Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Fair enough. I wasn't even referring to a free standing door in the middle of nothing. I was more referring to something like placing a door in the middle of my wall then blocking the backside of the door with steel blocks and iron bar ceiling. Effectively, if the whole path to me isn't vetted for overall health and damage of the path, I can use doors to move a zombie through kill chambers. Least, that's the one thing that pops into my head. Throw some Iron/Wood blocks behind each door for stalling. Or, based on the way it sounds, perhaps concrete, wood, concrete starting from the bottom of my kill path floor. So the total concrete + wood block is overall lower health. Then door behind that to encourage pathing, and another concrete/wood/concrete path obstruction.

Where, simply turning to the right, and bashing through my full concrete wall that's only 1 block deep would be much easier and overall lower health to get to me.

The whole path to you is checked. Every block along the way. You want to attract zombies? An air block is the most enticing of all.

Post new in-game video using new Unity 2018 engine please That is all. :popcorn:

We could, but it looks exactly the same in 2018.

2018 gave us new editor and engine features, but it didn't magically make the game use them.

You are mostly correct. There is a bit of a hype train surrounding this. Its mostly a positioning move for A18 development. The good news is that they were able to switch over with minimal issues. For now the game is mostly going to be as if they kept it at Unity 2017.

Actually, I think this is a good way to describe Unity 2017 to 2018 upgrade:

Use Office for a year making some nice word docs. Now upgrade to shinny new Office 2018. Do your docs look better? No. Should be the same unless they broke something, but maybe you can export to a new file format or auto email to people or do whatever the new features do. Until you use those new features it really does not matter.

The Unity profiler is better. Good for us, but players don't care.

The editor inspector lets you zoom, pan and switch to 2d (viewing 3d model). Good for me, but players still don't care.

I recall the texture cruncher improved..."2017.3, can compress DXT textures up to 2.5 times faster, while providing about 10% better compression ratio". Good for us and the game might use a bit less memory.

Actually, I think this is a good way to describe Unity 2017 to 2018 upgrade:

Use Office for a year making some nice word docs. Now upgrade to shinny new Office 2018. Do your docs look better? No. Should be the same unless they broke something, but maybe you can export to a new file format or auto email to people or do whatever the new features do. Until you use those new features it really does not matter.

The Unity profiler is better. Good for us, but players don't care.

The editor inspector lets you zoom, pan and switch to 2d (viewing 3d model). Good for me, but players still don't care.

I recall the texture cruncher improved..."2017.3, can compress DXT textures up to 2.5 times faster, while providing about 10% better compression ratio". Good for us and the game might use a bit less memory.

Pft, It's still good for us the end user.

Better tools for the developers =

Possible quicker development.

or Better quality because the developer can spend more time on certain things or other areas.

or All the above :D

Anything that saves in any area all counts towards the end ;)

..And me and others care! :nerd::playful:

Yes there was a huge amount of ♥♥♥♥♥ images but still it was a great feature.

The are lady zombie nipples in the game, but "♥♥♥♥♥" gets blocked out on the forum?

The world is weird.

That is pretty much the same for now and we are at feature freeze for A17. Bugs need to be fixed and new features polished before I go changing (additional) stuff that works, so maybe A17+.

Feature freeze? Did you just say feature freeze? It's getting closer! :-)

Thank you very much. I always read the Forums for News on 7 Days. I just never post anything because my Questions have mostly already been answered.

I would like to thank TFP for this Game. I have buyed multiple Copies of 7DTD for my Friends hoping they will join me. But it seems I am pretty much alone. I like to make the Game extra hard. Highest Zombie Difficulty, 25% Loot, 30 Day Respawn, 64 Zs on Hordenight and so on. I know this is Off-Topic. But thank you again, my Pimps! Take all the Time you need. You are doing an awesome Job. Can't wait for A17! Cheers! <3

Highest difficulty? Why so hard? Seems like people would rage quit if they had those settings.

How would you find any loot with only 25%

What does your avatar's shirt say?

Sorry, sure its come up but when searching so many threads came up I could never find anything.

One sad little thing I'd love to see is, when you repair a equipped item, the item goes back to the equipped spot instead of the next available sport in inventory. I know, small, minor nothing thing..... Just something I'd love to see and hope its in A17

TIA

Nothing could ever be as bad as that LEGLESS zombie...jumping up into an air vent in that horrid excuse for a movie Day of the Dead remake...then again...the magical high jumping zombie with no legs...was no where near the worst part of that "movie"

we

are

feature LOCKED boyssss (and girls)

Somewhere in time between 25 and 55 days, I will be fighting through angry mobs of blood thirsty animals, hungry for my brains!

Then once I leave the airport I will go home and play A17. :)

Somewhere in time between 25 and 55 days, I will be fighting through angry mobs of blood thirsty animals, hungry for my brains!

Then once I leave the airport I will go home and play A17. :)

Ha! Nice!

That is pretty much the same for now and we are at feature freeze for A17. Bugs need to be fixed and new features polished before I go changing (additional) stuff that works, so maybe A17+.

Will there be an increased number of zombies spawning in the world and will the breadcrumbs system be introduced in a17?

So AI survivors, raiders, and traveling traders will have to wait for another Alpha build AKA Alpha 18/Beta 1?

Guest Rassilon
So AI survivors, raiders, and traveling traders will have to wait for another Alpha build AKA Alpha 18/Beta 1?

Wouldnt be so sure, Roland often hinted that they are working on a few suprise Features that would make us happy.

Guest Rassilon
The last surprise feature was sticky arrows. So I'm pretty sure something so big as NPC's will not be in.. ;)

True, that was a let down ( measering the Hype that was made ) but he recently stated that Mr. Madmole was working on something secret.

Archived