Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My only Hope is, that once Alpha 17 E is out, the RG will stay the same as in A17S, so we do not have to start over again. Even if it is wiser to do so.

Well in that case. Wait till they do a stable release.

Welcome to the forums. :)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24558[/ATTACH]

People still use kettles??? 00

;)

in-game visuals...

there was a mod for the game "Rust" that allowed you to at png/jpg images to any sign in the game. this was awesome. I was able to create arenas with sponsors (Coke, NVidia, etc.) and well players would make (doodle) or import some interesting art. Yes there was a huge amount of ♥♥♥♥♥ images but still it was a great feature.

So any chances we will see or get the ability to do more to our signs?

(Next up - custom clothing and dyes...)

That's very unlikely and even if it is you really don't want to do it. TFP have hired quite a few people to work on the terrain generator, even a minor change in the generation algorithm will have huge changes to RNG.

If I remember correctly they said many moons ago that if you generate a world with a particular version of the terrain generator the game will use that version to generate the world, I'm not sure if that's still the case but if it is you'll miss out on anything the new generator has to offer.

I have also found that if your rwgmixer file has changed since you created the world, distant terrain and distant POIs can be wrong, which I can never tolerate.

I have also found that if your rwgmixer file has changed since you created the world, distant terrain and distant POIs can be wrong, which I can never tolerate.

Never?

What do you do, when a POI gets destroyed, yet still shows up in distant terrain? :p

Q: Any news on how the A17 changes will affect multiplayer servers? Or has that not been tested yet.

Have to know how poor I'll become in july when renting a server with 200 gb RAM :p

I just spent the rest of my year's savings money on a new computer lmao

I checked my order history and found out I built my current computer in 2010 and replaced the video card halfway through its lifecycle lmao it's sooo ooooold

I checked my order history and found out I built my current computer in 2010 and replaced the video card halfway through its lifecycle lmao it's sooo ooooold

Did you get the Asus ROG Strix X299E mobo and some DDR4 3466 so you can OC it?

What did you get for CPU cooling, I recommend the Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO RGB.

What did you get for your Graphics card?

Did you get the Samsung EVO 960 M.2 NVMe SSD?

Details I need details. :)

Also what did you get for CPU cooling, I recommend the Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO RGB.

I diverted from your recommendations a bit. I benchmarked and compared a bunch of different parts while also considering cost (which still ended up being too high for me but I got 12-month financing) and settled on this:

MOBO: ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W (I've never replaced a CPU without replacing everything so I figured I didn't need to set myself up for the i9. Rather just go with the more cost-effective option - http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7820X/3937vs3928)

CPU cooling: Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO RGB

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170

SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (this was actually on sale for cheaper than the 960 and benchmarked better so I went for it - http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-960-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-500GB-vs-Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-500GB/m204072vsm493995)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W

Monitor: ASUS PB277Q 27" 1ms (GTG) TN Panel Widescreen LCD/LED Monitor 1440p 75Hz (could have went better here but I didn't have that much to spend on an expensive monitor)

What did you get for CPU cooling, I recommend the Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO RGB.

Is this what you're looking for? With this baby I can almost get 144fps in Dishong tower

IMG_20180506_102344.thumb.jpg.9b94b310f360a1de73becd368e3a2c02.jpg

IMG_20180506_112247.jpg.ee0542a69369ead2f02d04709c9eb349.jpg

IMG_20180221_145829.thumb.jpg.f358843c3e0251bb1e2b69b1f51f4709.jpg

The cooling is temporary. Will eventually use a custom loop with PETG on EK blocks.

a few days ago i was so happy, that this forum was about A17. and now... back for the spams agan... :/

It's been like thia for years although with the extended time between alphas this one has been a little worse. Sometimes the random ebb and flow of conversation throws up some interesting ideas... most of the time it's just twoddle.

a few days ago i was so happy, that this forum was about A17. and now... back for the spams agan... :/

Just be glad its not in Hawaii...as its ALL about the SPAMS! spam and eggs , spam and rice...email spam , forum spam...spam spam spam!

Well in that case. Wait till they do a stable release.

Welcome to the forums. :)

- - - Updated - - -

People still use kettles??? 00

;)

Thank you very much. I always read the Forums for News on 7 Days. I just never post anything because my Questions have mostly already been answered.

I would like to thank TFP for this Game. I have buyed multiple Copies of 7DTD for my Friends hoping they will join me. But it seems I am pretty much alone. I like to make the Game extra hard. Highest Zombie Difficulty, 25% Loot, 30 Day Respawn, 64 Zs on Hordenight and so on. I know this is Off-Topic. But thank you again, my Pimps! Take all the Time you need. You are doing an awesome Job. Can't wait for A17! Cheers! <3

My current computer was built in early 2009. Luckily I bought pretty much top of the line everything so all I've changed is more RAM and switched video cards. But it is REALLY starting to show its age now. :(

I post once in a great while, I just come here for the entertainment..I've already played this game more hours than I have played many games. I just understand that it is going to be a process. If you need a break go play something else, or maybe get in shape :)

faatal,

Here is another question I just thought of. What are your plans if any regarding zombies always targeting the player who most recently injured them? Similarly, what about how in general a zombie that has targeted Player A will completely ignore Player B even if player B stands right in their path? Does the pathing system also allow zombies to change targets to the nearest most easily reached player?

The tried and true yo-yo action of getting a zombie between two players and each alternating attacks can be fun but its also predictable and simplistic.

That is pretty much the same for now and we are at feature freeze for A17. Bugs need to be fixed and new features polished before I go changing (additional) stuff that works, so maybe A17+.

So to try and put into my own words so I can understand... Bare with me.

"It is path of least resistance (lowest health) in all directions to you".

This means that...

1. Multiple Paths are generated (got it) to reach a player.
  2. A list of blocks along each path are obtained. Assuming a 2 or 3 block high list along the whole path.
  3. The total health of the blocks that would need to be destroyed is calculated across these lists of blocks per path. (middle block, then high/low check with low favored.
  4. The path with least resistance is found.

is that right?

And @Roland, I don't think that the Door Honey Pot issue is getting resolved here. Though honestly you know more about it. But "zombies choosing doors for the sake of doors" still sounds like it's in effect. @fataal, if memory serves, never stated that the pathing evaluation putting doors at 25% of their health made a difference. And he stated that the goal of "path of least resistance" is still the goal of the AI.

1. Blocks are scanned into a 3d grid of nodes (which has a cost based on block heath, is door, need jump, etc)

2. A tree of paths is made from start to end favoring directions toward end.

3. The lowest cost branches are used for path.

Open air next to a door will always win, unless the door is open. You can place doors out in the open all you want and zombies will not care.

Archived