Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It is original made ( or existed before ) for the movie 28 days later. It have its own copyrights, pimps moved on and made their original soundtrack, the one we listen now. Part of the industry I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

No but it was very similar and WAY superior

Too similar, thank you for pointing the right one.

I've given my statement on this several times already. Click on my name and go look at my last several recent posts if you want to read my answer to this. If you haven't heard me or understood my point of view by now it just isn't worth it to repeat myself. We can agree to disagree. We see it differently and that is all there is to it. Probably stems from this....

I admit, i didn't read more then the post i answered to. It was all the time i had at the moment. I will do that now.

Let me rephrase. Why are we talking about the HUD rather than the "Power moves for melee combat", the "Weapon Overhaul", and the "Replace gun parts with attachable modifications"? Was this even talked about recently? I just noticed they were added on to the list but I cannot find any mention of them.

Yes, lets talk about that!

Technically i have been waiting for years for a melee combat update by now. And technically, getting another move means we now will have twice as many options with our melee weapons.

I still really hope we get some sort of bash, block or kick as well. And it would be really cool if power moves had different effects for bade and blunt weapons.

I've come around to Roland's point of view on the food/water thing. IRL, I might eat when I'm hungry, but for the most part there are times in the day when I go and eat something. Now, some people, like my wife, will go crazy with hunger if they go much longer without eating, but I can easily skip a meal if I'm distracted.

Thus I decided to add breakfast and dinner to my 7D2D's character schedule, and be done with it. Eat until full, drink until full, and don't bother min-maxing times/percentage of food/drink intake. And it's been a relief! No more constant tracking of some stupid percentages, and the routine makes it harder to forget eating/drinking.

Now, I wouldn't mind a discreet constant indicator on screen, such as the color bars some people have made mock ups of. It wouldn't break immersion for me.

Heat/cold, on the other hand, I'd really like on screen. I'm never not aware of whether I'm hot or cold IRL. It bothers the hell out of me, and it bothers me a lot in the game as well. :) Warnings when the temps are around 40F? Hell, if the temp goes below 72 or above 75, I'm instantly aware of it! Still, it should be a discreet color thing, such as blue to green to red dot, instead of a number or a gauge.

And, yeah, I realize people might have other experience towards hunger, thirst or temperature. That's why I'm fine with a discreet indicator. The fact that the game let my character face temperatures that would have made me very uncomfortable without a sign *breaks* immersion, so I assume the same would be true for thirst/hunger for other people.

It increases immersion for me because I do not not have such indicators hovering in front of my face in real life so removing them from being in front of my face in the game makes it come a bit closer to feeling like real life and the fewer indicators on the screen the more the immersive feeling when viewing the world.

But that's just me. If seeing status bars and digital clocks and hotbar inventory slots and upgrade and downgrade arrows and stealth eyeballs don't act as constant reminders that you are playing a video game then good for you. I'm not saying I ever forget I'm playing a video game but the the experience feels more lifelike when those displays are invisible. For me.

Have you tried using f7, that's incredibly immersive!

Maybe I should try F7 again. The last time I tried it you couldn’t interact with things like your hotbar or containers. All F7 was good for was running around or taking pictures.

I play with an invisible HUD mod that is exactly like F7 except that you can actually play the game. But maybe it’s changed since then.

Maybe I should try F7 again. The last time I tried it you couldn’t interact with things like your hotbar or containers. All F7 was good for was running around or taking pictures.

I play with an invisible HUD mod that is exactly like F7 except that you can actually play the game. But maybe it’s changed since then.

No need to try F7. You still can't interact with anything.

If I hit F7 and then turn my computer off I can no longer see the HUD but it makes the game unplayable. Once I turn on my computer and restart the game I can play again but the HUD is back. Is this a glitch? Should I post in bug section?

C'mon, that has to make some of you at least smirk... :D

If I hit F7 and then turn my computer off I can no longer see the HUD but it makes the game unplayable. Once I turn on my computer and restart the game I can play again but the HUD is back. Is this a glitch? Should I post in bug section?

C'mon, that has to make some of you at least smirk... :D

I'm sorry but you modded your game from default so no bug reports please.. :caked:

IMO, the XP bar is 100% useless on the main HUD. Using that space for a stat display without numbers or icons is apparently okay so instead use the same space for hunger / thirst bars in the same fashion. =)

Again, very well said. It is an absolutely needless addition, I have no idea who on earth would want that. Of all the things I have checked in this game, the last thing is the experience bar.

And you know that if, for example, you are level X, if you need to be level Y in order to unlock something like tool smithing level Z then you just wait for that level. There are popups, there is no need for constant checking, unlike food and drink which does require monitoring.

And again, where is the compromise, why are we seeing black and white and not gray? Just have the option to display it or not, along with some snazzy survival indicators perhaps? xD

Also, Gazz's suggestion just like the pic with the deer and the rainbow thirst, temp, hunger bar, isnt a completely bad idea.

There are more visually stimulating things, but hey a suggestion is a suggestion, and you don't need to start with a wheel.

Any estimated date to the alpha release?

A17 ?

Between this christmas as a very small update (for <1%) next year summer (80%) or next year Christmas as a huge one that maybe is the last alpha and marks the start of beta.

Only my guess

It would be so nice to get (only) the bike as a christmas present !

Again, very well said. It is an absolutely needless addition, I have no idea who on earth would want that. Of all the things I have checked in this game, the last thing is the experience bar.

And you know that if, for example, you are level X, if you need to be level Y in order to unlock something like tool smithing level Z then you just wait for that level. There are popups, there is no need for constant checking, unlike food and drink which does require monitoring.

And again, where is the compromise, why are we seeing black and white and not gray? Just have the option to display it or not, along with some snazzy survival indicators perhaps? xD

Also, Gazz's suggestion just like the pic with the deer and the rainbow thirst, temp, hunger bar, isnt a completely bad idea.

There are more visually stimulating things, but hey a suggestion is a suggestion, and you don't need to start with a wheel.

But we do get pop ups on food and water as well and when low enough it stays on screen. I get not everyone feels the same and I'm not knocking on anyones play style. This is why I think options for hud should be added in vanilla in my opinion anyway. That way I can play the way it is with others that liken the way it is and then those that like to see that stuff 24/7 can do so as well. This is just one of those things that people have very different opinions on that nothing is going to change for either side obviously. This subject doesn't seem to be a majority it seems to be split 50/50 so I say options lol

Archived