Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Imagine you kill a Stag and as you walk over slowly it starts to turn into a Zombie, gets up and starts to attack you.

So you need to get to your kill ASAP before it goes bad in an evil way.

Oh man. I would starve...

Might be better if this happens if the zombie kills it and stays in the area till player comes back latter.

-Buff Overhaul

+Replacing old buff system with a more robust and optimized framework, designed to work with items and progression with events that can proc during a buff's lifetime.

- Progression Overhaul

+Replacing old skill system with a more robust and optimized framework, also designed to work with items and buffs.

So Roland, сould you give more information about this, particularly:

- what is new buff system and new skill system?

- how the new buff system will work with items and progression with events?

- how the new skill system will work with items and buffs?

Thank you in advance.

So Roland, сould you give more information about this, particularly:

- what is new buff system and new skill system?

- how the new buff system will work with items and progression with events?

- how the new skill system will work with items and buffs?

Thank you in advance.

+1^^

>.> I would like to know as well but can we get the ppl who are working on it to explain it when they are ready? Unless MM wants to be the one to present it all that is.

*le poof*

To avoid getting TOO technical. Basically items no longer use Attributes like they used to. They are now called passive effects. These effects were in turn expanded to allow usage in buffs and player progression.

These values are now housed inside min_effects which allows custom var tracking (per entity, not global). With that ALL min event entries also contain event triggers when various things happen in the game engine such as doing damage to an entity or taking damage. For each of these events there are many actions that can be performed such as changing a custom variable value, stopping/starting sounds, screen effects, move speed, jump ability, skill level adjustments and much more.

On items, the passives and triggers only fire if worn or held to keep things from going crazy.

So now we can have cooler effects and much more granular buffs all with much better performance and nearly 0 garbage collection out of these systems.

This sounds amazing!

*le poof*

To avoid getting TOO technical. Basically items no longer use Attributes like they used to. They are now called passive effects. These effects were in turn expanded to allow usage in buffs and player progression.

These values are now housed inside min_effects which allows custom var tracking (per entity, not global). With that ALL min event entries also contain event triggers when various things happen in the game engine such as doing damage to an entity or taking damage. For each of these events there are many actions that can be performed such as changing a custom variable value, stopping/starting sounds, screen effects, move speed, jump ability, skill level adjustments and much more.

On items, the passives and triggers only fire if worn or held to keep things from going crazy.

So now we can have cooler effects and much more granular buffs all with much better performance and nearly 0 garbage collection out of these systems.

I don't want to spoil too much. Let's just say these newly redesigned systems are going to allow us to do much much more to affect the player, both good and bad. :D

Let me express the feelings of all modders

smilie-gross_338.gif

*le poof*

I don't want to spoil too much. Let's just say these newly redesigned systems are going to allow us to do much much more to affect the player, both good and bad. :D

thank you so much for shining a light. you are da man

*le poof*

Do I smell better performance and optimization from an Alpha? *sniff sniff* Sure does smell like it. Keep up the good work Pimps. Keep pimpin.

*le poof*

On items, the passives and triggers ->only fire if worn<- or held to keep things from going crazy.

Yus! And so it begins!:grouphug::bounce:

edit: and everything else is awesome as well >.>

By the way , can you please make it possible to make a quest that target the next Block of a ID ?

Means it would be possible to give the task "Find next "Rare Medicine Box" block".

So it would be possible to add a Dozend special crates to different Poi´s and set them as target for a Quest.

Like "Hello comrade, we run out of Medical Equipment, can you gather a "Rare Medicine Box" for us ?"

and it would be nice to have

<requirement type="Free Slots" value="5" />

This way it would be easyer to add Questreward items

and a buff (or something else that can be used as trigger for a quest if the player is at tradercounter)

"Next to trader"

Work on my mod and it is actuall a hassle.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76753-Royals-Vanilla-Mod

*le poof*

Awesome news! Can't wait to see what you guys put together.

I take it AND works now? :D

Are we going to get a Recipe for making Brass in the future? I also had an idea for more ammo recipes for items already in the game.

I am talking about the Blunder Bust & having different ammo types like Arrow's do.

Instead of Scrapping Lead Weights we can make B/B Ammo.

Broken Glass B/B Ammo for more of a Bleeding Buff.

Explosive Pellets for the B/B or Flammable like a Molotov or Burning Buff

Last but not least a Brass Shot & we should be able to combine items in the Work Bench & make a Multi Shot.

For the Sniper Rifle I would like to suggest something that can not be Crafted but found & VERY RARE. I am talking a Starlight Scope only found at Military Bases, Bunkers & Soldiers, has to be very Rare.

So is this one of those benefits to the new version of Unity or is this a decision made independent of Unity's version?

Independent decision, has nothing to do with Unity's version. This has been planned for a while, I was simply busy with other systems (and planning/designing) prior to now.

Thank you for the update, i have no idea what you said but you have some known players here very happy so that can only be a good thing i guess lol. :)

*le poof*

He grazes us!!!

This sounds truly amazing, much more than I dared hope for :D.

I wonder how much will be governed through xml...

Thanks for the update Kinyajuu!

Looking forward to the A17 exp.

Independent decision, has nothing to do with Unity's version. This has been planned for a while, I was simply busy with other systems (and planning/designing) prior to now.

you opened the door to never-ending questions... best run while you can or you'll never be seen at work again, better yet, what's your wife gonna say when you are being held ransomed to answer them all? :)

Just always park the bike on a flat surface - player made or poi - and be sure it is not having a seizure. I notice that in some layers of stone underground the bike kinda "sink" (you can see the wheels are inside the stone, not on the stone). Its 100% of the time in this layer that will happen bad stuff - the bike will go to the surface or worst. Same with the player on those layers (you get ejected to the surface on loading, and its not because of the two high ceiling, I had a twenty high ceiling in the area). Never happen again after I put concrete on the ground.

Are player made bricks not flat? cause that's what it vanished off of......

*le poof*

so will all items have an owner id? that is I want to know who owns the 25 wood blocks that were just placed.

Archived