Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I really hope they do not turn 7dtd into an arcade type of game. I like the "realism" and that is what drew me to this game. Shooting ammo that uses health is just unreal. Or leg armor that makes you able jump to the top of a building is unreal. I like buffs in the sense that they are "realistic".

This is not World of Warcraft and I hope that it doesn't tote that line. This is just my opinion, as I am just a player not a designer or a developer.

Let the modders minds free. Creativity is a great assert and the ability to be able to is a privilege. Great stuff will be done with the new buff system..... however I doubt the vanilla would allow the stuff you don't want....

I really hope they do not turn 7dtd into an arcade type of game. I like the "realism" and that is what drew me to this game. Shooting ammo that uses health is just unreal. Or leg armor that makes you able jump to the top of a building is unreal. I like buffs in the sense that they are "realistic".

The crazy effects are what mods are for. =P

Think "heavy boots that make you sprain/break your legs less often".

That sounds awesome!

-A gun that doesn't use bullets, it draws from your health or hunger and does damage to the target.

-A Perk that adds to combat skills but subtracts from technical skills.

-Leg armor that lets you move much faster but halves your hit points.

Not sure if a gun can fire completely without ammo. Other than that - yeah.

Perk = Skill = Buff = Item

as far as effects or conditions go.

What actual effects and conditions there are... that's a very long list and there are new ones.

And I'm not telling.

Vanilla, sure, but i wouldn't mind if someone made World of Warcraft mod for the game.

I'd be mage. Freeze zombies, escape by blinking on a rooftop, conjure food and drink, teleport back to base, use ice block to cool myself in the desert and fireball to warm up in winter biome - loads of fun.

Too soon. Changes (often a rewrite) to all buffs and usable items take time and even then there will be lots of new bugs and whacky stats that need to be fixed.

Kinyaa only scratched the surface. The details will have modders reeling for a while. ;)

The big deal is that the same features/actions work on both buffs and items and everything you could do with an item or buff should be possible with either.

You want that club to directly +1 a variable or reduce your own health every swing? Sure. No trigger buff required for that.

Want a condition that a rifle can not be RMB aimed when enemies are within 2m? No problem.

It's all the same system, same syntax.

Some meh old systems get reworked to add to the gameplay instead of "just being there".

But wait! There's mo

Hehe Just excited with the plethora of potential possibilities this will bring :)

mo is good! mo is life! ;)

The crazy effects are what mods are for. =P

Think "heavy boots that make you sprain/break your legs less often".

Not sure if a gun can fire completely without ammo. Other than that - yeah.

Perk = Skill = Buff = Item

as far as effects or conditions go.

What actual effects and conditions there are... that's a very long list and there are new ones.

And I'm not telling.

If you want more Perk/Skill/Buff/Items then I bet most everyone would like to help.

For example: If stone axe crafted by Aldranon then super "Odin-Zeus-Silver Surfer" powers activate! Thor and Hulk powers if holding wooden bow crafted by Aldranon.

Its all about balance. :)

Too soon. Changes (often a rewrite) to all buffs and usable items take time and even then there will be lots of new bugs and whacky stats that need to be fixed.

Kinyaa only scratched the surface. The details will have modders reeling for a while. ;)

The big deal is that the same features/actions work on both buffs and items and everything you could do with an item or buff should be possible with either.

You want that club to directly +1 a variable or reduce your own health every swing? Sure. No trigger buff required for that.

Want a condition that a rifle can not be RMB aimed when enemies are within 2m? No problem.

Some meh old systems get reworked to add to the gameplay instead of "just being there".

But wait! There's mo

Sooo...im glad the game is being reworked ...again

But from what I am gathering..it doesn't seem to be adding anything for late level gameplay.

I mean the Behemoth before being removed was supposed to add to that late game play...although I wasn't all that big of a fan....it would of given us something to do after all your gear was purple 600 and your base was all reinforced concrete or steel.

To me that is the biggest problem in game...you just hit that wall and have to restart. There isnt anything to challenge you after a certain level .

So what if any.. does A17 give us, to break through that wall...im sure it will be the

"Best iteration of the game to date."

And to all the people that will say...dont build a big base....I dont..i build several small ones.

Don't use certain guns...i dont...mostly use a bow

Etc....

I try to stretch out the "end game" as long as possible ...but you still eventually hit that proverbial wall.

Ouch

PS ..the new information forum post trial...blows. I like the old way better...at least we got info and can discuss our likes and dislikes.....forums are boring now

IMO

Ouch

Sooo...im glad the game is being reworked ...again

But from what I am gathering..it doesn't seem to be adding anything for late level gameplay.

I mean the Behemoth before being removed was supposed to add to that late game play...although I wasn't all that big of a fan....it would of given us something to do after all your gear was purple 600 and your base was all reinforced concrete or steel.

To me that is the biggest problem in game...you just hit that wall and have to restart. There isnt anything to challenge you after a certain level .

So what if any.. does A17 give us, to break through that wall...im sure it will be the

"Best iteration of the game to date."

And to all the people that will say...dont build a big base....I dont..i build several small ones.

Don't use certain guns...i dont...mostly use a bow

Etc....

I try to stretch out the "end game" as long as possible ...but you still eventually hit that proverbial wall.

Ouch

PS ..the new information forum post trial...blows. I like the old way better...at least we got info and can discuss our likes and dislikes.....forums are boring now

IMO

Ouch

i know what youre saying and fully understand... but the behemoth ziplined away away remember? :)

But wait! There's mo

So this thread got a lot more interesting while I was away. :D

So what are the chances of including an XML modifiable "random loot generator" in some future version? Meaning a bit of code driven by XML settings (so we can limit/expand it as we see fit) that can randomly create a unique item that gets placed in the world. Especially useful if it can use world settings like current biome, player level, game day, container it's going into, that sort of thing, so we can base loot on all kinds of factors.

Guppycur might freak out about that but I like the idea. :p

i know what youre saying and fully understand... but the behemoth ziplined away away remember? :)

Fully understand that Joe....wasnt a fan of either...although zipl8nes ..small ones would be fun.

I like the idea of more or harder(breacher) zombies. Something to extend the game a bit farther...especially in late game.

Regards

OUCH

That's a pretty cool brainstorm session they had going. I see that I'm not the only one who enjoys balanced gameplay.

I am with you but I only speak of the vanilla gameplay. Like others have stated, let the modders run free. I am not for taking the ability to do what they want from anybody. Just leave my flavor vanilla like my ice cream. Balanced and not over the top.

can we see a system to assist with recovery of stamina like ability to sit or lie down or maybe even sleep to recover HP?

Stamina already regenerates faster if you crouch. You'll often find me crouched behind a tree or rock to accelerate stamina recovery while collecting resources.

Archived