Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I dont if this was asked before, will POI's be able to be modded to have containers to use a modified loot table for rewards? Or even a specific item. What would be nice if a chest can drop a specified reward as long as the quest is in the list.

Also is something being done about the stacking of items like recipes and quests ?

Truthfully, from my programmer's eyes, a good tester is an Obsessive-Compulsive, anally-retentive, perfectionist. It's unlikely I will ever be confused of any of that and it's why I made my best work only when there were great testers on the team.

Hehehe!

That is so true...

That's a noble cause, but you shouldn't have to do it all on your own, I'll help!

A 17 has a lot of features to test, you know? ;)

You are 100% perfectly correct sir!

I'm thinking we need to do research first, binge watch all the movies that have the words: "walking" and "dead".

There is a new movie that might have taken some ideas from 7D2D called: "3 Hours till Dead"... suspicious title.

Then we will be fully qualified to test all aspects of the game! My Test Plan is to pretend I'm not testing at all and see if any errors come up while I'm "having fun". Someone has to stand in the breach, it should be me... and you!

Remember that this is an American game / forum. They do things a little different there compared to Europa for instance...

It may seem strange, but that's earth for you :).

Most importantly of all, is to remember the respect!

That's how we do it in Europa anyway (ideally).

Welcome to America, where sex (which is necessary for survival of the species) is not okay, but graphic violence is everywhere you look.

Light range

In the last video Madmole showed us adding the new tress that you can see at a distance. I wanted to know if there are any plans to add lights at a distance?

Fore example: At night, I can see a lamp post and the light (if on). But if I get back form I can still see the lamp post but the light goes away.

Light range

In the last video Madmole showed us adding the new tress that you can see at a distance. I wanted to know if there are any plans to add lights at a distance?

Fore example: At night, I can see a lamp post and the light (if on). But if I get back form I can still see the lamp post but the light goes away.

That's a good question. I have a custom POI where I put a spotlight pointing at the White River flag (the one that flies at the trader POIs). I did this so I could spot it in the distance at night, but you can't see it as far away as I was hoping.

That's a good question. I have a custom POI where I put a spotlight pointing at the White River flag (the one that flies at the trader POIs). I did this so I could spot it in the distance at night, but you can't see it as far away as I was hoping.

Yeah, lighting form objects is the first thing to go when you start to walk away from it.

Well I have heard how expensive those lights are. Having them work at a large distance I imagine will take a huge performance hit.

I don't know about that. I hope not. But would like to know if that really is an issue.

Can confirm with certainty that that was the issue cited in the past. This exact question was asked before, when distant POIs were first introduced.

Maybe they've found a way around it now though?

Hope so.

Any non smartass reason for this post? Thought not which means, why post it?

Making people smile at a smartass joke?

It made me chuckle.

Just because you see no value in it does not mean it has no value.

Added:

If we have learned anything from the Devs and Moderators of this forum it is that being snarky and a smartass is welcome here. As long as it does not cross any boundaries of basic decency.

Is he the nice one?

They are all very nice.. ;)

These small things left in the game from pimps is one of the coolest things, make them more. Ballerina statue with Rolands face, Kin and Madmole figures with wobbly heads in the jeep. Guppy as a writer. Little things that makes the fun 110%.

They are all very nice.. ;)

These small things left in the game from pimps is one of the coolest things, make them more. Ballerina statue with Rolands face, Kin and Madmole figures with wobbly heads in the jeep. Guppy as a writer. Little things that makes the fun 110%.

The trader Rekt is not what I would call.....nice, but he is SO over the top ( in a very entertaining way) it was clearly done on purpose and fits the game perfectly. There would be people like that, no question. :)

Light range

+1

I like this idea

Making people smile at a smartass joke?

It made me chuckle.

Just because you see no value in it does not mean it has no value.

Added:

If we have learned anything from the Devs and Moderators of this forum it is that being snarky and a smartass is welcome here. As long as it does not cross any boundaries of basic decency.

But it was basically just another "It's been a WHOLE year." reminders. Just trying to hide as a snarky joke.

But it was basically just another "It's been a WHOLE year." reminders. Just trying to hide as a snarky joke.

I am pretty sure the members of this forum, the devs and the Moderators can handle it.

We don't need you to police things for us.

Added:

Even if you are right and it was just that, who cares?

He has his comment, some people laugh, some don't, we move on.

And at the end of the day he is right, it has been a year. Again, who cares?

Added added:

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I promise. I saw your comment as equally unnecessary. You read something into his for an implied meaning and I read something into yours. We do it all the time with text, we have no choice. So we do not need to drag this out further. It is all good, man. :)

Was about to say the same thing Cazmyr… I doubt it was meant to offend anyone and that most of the people in the forum got a good laugh from it. The post was clearly in good nature and is what we'd expect from our lad anyway. I see no issue with poking fun at the length of time an update is taking considering we should all know by now that it is gonna be massive and provide many more hours of content to enjoy. For free!

There's not much exciting news. People are fixing and optimising.

What I worked on the last few days (with Chris, who rarely visits this wretched hive of scum and villainy, and Joel) was optimising the "distant POI" model generation.

With some new code, some creativity, and a lot of sweat the combined size of those meshes went down almost 30% compared to the A16 meshes - and A17 has both more prefabs and generally more complex ones with collapsed floors or roofs.

Nicely done, gentlemen!

I am pretty sure the members of this forum, the devs and the Moderators can handle it.

We don't need you to police things for us.

Added:

Even if you are right and it was just that, who cares?

He has his comment, some people laugh, some don't, we move on.

And at the end of the day he is right, it has been a year. Again, who cares?

Added added:

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I promise. I saw your comment as equally unnecessary. You read something into his for an implied meaning and I read something into yours. We do it all the time with text, we have no choice. So we do not need to drag this out further. It is all good, man. :)

You've now written a book and a half about my 20 word post. You all do all that and I'll comment how I see fit, maybe?

I'm not "policing" the forum. The post is still there isn't it? But, in my opinion, it is that kind of snarky BS on a daily basis that drives devs off of forums. I like it when they engage on the forums. So, I'll comment on it as much as I want/Roland will let me.

Archived