Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

True, that was a let down ( measering the Hype that was made ) but he recently stated that Mr. Madmole was working on something secret.

Secret project eh...

Wasn't there a guy once, who always had those?

Ty I think his name was...

Bad memories of that one ;)

True, that was a let down ( measering the Hype that was made ) but he recently stated that Mr. Madmole was working on something secret.

MM is an artist with mod expertise. So, if he is the only one working on his pet project... Hmm, OK, it could be just about anything! :)

I wonder about the design process of POIs.

Do the designers have a separate dedicated editor for the voxel buildings (also using mark/copy/paste there), or do they work in the "ingame" creative environment?

Check out the dungeon prefab video on the first page. The problem with doing it in-game would be navigating under the prefab and determining the extents.

so will we get tamed wolf pet in a17, that madmole was talking about in concept art video?

Just re-watched that video, forgot all about that.

That's a really good question!

Hearing MM talking about being able to craft saddlebags to place on a tame wolf just sounds really thrilling :D

I wonder about the design process of POIs.

Do the designers have a separate dedicated editor for the voxel buildings (also using mark/copy/paste there), or do they work in the "ingame" creative environment?

They actually have a in game prefab editing tool. Someone on the forums actually exposed it and made it public. I use it when building my Prefabs. It has all the copy paste tools and such and is pretty easy to use.

- - - Updated - - -

so will we get tamed wolf pet in a17, that madmole was talking about in concept art video?

I have a feeling that got delayed with the bandits and such.

The are lady zombie nipples in the game, but "♥♥♥♥♥" gets blocked out on the forum?

The world is weird.

Remember that this is an American game / forum. They do things a little different there compared to Europa for instance...

It may seem strange, but that's earth for you :).

Most importantly of all, is to remember the respect!

That's how we do it in Europa anyway (ideally).

So... No one is going to comment on jumping zombies?

I think that seeing a hoard of jumping zombies would look really weird. Almost like looking at a bunch of small hyper dogs jumping. It be too funny to take seriously

I know that Madmole said something about it. Something about TFP's putting it in, seeing it. Talking about it but not liking this and taking it out. It must have been before A-9.3 because I've never seen it.

Somewhere in time between 25 and 55 days, I will be fighting through angry mobs of blood thirsty animals, hungry for my brains!

Then once I leave the airport I will go home and play A17. :)

Yea that's an airport. lol

Then there are some that don't even read the signs and wonder why they are in the wrong place.

Saw one person yell at a TSA officer, blaming them for being in the wrong place because he did not look that the signs. lol

Check out the dungeon prefab video on the first page. The problem with doing it in-game would be navigating under the prefab and determining the extents.

Thanks for the link. So they are using an "in Engine" editor. And not some external voxel editor.

Thanks for the link. So they are using an "in Engine" editor. And not some external voxel editor.

Yes, by the look of it. Creating a second engine just to edit prefabs would be far too much work that can be avoided, not only in writing it but also in keeping it up to date with changes made in the game engine.

crack the code

Highest difficulty? Why so hard? Seems like people would rage quit if they had those settings.

How would you find any loot with only 25%

What does your avatar's shirt say?

Thats why I play alone mostly. Let me ask you another Question: What Point is there to play a survival Game, if there is no true survival aspect and you get what you need put in your Lap? I plan on playing a long Time, and I want to be proud of what I have built. I have more than 2300h on 7Days in Steam

I also have my personal Rule, that you have to build your own Base from day 1 and not just take over a POI. You also have to spend Hordenight in your Base. You learn alot about what works and what you have to look out for.

The only Thing I am missing is Seasons. Your Crops don't grow and you need to stock Food and Water to get by.

Thats why I play alone mostly. Let me ask you another Question: What Point is there to play a survival Game, if there is no true survival aspect and you get what you need put in your Lap? I plan on playing a long Time, and I want to be proud of what I have built. I have more than 2300h on 7Days in Steam

I also have my personal Rule, that you have to build your own Base from day 1 and not just take over a POI. You also have to spend Hordenight in your Base. You learn alot about what works and what you have to look out for.

The only Thing I am missing is Seasons. Your Crops don't grow and you need to stock Food and Water to get by.

What Point is there to play a survival Game, if there is no true survival aspect and you get what you need put in your Lap?

I play several survival games and none of them put what I get in my lap. I have to work for what I get. I'm a tester so I'm having to constantly start over. But I also have fun getting exploring places and getting better at it.

Let me ask you this. What fun is it when you go in a house or building, clearing it only to find nothing worth taking?

I have a rule of my own. Don't get nailed down by rules. I survive on my wits and a little luck. Were things can change in the blink of an eye and I have to a second in which to think about something and the rest of the game to regret it if I make a bad choice.

One time I was building a fort and the hoard came a little earlier than I thought. I couldn't not stay in my fort and was running. I ended up jumping in the lake and swimming. That saved me from the zombies but I was slowly freezing to death. I couldn't not go back to shore or stay in the water. So I did the only thing I could. I dove. Because just like in real life, water warms and (more importantly) cools slower than air. The water was warmer and was able to keep from freezing.

Made it to morning and swam out.

The point is that I use the environment to survive. I can even use a tree of fence post to help me in my fight or flight with zombies.

That's one thing I learned about surviving is to never disregard your surroundings.

I would like seasons added to the game to and that may happen. Places like Kansas, Vestfold and Thailand must look very pretty this time of year. :)

Highest difficulty? Why so hard? Seems like people would rage quit if they had those settings.

How would you find any loot with only 25%

What does your avatar's shirt say?

Well... That's helpful...

Random number generator output?

https://imgur.com/gallery/keWbW

I agree 100 percent with this, but mind you it's not a very popular sentiment. There are a fringe group of us like minded individuals. True Survival is a great mod for that, and one that heavily influenced the pace of my own mod so far as making people WORk for their luxuries. As much as I love and respect the developers I have too many hours in to appreciate the vanilla experience and find myself FAR outplaying the limits put on me by vanilla.

But thats what makes this game and the Pimps so awesome. The support we get for creating our own monstrous Apocalypse!

- - - Updated - - -

What Point is there to play a survival Game, if there is no true survival aspect and you get what you need put in your Lap?

I play several survival games and none of them put what I get in my lap. I have to work for what I get. I'm a tester so I'm having to constantly start over. But I also have fun getting exploring places and getting better at it.

Let me ask you this. What fun is it when you go in a house or building, clearing it only to find nothing worth taking?

I can understand why people like an overabundance of loot in theri survival games, but why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that people like Survival Games with extra difficulty. Some of us have played for thousands of hours and require more than just the normal experience. The normal experience for us becomes trivial.

I agree 100 percent with this, but mind you it's not a very popular sentiment. There are a fringe group of us like minded individuals. True Survival is a great mod for that, and one that heavily influenced the pace of my own mod so far as making people WORk for their luxuries. As much as I love and respect the developers I have too many hours in to appreciate the vanilla experience and find myself FAR outplaying the limits put on me by vanilla.

But thats what makes this game and the Pimps so awesome. The support we get for creating our own monstrous Apocalypse!

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand why people like an overabundance of loot in theri survival games, but why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that people like Survival Games with extra difficulty. Some of us have played for thousands of hours and require more than just the normal experience. The normal experience for us becomes trivial.

Well, that does it. The day is finally here. I agree with every single word of this post.

Last item on my bucket list. Now it is just a long wait til the end with nothing to look forward to. :(

Acknowledged and understood... but it's literally what you said. You have outplayed the vanilla game.

Time to start selling you some loot boxes! Oh, wait, I mean "live service". That sounds so much better. =P

On Steam 7DTD is a <30$ game which by modern AAA game standards can get you like 1 hour of game per 5$.

There are exceptions to that but in general players are totally robbing TFP on that particular purchase. ;)

That is TRUE! Is there a place we can donate $$? I have wanted to for some time.

I call it priceless. What we gave in money is nothing close to what pimps give for this game, many times i just think "I love this game" while ingame. Not being santimental , but honest, it is priceless.

- - - Updated - - -

That is TRUE! Is there a place we can donate $$? I have wanted to for some time.

I can give you my PayPal ;)

Archived