Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Are you doing iodine tablets or some sort of other chemical "fix" to rad sickness as well?

Will rad sickness induce dysentery and puking?

Probably some kind of time decay that is accelerated by meds. Not sure what side effects, since we have puking and diarrhea I don't see duplicating those as adding anything of value.

@Madmole

Have you or anyone else on the team discussed having a zone on the map that upon entering it lets say, a count down timer starts at 30 seconds so. If you are still within this "zone" when the timer reachers 0 it triggers a bloodmoon and never stops until the player leaves the zone?

Edit: Within this zone can contain the possibility for higher level loot. Also this zone will only spawn half the amount of the BM zombie count. This way it will still be possbile to loot but with a real challenge. This would be effected by the setting chosen for BM max zombie count on the server setting.

Probably some kind of time decay that is accelerated by meds. Not sure what side effects, since we have puking and diarrhea I don't see duplicating those as adding anything of value.

Perhaps decreased health? (For instance, if you were at 140 health, it would decrease you to 110 health while the debuff was active.) This would set up a challenge. Do you continue or go home?

Or it could make healing items less effective... somehow?

Again, just an idea.

I think Edwards needs to prove he is more capable than decisioning over the hill gatekeepers to be honest. I’d have to choose Usman.

RDA is a shell of his roided self, Cerrone chokes, and Gunnar is ehhh

Yes, I had to test you, you passed with flying colors. Usman will butt hump him for another ugly 25 minute win.

Gunnar is his best win IMO, he has beat some solid guys and his only losses are to very nasty guys. I feel like Santiago Ponzinibbio is the dark horse in that division.

We can use ramdom foggy o dusty storms to archive sneaky missions.

Rads storms can bring with It powerfull radiated ferals. Is good to have thing to fear out there... even for experienced and late game players.

Something like this is inmersive and do not interfere with the game

Yes now you are speaking my language. A rad storm that brings out the ferals or upgrades nearby zombies to radiated would be scary AF, and beats the crap out of go inside and AFK while the storm passes.

Dang. Not fair.

I wish I could get those things, but I live in Uruguay and there's no Bethesda merch at all here. I bring them from USA when my family comes to visit me.

Ah de dَnde eres en Uruguay? Porque trabajé en Bs. As. durante cuatro meses y visité Montevideo un ves :)

@Madmole

Have you or anyone else on the team discussed having a zone on the map that upon entering it lets say, a count down timer starts at 30 seconds so. If you are still within this "zone" when the timer reachers 0 it triggers a bloodmoon and never stops until the player leaves the zone?

Well, there is a green-tinted guacamole-moon when you enter the radiation zone. And your health counts down nicely and something is triggered when it reaches 0

Check, check and check

@Madmole

Edit: Within this zone can contain the possibility for higher level loot. Also this zone will only spawn half the amount of the BM zombie count. This way it will still be possbile to loot but with a real challenge. This would be effected by the setting chosen for BM max zombie count on the server setting.

We're planning a difficult wasteland.

Well, there is a green-tinted guacamole-moon when you enter the radiation zone. And your health counts down nicely and something is triggered when it reaches 0

Check, check and check

Rad debuff can pop out, 1% gives you 99% health, 99% gives you 1% health. So you are weakened the more radiation you soak up and have to manage it with meds and health kits once medicated.

EDit: I think that is exactly how fallouts is lol, I'd have to check.

Archived