Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Had to believe but I finally used the new Forge with the new timer & I don't like it. It is just a 5 second count down per item smelted (Depends on item smelted) so we still have to do math to play a video game.

Why can not we just have total minutes like everything else in the game. If you put in 500 Iron Ore you should get a total smelting time in minutes like everything else in the game.

We did not ask for a Smelting Stop Watch, we wanted a Smelting Timer in total smelting time for what ever you put in.

I don't know, I kind of like the 1 wood smelts 10 resources thing. Pretty easy to figure things out without a calculator.

So with 50 minute days you can smelt 50x60 /5= 600 resources per day per slot. So 3000 iron, stone or clay output per slot per day. Using full stack of resources you put in 600 wood and can walk away for 10 days even. See the pattern there?

With that info you can make plans for any project and know how many forges your team will need.

LOL!

Because no one ever throws something in the forge that has a different melt time than 5 seconds, or has different items and quantities in each melt slot.

Spacepiggio, just take the easy way out and skip the planning - toss in a stack of wood and be done with it. Kind of like just slurping down food and drink in the morning to never have to worry about your food and drink consumption for the day.

-A

Spacepiggio, just take the easy way out and skip the planning - toss in a stack of wood and be done with it. Kind of like just slurping down food and drink in the morning to never have to worry about your food and drink consumption for the day.

Actually you should just carry a bag of chocolate bars around so you can refill the empty slot as needed.

That may not be good for you but it sure would for the chocolate bar industry!

Character animations? It’s huge in terms of immersion, especially in multiplayer. Currently the game feels like half life 1 when you are watching your friends running around. Currently character models don’t even look up or down and move like robots.

Also if they start adding things like jumping up and grabbing ledges, jumping over walls and new attack moves this paves the way for them.

Also PVP will benefit hugely as we can actually see where enemies are looking.

Out of curiosity what kind of improvements does this produce for us if any?

Game Engine update to Unity 2017

Doesn't always mean an improvement for us but sometimes more for the developer. OFC in general it usually does give use a bit of a bump in performance as well. Just saying sometimes it's more of a QoL improvement for the developers in making their job easier not always for the ppl who are using the end results the developers made it on.

Heh we may not even see that bump either with the stuff they're adding by the time we get it. Any performance increase it may have brought may be used up by those additions.

..But I would also like to know what It 'may' bring to the players as well.

You are indeed unlucky if you scavenge enough there are ample amounts of brass in the game.

"Ample" is a matter of perspective. It's definitely not enough to feed my 12 auto turrets through a horde night.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point, you can't smelt dukes for brass, but you can trade them for bullets. Secret stash make hundreds of ammunition available, and with scavenging maxed out (after loot the world, right?) money will not be a problem, making brass useless this late in game. Some garage doors makes more ammunition than all the brass you can get in one city...

Again, that's a matter of perspective. Going through 13 traders each restock isn't enough to keep my 12 auto turrets fed through horde night.

Feautures and New Objects that i hope they release in Alpha 17

Cooking

- Several new food and drink recipes with a revamped cooking system

- New Cooking Perks

- Animal Farming and Breeding feature

Electricity

- Electrical Sulvelience Monitor

- Electric Doors

- Electric Drawbridge and Gates

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Factory Machinery for producing materials

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

- 3 Tiers of Forge which can be upgraded (Standard Forge, Heavy Forge and Furnace)

Cooking

- New Cooking Perks

Electricity

- Electric Doors

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

- 3 Tiers of Forge which can be upgraded (Standard Forge, Heavy Forge and Furnace)

that idée is awesome dude O_O

"Ample" is a matter of perspective. It's definitely not enough to feed my 12 auto turrets through a horde night.

You could ya know not depend on auto turrets... personally i think they should compliment your firepower on horde nights not do all the work for you but that's just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't always mean an improvement for us but sometimes more for the developer. OFC in general it usually does give use a bit of a bump in performance as well. Just saying sometimes it's more of a QoL improvement for the developers in making their job easier not always for the ppl who are using the end results the developers made it on.

Heh we may not even see that bump either with the stuff they're adding by the time we get it. Any performance increase it may have brought may be used up by those additions.

..But I would also like to know what It 'may' bring to the players as well.

Thanks for the reply Tin maybe we will get an answer now it has been questioned :)

Cooking

- New Cooking Perks

Electricity

- Electric Doors

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

Even if i were to wish for one of these it would have to be the forge ones, it would be amazing to have different levels of forges that you could make, maybe it would speed up how fast something smelts based on level of forge.

Archived