Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Will we be seeing anything about Vehicle Mods (not attachments)? Like letting players create their own vehicles.

You mean like vehicle Blocks you can assemble to a vehicle ?

I doubt it. Vehicle Diversity is no aim or core element of the game. And it would eat over 100 of our scarce Block ID´s.

But sure , it would be nice

You mean like vehicle Blocks you can assemble to a vehicle ?

I doubt it. Vehicle Diversity is no aim or core element of the game. And it would eat over 100 of our scarce Block ID´s.

But sure , it would be nice

Well actually if TFP do what they gonna do. The block ids will be no more or to that effect from what MM was saying

The larger servers will just lag with all these vehicles being driven at once or even on the map. #8PlayerOptimization #ButWhoCaresAboutTheLargeServers

It's not about not caring for the larger servers. They built the game (so far) within the limits that they have. Have you ever tried building a voxel game to support 8+ players where every block is interactive and changeable?

You might find once they reach beta phase/optimisations that they find the extra bang they needed for higher population servers but till then.. yeah this game is meant for 8 players.

Happy PostThanksgiving - who knew that what we celebrate is nothing like what really happened!?!

Do we have any more info/insight into what the Buff overhaul will look like? are we talking World of Warcraft stuff? you mentioned proct type buff so I am thinking WoW?

Is "proct" short for Proctoligist? I don't want a proctology buff. What is that, anyway? You get the buff and have to walk around all bow legged and slow?

And don't get me started on the Proctology skill tree...

Wiser words have never been spoken...

The greatest would be:

"No matter where you go, there you are." -Credited by three famous people. (Yogi Berra, Confucius and Bukaroo Banzi) So I take credit too! :)

Its also like Yogi Berra's: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it!"

Over zealous production of vehicles is probably a waste of time. Multiple ways to get stuck on a cinder block or the edge of a burn pile without the ability to mow down zeds doesn't seem like the best idea.

Would still like to see a digging zed. If yall can't fix the pathing, make the zeds .. scarier..

Behemoth was over the top. Could have a sapping zed, or a suicide explody zed.

Make these 100x100 base building putzes fear something.

As it is, I can make a 5x5 on day one and never worry.

You sir, would love Settler's mod.

If you do that the players avatar would never turn to face the enemy.

You can never eliminate foot-sliding, even with mecanim, not without serious amounts of work. You can minimize it until it becomes barely noticeable though. I think the standard method of dealing with turning-in-place is to have the upper-body of the avatar able to turn 45 degrees left or right. The position of the feet aren't changed until then and a suitable animation is played as the player turns further.

As you say, it's work in progress and I have little doubt the system will be far more refined by the time we get our hands on it.

It turns only when you lock the aim holding the mouse button - maybe I'm comfortable to this "detached camera" system since all the Elders Scroll and some Fallout follow this rule. Never was a problem aim in 3rd person, but preferably you fight in first person, mostly because the design is focused in that - so as 7DTD (third person is a bonus view, not the main way to fight a horde). But I see your point.

Is "proct" short for Proctoligist? I don't want a proctology buff. What is that, anyway? You get the buff and have to walk around all bow legged and slow?

And don't get me started on the Proctology skill tree...

Puts a whole new spin on Ouch's cough...

Disturbed does a great cover on it as well

It's one of the few covers that I think I like better than the original. It's a close call, anyway.

The other better-than-the-original is Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt." The Logan trailers used it to great effect.

Edit: I also like Iron and Wine's version of "Such Great Heights" better than the Postal Service's original (though I really like the original too).

It's one of the few covers that I think I like better than the original. It's a close call, anyway.

The other better-than-the-original is Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt." The Logan trailers used it to great effect.

Edit: I also like Iron and Wine's version of "Such Great Heights" better than the Postal Service's original (though I really like the original too).

Disturbed version of Sounds of Silence is good...Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is completely and totally better then the original version for sure , in Southern California when it came out the female DJ on KROQ would cry when people requested it lol . There are a couple other covers that are better then the original...Human Waste Projects version of the GoGo's This town , Within Temptations version of Radioactive is far better then the horrible Imagine Dragons...a few others here and there...

Are you going to fix minibikes in the next release, and please say the new vehicles won't suffer from the fall under ground bug ..

There is a new vehicle system. Old bugs are gone. Our job will be to look for the new ones.

Here is a video, for those who have no idea.

Are you going to fix minibikes in the next release, and please say the new vehicles won't suffer from the fall under ground bug ..

You should watch the videos posted in the very first post of this thread lots of good information there regarding what you seek.

Edit: and what he said ^^^^

Archived