Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

For _every_ zombie? I really hope not. As has been pointed out before it'll render sleepers hiding in the dark useless by rendering a HP bar above their head. I also like the idea of being uncertain whether the zombie you've just knocked down is truly dead. It takes more away from the game than it adds. :-/

"I'd rather be confused for 10 minutes than bored for 5 seconds"

- Russel T. Davies: Dr Who writer

I agree. But I think our feedback will only be taken into consideration after we have actual empiric evidence, i.e. after playing A17 for a while. I'm sure that directly after experimental is out there will be scenes of madness in this forum but even then it will be too early.

I agree. But I think our feedback will only be taken into consideration after we have actual empiric evidence, i.e. after playing A17 for a while. I'm sure that directly after experimental is out there will be scenes of madness in this forum but even then it will be too early.

Good point. We try it first then complain or agree. Getting interesed in how ppl will react on so much new stuff.

Its a futile effort. People have a date circled already on their calendar for unleashing the "but you PROMISED" posts lol

If I don't have A17 downloading on my calendar by the circled date, my computer automatically will post "but you PROMISED" to the forum.

Deliver the promised goods, or my blackmail goes live.

I'll even say it should be well before July 15th. As the rest of the world knows, the World Cup Soccer games start July 15th and everyone will be focused on that for a month. Except many Americans.

It would be almost funny if they did release it the last half of July, but it would be bad business.

Sorry friend but the World Cup ENDS July 15. It STARTS on June 14. Next week. So adjust your DVR....:crushed:

It has been talked about quite a bit but maybe you're referring to a specific video.

Modders are definitely excited about it because it offers a lot more tools to create effects.

I am hoping that includes mods with AC and Heating for structures :)

If rep could influence the devs we'd all be leaning around corners and leveled loot would've been discontinued years ago....

(and for my part, ziplines wouldn't be sitting on the trash heap right now...)

Leveled loot

Dumbest idea the devs EVER had, and trust me, they had some bad ones...

I just noticed today the awesome thumbnail art that was made for Joel's latest video. If you guys missed it you should check it out (you can see on pretty good on the blog link for the video). I am guessing that Joel made that himself. Not sure if anyone else pointed it out as I haven't been able to keep caught up with the forums lately.

For _every_ zombie? I really hope not. As has been pointed out before it'll render sleepers hiding in the dark useless by rendering a HP bar above their head. I also like the idea of being uncertain whether the zombie you've just knocked down is truly dead. It takes more away from the game than it adds. :-/

"I'd rather be confused for 10 minutes than bored for 5 seconds"

- Russel T. Davies: Dr Who writer

How about once you've hit a Zombie and engaged it in combat, you can see the HP bar but not until that pre-req has been fulfilled. Which, mind you, every website that bothers with 7 Days To Die is stating will be the way the HP bar is being handled.

Should you engage a new zombie, you will have to whack the old zombie again to see its HP bar.

That does not render sleepers hiding in the dark useless. You can't scan an area for zombies. You can't even see the HP bar of previously engaged (but later disengaged) Zeds HP bar.

Now, Ima tell you a not-so-secret secret. It's okay to not like something with the information you had, but once you are properly informed it is totally okay to have a change of opinion. It doesn't make you any less of a human!

I wouldn't like to scan an area for Zombies by HP bar, but I also knew from the get-go (because those websites relaying patch information) that it wouldn't be how it's done. So I do happen to like it :). You probably will too.

I just noticed today the awesome thumbnail art that was made for Joel's latest video. If you guys missed it you should check it out (you can see on pretty good on the blog link for the video). I am guessing that Joel made that himself. Not sure if anyone else pointed it out as I haven't been able to keep caught up with the forums lately.

I noticed it too, it's pretty cool.

He actually states in the youtube video description it's an 'unknown' artist and thanks them for it.

The repetition made me read that as dramatic music :-)

For future reference the minimum number of characters is four and "arse" gets past the profanity filter just fine.

Hah me too...

Though it sounded more like: "Dand dand dahhhh", in my head ;)

Huh? What? You lost me... Never was good at deciphering burns ;)

Wasn't a burn, I just need a car... Got any torrents?

Download a car? Like for a 3D printer?

I'd doubt the viability of that. =P

Pluuuuulease Gazz, let us do this ingame and change jeep skin ? :D

I noticed it too, it's pretty cool.

He actually states in the youtube video description it's an 'unknown' artist and thanks them for it.

Not sure if this is the original artist but I think it was the post that had the pic. I also think there is at least one other pic out there by same person.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84096-A17-Where-are-you&p=816011&viewfull=1#post816011

Some love for the night time immersion

Light range

In the last video Madmole showed us adding the new tress that you can see at a distance. I wanted to know if there are any plans to add lights at a distance?

Fore example: At night, I can see a lamp post and the light (if on). But if I get back form I can still see the lamp post but the light goes away.

If they found a way to do this with longer distances/distant rendering, and at a reasonably low performance hit that would be so awesome. Although I would probably get jumped and killed by zombies while admiring the skylines at night :biggrin1:

I can see the bug reports now... "yes, there's a red bar on my screen."

Archived