Some suggestions for Alpha 18 - 20:
- Dual Wielding: You can dual wield weapons and some tools now: when a weapon/tool is equipt it will show a small p on the right corner of the item box art, to dual wield you go toolbelt and click on other item you want to dual wield with and select - secondary equip - this second item you equipted will show a S in the top right showing which items are currently equipted, you can only dual wield the same weapon or tool and cannot mix melee with range, dual wielding allows for faster harvesting, shooting and damage to blocks and enemies, the left mouse button will use both items consecutively
- Improved Character Screen: The new improved and updated character screen now shows more and detailed stats, character clothing slots are shown better and more easier to navigate, there are some new slots for other type of items such as pockets, back, accessory: trinkets, hand and belt and ears. New items in the world can give unique stats when equipt to character for more bonus stats and ability. The statistic screen now shows more information such as accuracy, noise reduction etc.
- Expandable Bag System: The new expandable bag system will allow you add more inventory slots beyond what is shown at the start of the game. Each player now has a backpack slot which you can later get better bags which will give more maxinum storage, the encumberance system still in affect though, the backpack perk will reduce the encumbarance for all backpack by percentages rather than straight up numbers to balance everything, for example the maximum perk is 75% less encumberance slots but you can reduce more by adding mods to your backpack now rather than clothing/armor - such as improved pockets etc.
- Passive Temporary Perks and Quirks: Throughout playing you will now now will experience new passive perks and quirks which are given to the player by certain actions or enviroment. Some temporary passive perks like Lucky Day gives player a bonus 100 lootbonus at random if player loots several high level items but its at random or by killing several zombies. Another passive temp perk could be Lovely Day in daytime where player is fully fed and hydrated and is outside in forest biome during the day, which increases xp bonus by 25% and reduces crafting time by 10%, which also happens at random, quirks on the other hand are triggered in similar way too, if character is not wearing a coat and gets wet then player will get 'Drenched', which increases infection chance by 25% for short time, some inspiration from this feature is from The Sims 4 which is a life simulator game but this game could also benefit from this feature. There could be actual perks which reduce the chance of getting quirks and increase getting perks and the effectiveness of it.
- Husbandary and Pets: Allows you to start your own animal farm from different species which can provide food and water and new materials, and animals can also be tamed and controlled with your command. Having pets will require you to feed and nurture them and they have their own skill tree and you can name them. There will be a new npc party system where it will display your allied npc/pets on the screen. You can craft animal beds, bunks, toys etc. your pets also have a morale system and you can set them to attack players or not.
- NPC System: Similar to Pets, NPC system will allow you to recruit and hire npc to your base, which will help you scavenge or provide materials for you - similar to State of Decay 1 and 2 on how they can contribute to your base. There could be quests where you will have to escort, rescue and fight other NPC's, bandits will also appear too which will be more severe than average zombie. Like zombies, bandits will become more deadlier in higher tier depending on your level, in early levels bandits will carry basic weapons such as bow and club but later they will be carrying assault rifles wearing military armor. Killing bandits also drops their bag which you can loot items