Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yes, lets talk about that!

Technically i have been waiting for years for a melee combat update by now. And technically, getting another move means we now will have twice as many options with our melee weapons.

I still really hope we get some sort of bash, block or kick as well. And it would be really cool if power moves had different effects for bade and blunt weapons.

I would love a charged hit (bash) by holding the left mouse then a block with the right at least. They both can do more damage to the weapon than a regular hit.

I would really love to see the gun attachment system with more options. Ideally one top mount slot for sights and scopes. One bottom mount under the barrel for flashlights, lasers, grips, n00b Tubes, and bayonets. One for the magazine size and type (maybe not as necessary for a game like this). And one on the barrel for silencers, flash suppressors and maybe a door breacher for the shotgun to get past some locked doors.

I would also love to see an attachment slot for melee weapons so you can just craft a bat but then add the barb wire to make a Lucille or some nails to make it a spiked bat. Then further in the game being able to add effect attachments like electricity, fire, acid, etc. very much like Dead Island. It doesn't sound like this is happening to the melee weapons tho.

It does sound like they are discussing it for the vehicles. And I am 110% behind this. Make vehicles tough to build/get and make them as vanilla as possible. I don't think the new motorcycle should have that spiked front fender to start off with. That should be an attachment. The motorcycle should just be a faster bigger version of the minibike that has more attachment slots on it, maybe storage and front attachments. And the car should be something a little bit better and harder to get than the motorcycle, and the truck should be next and so on. As the game progresses the player is always trying to get the next best vehicle and attachments for the vehicle. Every next vehicle not only adds better speed and mobility to the vehicle but more attachments and seats for other players too (still waiting for multiple player seats to be confirmed). End game would be a badass 4x4 truck or SUV with armor, fender spikes/blades, zombie plow bucket, 4 seats, lots of storage, and maybe a turret mount (that might be overkill).

Lots of options and idea can be made for what can go on the attachments, it doesn't really matter now. I am just excited to see that more attachments would be there in the first place. Modding will take care of any attachment that is not in the game. I just want them juicy slots!

Celiac's took over the world prior to the zombie apocalypse and eradicated wheat from the planet.

Best answer so far!

to the other yahoo who mentioned we can make beer - yes I know that. I mean options to make other types like a Wheat Ale or a hope IPA. don't forget mead! some of us want our IRL to be in the game so drinking options need to increase.

Yeh But I came across that nekkid pic you sent me that night when you were out drinking with roland when I saw your post, so I'm not sure which made me Lol.

Hey, nothing funny about a nekked night out drinking with buddies. Just when using washroom don't cross the streams.

Food and water on the HUD: similar to how I'd like time and compass handled, loot or buy a Fit-Bit or other personal monitoring device. You don't want that stuff on screen, don't wear the Fit-Bit. Time/Date, don't wear the watch. Mini-Map, don't carry the GPS you just found.

An easy and fun solution.

I know I personally don't have much to contribute, for me I actually waiting and wanting for hydrodynamics physics.

But my background realism questions are. Necessity for potty breaks, 40 days of twigs ad berries has gotta go somewhere or you become the next hawaiian Zombie, or hungry fat lady. The second with temps that reach excess of 100 degrees, if the smell system is fully reincorporated

then once again after 40 days it wouldn't matter whether you burrowed to bedrock or had no meat in your pack you are still gonna stink Looonnng distance.

Maybe I should try F7 again. The last time I tried it you couldn’t interact with things like your hotbar or containers. All F7 was good for was running around or taking pictures.

I play with an invisible HUD mod that is exactly like F7 except that you can actually play the game. But maybe it’s changed since then.

lol. I'm just being a smartass, the invisible hud is actually quite fun.

I know I personally don't have much to contribute, for me I actually waiting and wanting for hydrodynamics physics.

But my background realism questions are. Necessity for potty breaks, 40 days of twigs ad berries has gotta go somewhere or you become the next hawaiian Zombie, or hungry fat lady. The second with temps that reach excess of 100 degrees, if the smell system is fully reincorporated

then once again after 40 days it wouldn't matter whether you burrowed to bedrock or had no meat in your pack you are still gonna stink Looonnng distance.

In Ravenhearst mod you can get dirty, and you need a wet towel and soap to clean up, or you do smell and attract zombies.

Food and water on the HUD: similar to how I'd like time and compass handled, loot or buy a Fit-Bit or other personal monitoring device. You don't want that stuff on screen, don't wear the Fit-Bit. Time/Date, don't wear the watch. Mini-Map, don't carry the GPS you just found.

An easy and fun solution.

I like it. I want it. 👍

But you can also loot bullet casings, brass trophies and brass candlesticks directly from zombies which are a renewable supply even with no loot respawn. The brass sources also commonly show up in garbage piles, bins, dumpsters etc. In every 7dtd game I have played in my 1800 hours or so hours my bottleneck to bullet production is always gunpowder (specifically potassium nitrate) and never brass. I always have thousands of surplus brass compared with gunpowder.

Thank you for the post. I thought it might just be me. 12+ 'games', 1800+ hours, I, also, have never had a shortage of brass. Usually 1.5x-2x as much as lead. (which is very easy to make up). But, even with coal and nitrate piles gunpowder is always so little I sell casings and bullets just to get rid of all of the extras. Always purchase what little gunpowder any trader has. Along with 7.62 rounds, as they seem kind of expensive to craft. (not asking to change the craft amount!)

Thank you for the post. I thought it might just be me. 12+ 'games', 1800+ hours, I, also, have never had a shortage of brass. Usually 1.5x-2x as much as lead. (which is very easy to make up). But, even with coal and nitrate piles gunpowder is always so little I sell casings and bullets just to get rid of all of the extras. Always purchase what little gunpowder any trader has. Along with 7.62 rounds, as they seem kind of expensive to craft. (not asking to change the craft amount!)

Is this a trolling post or am I just unlucky not finding the POI made from solid brass? :)

Originally Posted by Joel Huenink on Twitter. 9:23 AM - 15 Nov 2017

Tune in tomorrow for a preview of the new doe, stag and some other stuff!

I wish that Joel would not post dates on stuff and not follow though... :(

Nov-19-2017

As someone who is maintaining a mod i can tell you THE most annoying question people ask is to give a time and date. I try not to do it but some people just don't understand that there are things you CAN'T place a time or date on. Since releasing my mod i understand this now more than ever and will defend Pimps right to NEVER give a date for anything.

Any estimated date to the alpha release?

Please stop asking for release dates. Pimps do not deal in release dates and with good reason. Things break bugs happen and dates are often broken when given. We will know when the time draws near.

I know it is an unsatisfying answer but it is very true.

Click the link for the new video.

Sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties. Internet provider said that I did not pay the bill which I am sure that my wife did, I will have to check our bank account. I apologize for the confusion, we will be back online shortly after the discussions about the HUD are over.

Any estimated date to the alpha release?

I'm guessing some Thursday or Friday, maybe a Saturday if they plan working the weekend.

Of course a Monday-Wednesday will give them more time before the weekend surge arrives.

But not Sunday for sure... of course Sunday really isn't the Sabbath, so maybe Sunday.

Originally Posted by Joel Huenink on Twitter. 9:23 AM - 15 Nov 2017

Tune in tomorrow for a preview of the new doe, stag and some other stuff!

I wish that Joel would not post dates on stuff and not follow though... :(

Nov-19-2017

"Tomorrow, you're always a day away"

--Little Orphan Annie

Archived