posts about a lack of people using electricity "bc I can defend my base without it." It seems to me adding more high tier / vault class stuff might incent people to power their base. Apart from the power doors, stuff requiring power like security cams or advanced crafting stations (EX: lathes, foundries) would likely convert more players to the dark side.

Yes I'd like a few more late game workstations that need electricity, and the powered doors are nice, but I never found the schematics in my 100 hour game, but they didn't exist for a good portion of it, so there it is.

I'm not much worried. As you mentioned, I don't have to have a pure build. I'm just thinking of ways one class could play different to others. Slowing zombies down and moving about would be one way to do it IMO. SMG soulds like a backup, otherwise might as well go with fortitude bullet-spray build...

Rapid fire exploding arrows on a fully modded bow, I think stealth build will be awesome, those didn't even exist when I did mine.

Hello, for information on alpha 17

The new trend of my server.

an easy way to earn coins

The picnic table can be sold up to 1500 at a single trader :smile-new:

we can quickly become a millionaire :strawberry:

will this way continue for Alpha 18?

1569339343-best-price.jpg

That is so yesterday's news. You craft a furniture block now, and those sell for maybe 20 dukes. You can't sell a "picnic table" any more, you make a furniture block and it can be any furniture item in the build menu. So the build menu helped streamline funky recipes and bloated prices.

ok Then I'll put all my questions in one like a shopping list

And I'll answer the first one like I did that other guy and delete the rest. Sorry man, but I don't want to ignore you, but I can't answer 50 questions an hour. Please respect other forum members and my time by limiting your questions.

Hello, for information on alpha 17

The new trend of my server.

an easy way to earn coins

The picnic table can be sold up to 1500 at a single trader :smile-new:

we can quickly become a millionaire :strawberry:

will this way continue for Alpha 18?

1569339343-best-price.jpg

old news and not possible in a18 :)

damn.. mm beat me again :(

That is so yesterday's news. You craft a furniture block now, and those sell for maybe 20 dukes. You can't sell a "picnic table" any more, you make a furniture block and it can be any furniture item in the build menu. So the build menu helped streamline funky recipes and bloated prices.

179 Coins per unit

but I agree this is not new, at the time it was the concrete block

I doubt it but we had to customize (fix) it so much that might be a nightmare.

Honestly? I'd start from scratch with a 2.8 update. There have been so many fixes that I'm not entirely sure an old UMA would work without a bit of jiggery-pokery. On the plus side, 2.8 is a lot easier to work with and more efficient than the old system.

I'm currently trying to strap together the mesh from MakeHuman with an UMA rig so that I can have a unified gender-fluid mesh. It should also allow me to have some less than politically correct characters such as masculine transvestites. :-)

Do you then buy helper blocks from the trader instead of e.g. rebar frames ?

That number was visible in MM's video. Just saying. And as MM said .. not important. Yesterday I was trying a new packaging method in my code and we jump build number from 20 to 50 in 40 minute.. without adding a new feature. Sometime build number jump on just a label change too...

We almost never have the build number increase for nothing. Someone manually changes the version file and commits to make a build. Most of our builds have 10 to 30 changes.

What ??!! This is real bad news. All my RP was based on selling furniture (I play a carpenter) and TFP just destroyed everything I liked in this game. As a customer (I bought hundreds of copies of the game for friends, and even strangers) I feel totally ripped off.

Would it be too much to ask for an option for that ???

And um ... an option also for termites to dig / not dig into the wood. I like the challenge of termites, but not in the woods, damn!

Archived