Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I had an interesting thought, I know this would be down the road but hear me out, we all want some difficulty to a vanilla game, mods are a way to go, but here are some ideas that I hope can make it into vanilla, everyone let me know what you think.

1. Alternate Ammo - I know there are mods for this but i would love to see in vanilla some alternate handgun and sniper ammo, i love the two for the shotgun and almost wish dragon shells would make it into the game.

2. Armored Enemies - Lets face it, the zombies happened but why are all of them not wearing armor? Why not add in chances for all zombies that spawn to be wearing things like leather armor, football helmets, leg armor etc. Would make for aiming for the head a little less convenient sometimes.

3. New Crafting Stations - Honestly I would not mind seeing things like a working stove, which was mentioned before, maybe an ammunition press, a tool bench to actually craft tools, stuff like that.

4. More Paints - I would love to see more paints added in, both in colors and themes, like Halloween and xmas.

5. Dieing/Dying Station - Not sure the proper word for it but to basically take any clothes you find and change their color, even armor that you have.

6. More Diverse Tools - Such as a Power Ratchet, Jackhammer, Crowbar, stuff like that.

Thats all on my mind right now, fataal and roland, what do you think?

They need to set up a patreon or something. I feel bad having so many hours for only 30 bucks. Hell, I have alot to Digital extremes for not a small amount. Because they put out a great game and I want to support.

They need to set up a patreon or something. I feel bad having so many hours for only 30 bucks. Hell, I have alot to Digital extremes for not a small amount. Because they put out a great game and I want to support.

I would totally give to a patreon.

Acknowledged and understood... but it's literally what you said. You have outplayed the vanilla game.

Time to start selling you some loot boxes! Oh, wait, I mean "live service". That sounds so much better. =P

On Steam 7DTD is a <30$ game which by modern AAA game standards can get you like 1 hour of game per 5$.

There are exceptions to that but in general players are totally robbing TFP on that particular purchase. ;)

Sir, do NOT toy with my inability to suppress my urge to give you guys more money. Loot boxes you say? For THIS game I support, because I have gotten SO much out of this game I feel like, I said I feel like a ....SMOOTH CRIMINAL

Something similar to Warframe's founders status would be nice. Not sure how it would be implemented given the game truely IS still in development unlike Warframes unending beta status. With modding being a thing Im not sure what "rewards" or incentives there would be other than supporting further development. Maybe a discount on future DLC whenever that becomes a thing?

But yeah we all got our money's worth so far for sure. Big thank you to TFP for that

5. Dieing/Dying Station - Not sure the proper word for it but to basically take any clothes you find and change their color, even armor that you have.

Both spellings work. If you have the dying station UI open and a daytime horde comes by, it could quickly become a dieing station.

For what little my $0.02 is worth in Dukes tokens, I'd like to see an addtion to the run/walk options that has a speed halfway between the current triple-mocha-with-crack-sprinkles run speed and the too-slow-to-be-challenging walk speed. So, maybe:

• Always walk
  • Walk in daytime, faster at night
  • Always faster
  • Faster in daytime, caffeine-and-crack at night
  • always caffeine-and-crack

Seems like the current caffeine-and-crack is simply the animation sped up to ridiculous levels, I could be wrong, but if that's all it is it shouldn't be too hard to have an intermediate stage.

This comes to mind now because a friend and I were on day 2 of a new start this last weekend and encountered two feral "normals" that seemed to be in such a hurry they had trouble actually hitting me. I certainly had trouble hitting them. I managed to dispatch both with a 25-quality club and believe me I'm a terrible melee combatant. The non-feral hungry zombie that was also in the house had no such difficulty targeting me and got to snack while I was attempting to club the 2nd feral.

Both spellings work. If you have the dying station UI open and a daytime horde comes by, it could quickly become a dieing station.

For what little my $0.02 is worth in Dukes tokens, I'd like to see an addtion to the run/walk options that has a speed halfway between the current triple-mocha-with-crack-sprinkles run speed and the too-slow-to-be-challenging walk speed. So, maybe:

• Always walk
  • Walk in daytime, faster at night
  • Always faster
  • Faster in daytime, caffeine-and-crack at night
  • always caffeine-and-crack

Seems like the current caffeine-and-crack is simply the animation sped up to ridiculous levels, I could be wrong, but if that's all it is it shouldn't be too hard to have an intermediate stage.

This comes to mind now because a friend and I were on day 2 of a new start this last weekend and encountered two feral "normals" that seemed to be in such a hurry they had trouble actually hitting me. I certainly had trouble hitting them. I managed to dispatch both with a 25-quality club and believe me I'm a terrible melee combatant. The non-feral hungry zombie that was also in the house had no such difficulty targeting me and got to snack while I was attempting to club the 2nd feral.

I remember back in the Days when Zombies would run in dark places like houses even during daytime, and would only slowdown when the got hit by Sunlight. Didn't Sir MadMole once say theyd might bring that back as an activatable option?

I remember back in the Days when Zombies would run in dark places like houses even during daytime, and would only slowdown when the got hit by Sunlight. Didn't Sir MadMole once say theyd might bring that back as an activatable option?

This would be awesome.

Would be nice to have that back..

I agree 100 percent with this, but mind you it's not a very popular sentiment. There are a fringe group of us like minded individuals. True Survival is a great mod for that, and one that heavily influenced the pace of my own mod so far as making people WORk for their luxuries. As much as I love and respect the developers I have too many hours in to appreciate the vanilla experience and find myself FAR outplaying the limits put on me by vanilla.

But thats what makes this game and the Pimps so awesome. The support we get for creating our own monstrous Apocalypse!

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand why people like an overabundance of loot in theri survival games, but why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that people like Survival Games with extra difficulty. Some of us have played for thousands of hours and require more than just the normal experience. The normal experience for us becomes trivial.

An overabundance of loot? Jax. I think that you miss read my post. I like my games challenging not overwhelming. But not too easy either.

Just so you know I have been playing this game since A-9.3 and have over 1,100 hours under my belt. So yes I am right there with you guys, timewise.

I guess I don't understand why people like it mission impossible because it seems like it wouldn't be any fun.

I mean for me I have a job that stresses me out. Other things going on do that to me to. I don't need a game for that.

When I play I want to enjoy what I play, have fun and let off some steam, you know what I mean?

If things were tossed in my lap I would stop playing out of boredom. That's why I like this game.

Besides it doesn't really bother me that people like it harder. I just like to understand them better. That's why I talk to people and ask questions. Sure these discussions bring some heat but they do allow us to learn and understand other view points. Which is a very good thing. :)

That would be cool to have. :)

I think the reason they stopped it was because people used torches at night to slow the zeds. It was a slight exploit of the mechanics.

If they could maybe have another rule for them in place to make it work where they still run at night regardless of light would be great.

I'd prefer running zeds in the dark vs the stupid (my opinion) glowing bullet sponges.

Pull an EA and pop up a time based paywall! Every 25 hours you play...BANG! another paywall...after all , 25 hours is a generous amount of gameplay in most game companies eyes , you might as well charge for it! ;)

I'd do it once it went Gold, but few people would even then. People want something for their money and there is a TON of DLC content and ideas you could make and sell.

Open world? Voxel? The only limit for this is mankinds imagination! :)

I think the reason they stopped it was because people used torches at night to slow the zeds. It was a slight exploit of the mechanics.

If they could maybe have another rule for them in place to make it work where they still run at night regardless of light would be great.

I'd prefer running zeds in the dark vs the stupid (my opinion) glowing bullet sponges.

Zeds should run unless in SUNlight. Torches shouldn't count, you can see them coming that's all. I agree - I'd rather them fast and dangerous rather than bullet sponges. Also more zombies but weaker.

TFP have plenty of Money, no need for pay as you go with this game.

From Steam:

With over 2.5 million copies sold on PC (digital download) 7 Days to Die has redefined the survival genre, with unrivaled crafting and world-building content. Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead, 7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. It presents combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth, in a way that has seen a rapturous response from fans worldwide. Play the definitive zombie survival sandbox RPG that came first. Navezgane awaits!

My Comment:

At $10 per game (just making an adverage) that's $25 Million in sales. (Just an observation) And this does not include console sales/distribution.

Just let the TFP finish what they are doing for Alpha 17. It will come soon. I bet they have not seen the sun or the outside for months, they should look like zombies by now.

I've got it... All the People that are involved in making this game should have a model of themselfs as zombies in the game. I just imagine Madmole roaming as a "Mole" zombie mole, and his keyboard in the background making sounds as he bites you. Give the TFP staff a personallity in the game as zombies. I think that would be cool and a great marketing angle and it personalized that game.

Has Roland been around? Playing -- er, Testing A17 I would guess. It must be hard testing, he probably needs help... Testing that is.

I could test A17 if everyone insists...

Take one for the team! That's some heroic behavior right there.

Take one for the team! That's some heroic behavior right there.

I know! I rarely get this heroic!

Truthfully, from my programmer's eyes, a good tester is an Obsessive-Compulsive, anally-retentive, perfectionist. It's unlikely I will ever be confused of any of that and it's why I made my best work only when there were great testers on the team.

Has Roland been around? Playing -- er, Testing A17 I would guess. It must be hard testing, he probably needs help... Testing that is.

I could test A17 if everyone insists...

That's a noble cause, but you shouldn't have to do it all on your own, I'll help!

A 17 has a lot of features to test, you know? ;)

Archived