Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I get it I really do. But this still doesn't solve the part where we don't want to see that at all no matter how small it is lol. Just like those that do want to see the stuff are good with seeing anything as long as they want to see it. I personally and seems a few that have posted anyway don't have the problem with he pop up notifications. I can't speak for them but I have never opened my menu to see where I was on this. I just know when the last time I ate and can see the pop ups as they come. Before I leave base I eat and know I'm good to go for X amount of time. As that time goes I see the pop ups and I don't and never have worried about dieing. So I don't need something on screen 24/7 telling me. But this is me and how I like it and don't expect everyone to be the same. So again options 😁

Yes but what is more immersion breaking. The large Pop ups we have or let the minbars blink 1-3 Times each time they cross a important border. And maybe more if they hit critical Values.

I personally prefer only Hp, Stamina, Temperature too (with decent temperature management i can plan my food/water)

But such small bars are nothing i would percive as "Clutter" on my screen

I say options too, but if we speak about optimizing the Hud my suggestion is

With the same style but as 5 small Bars for the 5 main values the player would be aware of in reality

(hope a repost a dozend pages later disturb nobody)

Nice idea but it would take awhile for new people to catch up on.

Could you reload the image of the bars with indicators so we know what bar represents what please?

Just so we can see what's what.

Thanks.

My only fear with returning the bars is that they might decide to remove the sound effects and that would wreck invisible HUD play. As long as they keep the audio cues in I’m happy to use a mod that removes the bars

Ohh i personally would Love to get rid of the anoying sounds.

(Have a old ill mom here that moan all day, and a sister that moan after her "hard" work and my self who moan because of my illness.)

Really no need to have a game that tune in that orchestra

But yes because of player like you who want minimalistic Huds i am all in that this should be a option. (maybe a own Audio slider)

It really isn't about clutter in my view anyway and it isn't about what way is more immersion breaking because if you think about they both could be equally the same in some eyes. For me knowing all the time takes away the experience a little I guess you could say. Not really sure how to explain it lol but I just prefer the way it is because it works for me. I'm saying me because I'm not going to speak for others. I'm sure they have their reasons that might be a little different. If I can think about how to explain it it then I will explain. But I worked last night and my mind is a bit tired lol.

I just also can see and understand the ones that do like it and not bashing on it because they do. I'm fine with that if that is what one likes. Just seems silly to me that something this small doesn't have options and has to rely on a mod one way or the other on or off. I'm happy to mod it off if they add it back but the main reason I keep saying options for this specific thing is because I do play the ps4 version as well and I can't mod when I play on it 😁

Nice idea but it would take awhile for new people to catch up on.

Could you reload the image of the bars with indicators so we know what bar represents what please?

Just so we can see what's what.

Thanks.

Red = Hp

Brown = Food

Blue to red (The big one in the middle)= temperature of the area (or maybe both one moving dot for area and a other colored/shaped dot for Player Coretemp)

And the both blues = one for water and one for stamina. There it is a pure design decision what is what. i would prefer the Stamina next to the HP bar at the left side

8D4010D232547EE01D092EF5A9E4F4AE56359663

With A17 we hopefully get a new Questsystem, that maybe allows to blend in Pictures.

So at gamestart there could be a picture that explain what Hud Element is what.

Yeah the audio cues help alot, many times I'm playing with one of my friends and I hear the stomach gurgling that someone is hungry and 9 out of 10 times it's 1 specific person who has the sound turned waaaay down. Not surprisingly, he's also the one that gets hit by "stealth" zombies", go figure.... :D

So weird that different people keep suggesting it as a viable option. Even Gazz called it a solution.

How about you fix it so it is a solution Gazz? That would be sweet.

Why do you want to interact with the world at all ? Is it not a much better challenge if you cant ?

Maybe you play a mine victim without arms ? ^^

-------------------------

Btw, i finished Punisher. Good TV Show, a bit to less Blood for my imagination of a Punisher series.

Its on Netflix since 17.November

Red = Hp

Brown = Food

Blue to red (The big one in the middle)= temperature of the area (or maybe both one moving dot for area and a other colored/shaped dot for Player Coretemp)

And the both blues = one for water and one for stamina. There it is a pure design decision what is what. i would prefer the Stamina next to the HP bar at the left side

8D4010D232547EE01D092EF5A9E4F4AE56359663

With A17 we hopefully get a new Questsystem, that maybe allows to blend in Pictures.

So at gamestart there could be a picture that explain what Hud Element is what.

Nice! May I make a few suggestions?

Stamina to green so it won't get mixed with temperature.

Water from dark blue to Light blue.

Food to yellow so it shows up more.

Also you may want to consider placing health and stamina on the bottom, divided by black line. While using sides for food and water.

Then you can use the whole top for temperature. So that temperature does not get confused with the others indicators.

I've used steel in like 7.62 mm, but sometimes they can be duds. Maybe a drawback to them?

I bet the two main reasons that bullet cartridges are made from brass are:

1. Does not corrode.

2. Brass does not spark. meaning it is far less likely to go off by accident.

Just in case you were wondering.

I bet the two main reasons that bullet cartridges are made from brass are:

1. Does not corrode.

2. Brass does not spark. meaning it is far less likely to go off by accident.

Just in case you were wondering.

Softer material = Less degradation

and if i am right it can transport heat better

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! May I make a few suggestions?

Stamina to green so it won't get mixed with temperature.

Water from dark blue to Light blue.

Food to yellow so it shows up more.

Also you may want to consider placing health and stamina on the bottom, divided by black line. While using sides for food and water.

Then you can use the whole top for temperature. So that temperature does not get confused with the others indicators.

Sounds good too. My aim for the moment was only to show that this new kind of bar allow easy to show all 5 Values without cluttering the screen. The colors are finetuning in my point of view.

Dependent on how it looks if implemented maybe they make more or less all bars Grey.

But we do get pop ups on food and water as well and when low enough it stays on screen. I get not everyone feels the same and I'm not knocking on anyones play style. This is why I think options for hud should be added in vanilla in my opinion anyway. That way I can play the way it is with others that liken the way it is and then those that like to see that stuff 24/7 can do so as well. This is just one of those things that people have very different opinions on that nothing is going to change for either side obviously. This subject doesn't seem to be a majority it seems to be split 50/50 so I say options lol

Yeah I know, that's the same with the experience bar. It just seems useless to be hiding what isn't really important information (such as the levelling up) over more important information (in my opinion) of hunger and thirst.

And yeah, it seems we are in agreement with the options thing :)

Hey Royal if you see this, suggestion for you mate. The sort of mustard coloured bar, stamina? Have that run along the bottom of the boxes then you dont have people with OCD judo chopping their monitors in half with that wonky stamina bit at the end =P

Edit* I read sillls contribution and that's right, food too. Damn...

I would really appreciate the little encircled icons in the lower left just running along the screen low enough as not to interfere with anything.

No bars needed, only the circular depletion from 12 o clock to 12 o clock as I mentioned previously. Like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EngYEi3OhbU/maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry I cant add pictures -.-"

Why do we not have wheat or other grains?

MadMole said down the line we will have other foods. But as of now, we are stuck with what we've got. With forges, or functional ovens your suggestion would be very nice, the option to bake bread, not only corn bread but perhaps a food you can consume two or 3 times, not just eat the entire thing at once.

MadMole said down the line we will have other foods. But as of now, we are stuck with what we've got. With forges, or functional ovens your suggestion would be very nice, the option to bake bread, not only corn bread but perhaps a food you can consume two or 3 times, not just eat the entire thing at once.

that is what I am thinking, also opens up options for beer.

that is what I am thinking, also opens up options for beer.

We can brew beer, you need the book to grow hops then you can make your own beer.

The only other grain alcohol in the game is actually called grain alcohol, but it seems drinking a lot of that depletes wellness (im not surprised :p) and that is from the medi nurse zombie (as well as lootable from med sources.)

I would love to have a nice wide range of other foods. Its funny you mention drinks, because one thing we should absolutely be able to make is blueberry juice.

The Pimps have a lot of possibilities and options available to them based on what's already in game. Perhaps another crop that we could grow could be rice. That rice could even be used to tame chickens, which as well as being able to be eaten as a complement to the rice, could also produce the eggs we need for bread and blueberry pie.

That even leads on from taming to reproducing a small coup of chickens to operate as a food source, as well as a source of feathers for arrow ammunition.

You see, we can get a long way from a simple idea :D

Edit: One more thought ould be bottles of booze from those grains of yours that could be used to douse zombies. Then fire arrow them and combust them.

In my opinion the current damage and burn time from the molotovs is pretty pitiful. Your home grown could remedy that and even add some ever so slightly more creative kills xD

I've used steel in like 7.62 mm, but sometimes they can be duds. Maybe a drawback to them?

Steel is bad for your weapon, it's too strong. Brass is softer, therefor less wear on your weapon.

So, I support steel casings. It would explain why our weapons need repairing so often. :)

Archived