Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes, I had to test you, you passed with flying colors. Usman will butt hump him for another ugly 25 minute win.

Gunnar is his best win IMO, he has beat some solid guys and his only losses are to very nasty guys. I feel like Santiago Ponzinibbio is the dark horse in that division.

I like Gunnar, he is good, but needs to like.. go up a level... lol

Its a tax writeoff too :) I've always had nice PC's even when I was poor. Lets see new shoes, pants, etc etc... or new video card and squeeze a few more months out of these old shoes? Video card it is :)

so 2006 (oblivion), 08, 10, 11, 15, 18 (Fallout 76) ? were all new PC's?

Im just trying to find a compelling reason to upgrade from my 2014 4790K but aside from IO on AMD's side, there isnt really one.

Not for the costs involved anyway.

You just don't know about the ear wax arrows, yet. Hah!

Acid/poison arrows would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

You just don't know about the ear wax arrows, yet. Hah!

Those are call Q-tips Mach 2. 😜

- - - Updated - - -

Damn you! Its an AGILITY function, so there.

Haha, I'm good MM, stealth is just a subset of agility. I'm sure the Agility guys will appreciate the exploding arrows on horde night. 😎

- - - Updated - - -

Damn you! Its an AGILITY function, so there.

Haha, I'm good MM, stealth is just a subset of agility. I'm sure the Agility guys will appreciate the exploding arrows on horde night. 😎

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, noone will hear it, they will just explode.

ROFL, I love it......or the explosions are so loud they become deft....

- - - Updated - - -

WHATS WITH ALL THE FALLOUT FANS!!!!!

i mean im one but the only thing i have is a lunch box

MM is a fan...only natural others who enjoyed it would be playing the game he is making. 😎

Okay, so I just almost died. XD Tip: Never drive your vehicle into spikes. :p

(I wasn't looking and I crashed my minibike into the spikes behind my wooden shack. It destroyed part of the wall, damaged my chem station, and plunged me into the spikes. The bike then ran me over when I got off, put me into third person mode while I was dying on my own spikes, and I went down to 10 health. :p)

MM is a fan...only natural others who enjoyed it would be playing the game he is making.

true m8 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I just almost died. XD Tip: Never drive your vehicle into spikes. :p

(I wasn't looking and I crashed my minibike into the spikes behind my wooden shack. It destroyed part of the wall, damaged my chem station, and plunged me into the spikes. The bike then ran me over when I got off, put me into third person mode while I was dying on my own spikes, and I went down to 10 health. :p)

iv done that so may times iv lost count it even blew up my first Jeep XD

Speaking of ragdoll, the way the Z'd twitch after they die suggests that the CPU is still doing calculations to those entities. This would be a Faatal question, but is there any way to stop that? After the Z has settled on the ground, the only way I can think of wanting it to ragdoll again is maybe if I shoot it or run it over with my vehicle.

UNLESS you can get a way for the Z's to pile up, like realistic gore blocks? But I'm doubting that.

The only other interaction I can think of is if a block was to be dropped on the dead Z, but I'd just be happy if it squash them flat and destroy the entity.

Yes, the ragdoll rigid bodies are active while dead, but you could hit remove a block under them and they would fall. Sure it could be done differently, but not a priority.

Acid/poison arrows would be nice.

MM is a fan...only natural others who enjoyed it would be playing the game he is making.

Fallout was okay, I played through each one once and never looked back.

IMO 7 days beats any Fallout by a mile and is still in Alpha, lol.

Between 4's pointless & clunky base building and non-destructible non-random world.. it doesn't hold a candle to this game.

Between 4's pointless & clunky base building and non-destructible world.. it doesn't hold a candle to this game.

hmmmmm Idk Fallout NV and 7dtd are the same in by book

(never played 1 or 2)

3 was ok

4 mmmm "gun play was better"?

76...............................WHAT can i say that hasn't been said

so 2006 (oblivion), 08, 10, 11, 15, 18 (Fallout 76) ? were all new PC's?

Im just trying to find a compelling reason to upgrade from my 2014 4790K but aside from IO on AMD's side, there isnt really one.

Not for the costs involved anyway.

I think I got a new pc in about 2004 and upgraded it for fallout 3. I got a new pc for skyrim in 2011, and one in 2015 for Fallout 4 and then one last fall for FO76. I spend 1000+ hours on most Elder Scrolls games so I don't mind having a top end experience for something I spend so much time at, plus I can use it for work, etc so its a no brainer for me.

Between 4's pointless & clunky base building and non-destructible non-random world.. it doesn't hold a candle to this game.

With mods their building system was a lot better. Snap n build I think it was called improved all the snap points to where it was great. A junk fence mod was nice too they pieced together at various angles and looked really cool. I like the NPC's and story elements. IF your bored and enough time has passed you can play with mods and its kinda like a new game a bit.

But yes, 7 Days has some amazing game mechanics. It doesn't even need a story or amazing NPCs to be so engaging. I think once we can get npc's and story elements half as rich as Bethesda combined with our game play we'll sell 10x as many copies. SHut up and take my money on that game. We're a few iterations aways from that though.

Archived