Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You are right, i would not sacrifice the block ids, in the current system, I would get double or quadruple the number of block-ids. :)

I feel the limit is going to have to change. I don't know what the data structure for a block look likes but but 11 bits seems a strange number for block-ids. I assume the extra 5 bits are for something else (rotation?).

i guess

Block ID

Rotation

Meta1

Meta 2

Density

Damage

Texture

I think they would not play this "New block XYZ in" a patch later "Block XYZ out" game if it would be so easy.

I allready miss my 50% steps, cant longer build Doublewalls with a maintenance tunnel

048526C73CF89548F643EA23C2F9C4369AB663D0

Please make a railing corner block. Something like the catwalk corner just without the pallet on the bottom so it is just the railing. That way we can put the wood/metal railing around a corner and complete the railing nicely.

Thanks,

Bob...

this! and make the corner without the railing, also. /love/love.

I don't know about that... I played some solo multiplayer games in a14/a15 for the same reason... wanted to get my friends to occasionally hop on. I don't recall being able to pause my game at any point while I was in a multiplayer game. In fact, I remember being annoyed that I couldn't pause the game, but accepting it because it had been my choice to open the game in multiplayer mode. My stepdaughter likes to play in creative mode and her games won't pause either. Only normal single player games.

Edit: There is a way to switch between MP and SP, so you could try playing SP until one of your friends is online, then switch to MP

To be honest now you make me doubt, but I'm 99% sure this was working before.

And thanks I will check the switch thing.

Hey MadMole, would it be possible to have larger inventory capacity for the larger vehicles? Or at least the ability to upgrade the inventory capacity?

Thanks

Have a look here

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74220-Backpack-gate-why-a-extra-row-should-be-added

(Its no official statement, but as it stands)

And welcome to the forum

So someone comes up with a genius constructive use of an object and you say its a glitch/exploit lol. Please...................

It is quite not a glitch or exploit. It is utilising the object (whether intended or not) in a way that the player who done it has come up with. You wanna punish a player cause they are smarter and can utilise things maybe that you and those that claim this is a glitch/exploit can't come up with these ideas.

I didn't criticize the use of the "object", but I assume glitches/bugs are meant to be fixed. There a lot of cases that this "behavior" is not beneficial (I experimented some of them) - I can only guess that there's something wrong with player physics when "inside" a block (you can be "ejected" from blocks - and I'm assuming its the same with the hatches). It's like the item elevator in Minecraft. Was genius at the time, but was not an intended game mechanic: hence, an exploit. But I expect the same in 7DTD: when they squashed the bug already existed actual game mechanics that did the same - because ladders and ramps get old pretty fast.

i guess

Block ID

Rotation

Meta1

Meta 2

Density

Damage

Texture

I think they would not play this "New block XYZ in" a patch later "Block XYZ out" game if it would be so easy.

I allready miss my 50% steps, cant longer build Doublewalls with a maintenance tunnel

048526C73CF89548F643EA23C2F9C4369AB663D0

EDIT: I see what you mean.

Ignore:

Thought that 50% steps were still there, called: Wet Concrete Wedge Tip Stairs and Wet Concrete Wedge Stairs

Or are these not what you mean?

Thought that 50% steps were still there, called: Wet Concrete Wedge Tip Stairs and Wet Concrete Wedge Stairs

Or are these not what you mean?

only 3 versions or so are left, no reinforced Concrete, no steel, i mean no scrap and no reinforced wood too

And they are simply named Stairs 50%

The wedge versions are not 50% in both directions

only 3 versions or so are left, no reinforced Concrete, no steel, i mean no scrap and no reinforced wood too

And they are simply named Stairs 50%

The wedge versions are not 50% in both directions

Yes, I think there are 4. I have this which I used to catalogue all the standard blocks and their upgrade paths: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dh4gMflEQ_KHYCTZeELmD1eAjE6Q_g90_U4TZroi1hY/edit?usp=sharing

So a merge with Space Engineers. Excellent. (Or maybe Medieval Engineers)

I haven't played those but if they all ready have it and use a voxel system then yes merge aka find out how they did it and stea...I mean borrow it.

Madmole/Gazz

Can we get

1- an inside and outside corner of the railings block..without platform

2-dog sleeper block....presently we only have the sleepers ...no animal sleepers.

3- wheel blocks for vehicles.

4- patio umbrella----closed is fine

5- formal table section..dining room table middle and ends

1. I would like to see a "block snap system" (I made that up) or something that, instead of of creating more block IDs, it adds a logic into an existing block that says things like "If this block of this kind touches a block of this kind it will look like this block". So when a rail meets another rail at a 90 the image turns into a railing corner. There are lots of things that bug me other than the rails that do not have corners. This could probably be done for that weird dip that all ground blocks have that meet a cement blocks. This could probably reduce the number of block IDs.

2. Good idea, but I hate it. LOL

3. Like separate tires blocks? But why?

4. Also why patio umbrellas?

5. I would rather see extended furniture in a mod.

I didn't criticize the use of the "object", but I assume glitches/bugs are meant to be fixed. There a lot of cases that this "behavior" is not beneficial (I experimented some of them) - I can only guess that there's something wrong with player physics when "inside" a block (you can be "ejected" from blocks - and I'm assuming its the same with the hatches). It's like the item elevator in Minecraft. Was genius at the time, but was not an intended game mechanic: hence, an exploit. But I expect the same in 7DTD: when they squashed the bug already existed actual game mechanics that did the same - because ladders and ramps get old pretty fast.

The hatch altho takes up a whole block isn't a whole block tho lol. The use of the hatch as a elevator is itself able to be used due to the rotation ability. I don't see any exploit or glitch. It's used by the person however they wish. To me it's people whom think outside the box that creates many uses for such an idea and technically to me those whom claim it's a glitch or exploit whom want it changed simply realise the person/s whom use this has come up with a great idea to protect his /here base.

You can still destroy these hatches thus creating dilemmas for the base owner. And really is the base floating lol..... cause if you destroy one block the whole thing will come tumbling down... so that basis of attempt to get it out of the game given those reasons are false and inaccurate. Their base is impenetrable.... Lol HOW....

They can build a base into the heavens and not be able to be raided... HOW... something has to be touching the ground. Destroy those and the base comes tumbling down... sorry it's just whining to me that they can not think of ways to beat the player whom has thought really good on the idea

Minecraft is stupid.

You serious have an issue with the word exploit. And I'm not the person talking about "pvp" and "impenetrable bases" and such your saying. Never even played this game in multiplayer. And sure, lets agree that hatches are suppose to behavior like that and don't call it a bug.

And yeah... Minecraft is stupid. The whole concept of 7DTD is based in this game. And next time you see that green cop exploding in your face remember the word: Creeper... xP

You serious have an issue with the word exploit. And I'm not the person talking about "pvp" and "impenetrable bases" and such your saying. Never even played this game in multiplayer. And sure, lets agree that hatches are suppose to behavior like that and don't call it a bug.

And yeah... Minecraft is stupid. The whole concept of 7DTD is based in this game. And next time you see that green cop exploding in your face remember the word: Creeper... xP

Lol parts of it is based on minecraft yes. Not the whole game.

The radiated cop don't look or resemble the creeper lol. My kids play Minecraft lol.

I was referring to the other guy when I said the stuff bout impenetrable bases etc lol. (Prolly should a quoted that in there). I just don't think it's an exploit to me it's someone's creative imagination in utilising what we have to get the end result we are after.

I have one and let me tell you, fire that and the zombies diarrheal death.

I really can't see that working on zombies, I don't think they will care. Bandits yes. Just create a moat.

Actually if you create a moat of poonade and a zombie falls into it, it may become animated!!!

Minecraft is stupid.

But carrying ~50,000 blocks of stone isn't!

Extremely resourceful people have built complete working computers, pianos, etc.

Have you ever checked out RailCraft, BuildCraft, IndustryCraft, etc.?

I cannot wait for a Railcraft version of 7D2D. (Some people are already doing prefabs which look great!)

Life altering events (for me):

1. 7D2D Alpha.

2. 7D2D Gold.

3. 'RailCraft' for 7D2D. (I should be retired by then...)

(I fully expect some to say that I'll be retired before 2...) ; - )

Getting a horse or vehicle to 'catch' the zombie train led by a super zombie (not a behemoth!), that takes his troops to various cities (to replenish or build). And battling thought the cars to get to him!) (yep, borrowing from a couple movies...)

But carrying ~50,000 blocks of stone isn't!

Extremely resourceful people have built complete working computers, pianos, etc.

Have you ever checked out RailCraft, BuildCraft, IndustryCraft, etc.?

I cannot wait for a Railcraft version of 7D2D. (Some people are already doing prefabs which look great!)

Life altering events (for me):

1. 7D2D Alpha.

2. 7D2D Gold.

3. 'RailCraft' for 7D2D. (I should be retired by then...)

(I fully expect some to say that I'll be retired before 2...) ; - )

Getting a horse or vehicle to 'catch' the zombie train led by a super zombie (not a behemoth!), that takes his troops to various cities (to replenish or build). And battling thought the cars to get to him!) (yep, borrowing from a couple movies...)

Yes I am one of those prefabbers you mention lol. But minecraft still sucks to me and Minecraft sucking has nothing to do with how many blocks one can carry lol. And to do with how much 1 can carry there be no prefabs if we were only able to carry 1 block at a time.

Butbues def hope railways and trains even just as blocks and not working would be awesome additions. Altho people use their creatrivity to make trains with what we habe presently and damn they look good. Creativity thought and imagination run rampant in the prefabs section.....

The hatch altho takes up a whole block isn't a whole block tho lol. The use of the hatch as a elevator is itself able to be used due to the rotation ability. I don't see any exploit or glitch. It's used by the person however they wish. To me it's people whom think outside the box that creates many uses for such an idea and technically to me those whom claim it's a glitch or exploit whom want it changed simply realise the person/s whom use this has come up with a great idea to protect his /here base.

You can still destroy these hatches thus creating dilemmas for the base owner. And really is the base floating lol..... cause if you destroy one block the whole thing will come tumbling down... so that basis of attempt to get it out of the game given those reasons are false and inaccurate. Their base is impenetrable.... Lol HOW....

They can build a base into the heavens and not be able to be raided... HOW... something has to be touching the ground. Destroy those and the base comes tumbling down... sorry it's just whining to me that they can not think of ways to beat the player whom has thought really good on the idea

Minecraft is stupid.

You don't see a glitch?

How is teleporting instantly through solid steel from one location to another not a glitch? It's a big problem in multiplayer because players create 'safe spaces' that are inaccessible. It's a raid breaker. I expect it is also an issue in PVE because players can teleport themselves instantly to safety rather than fight hordes.

Are you seriously suggesting that the counter measure is to destroy the tower instead? Even if i was that sadistic to go and drop somebodies entire base I wouldn't get any loot from that. Instead I could potentially be sat in front of steel blocks with an auger for hours and hours (yes seriously i've spent nearly 7 hours with a group doing a raid). That isn't fun. Who the hell wants to do that? It isn't practical for 90% of players and I would never raid like that again. That was only with damage multiplier at 16x.

Also how is it a good idea or smart? It's a cheap tactic to get from one place to another instantly. No exploit in the game is a good idea. Instead design a good base with lots of trap rooms and places to fight or trick your enemies.

One solution would be to make the hatch block take up 2 blocks (one block higher than it currently is). This would stop players building them directly on top of one another.

I'm all for an actual elevator but the devs should keep locks off it unless they intend on adding a lock picking tool because it will just lead to the same issues in PVP. It could still lead to the same issues in PVE though where players flee horde night to their sky space as well.

You don't see a glitch?

How is teleporting instantly through solid steel from one location to another not a glitch? It's a big problem in multiplayer because players create 'safe spaces' that are inaccessible. It's a raid breaker. I expect it is also an issue in PVE because players can teleport themselves instantly to safety rather than fight hordes.

Also how is it a good idea or smart? It's a cheap tactic to get from one place to another instantly. No exploit in the game is a good idea. Instead design a good base with lots of trap rooms and places to fight or trick your enemies.

One solution would be to make the hatch block take up 2 blocks (one block higher than it currently is). This would stop players building them directly on top of one another.

I'm all for an actual elevator but the devs should keep locks off it unless they intend on adding a lock picking tool because it will just lead to the same issues in PVP. It could still lead to the same issues in PVE though where players flee horde night to their sky space as well.

Lol majority use it to get into their bases and out of. Still not an exploit. Just you can't think of a better way to get into the base.

you state they can make impenetrable bases which is easily disproven.

Now I am guessing your actually meaning they place a hatch then a floor with no gap above the hatch.... yeh or no.

That I will agree is prolly a glitch... I agree yes but still say majority use hatches one on top of the other to get up into their base and down. Nothing wrong with that and yes very creative and great use of an item. Why punish them.

All TFP need to do is stop a player being glitched thru the floor not remove the hatch the way it is.

Most player's use the hatch like I said one on top of the other up to each floor. But there are no full floors always gaps so a player can move up and down with nothing blocking package. What your asking is for these players to be punished for those whom make a complete floor and use the hatch to teleport to the next floor.

I don't see hatches the way they're atm as an exploit. But the glitch to a new area is which will mean the glitch be in the block above not the hatch or how it is being used.

Lol majority use it to get into their bases and out of. Still not an exploit. Just you can't think of a better way to get into the base.

Now I am guessing your actually meaning they place a hatch then a floor with no gap above the hatch.... yeh or no.

That I will agree is prolly a glitch... I agree yes but still say majority use hatches one on top of the other to get up into their base and down. Nothing wrong with that and yes very creative and great use of an item. Why punish them.

All TFP need to do is stop a player being glitched thru the floor not remove the hatch the way it is.

Most player's use the hatch like I said one on top of the other up to each floor. But there are no full floors always gaps so a player can move up and down with nothing blocking package. What your asking is for these players to be punished for those whom make a complete floor and use the hatch to teleport to the next floor.

I don't see hatches the way they're atm as an exploit. But the glitch to a new area is which will mean the glitch be in the block above not the hatch or how it is being used.

I'm confused. You're contradicting yourself in almost every sentence.

Do you agree that teleporting to safe spaces through solid steel is a glitch or not?

And just to repeat myself again, 7 hours to raid somebodies base by making stairs out of their solid steel walls to counter the hatch elevator is not fun, especially when you add in the LCB protection multiplier. It isn't smart... it's dumb.

Do you agree that teleporting to safe spaces through solid steel is a glitch or not?

And just to repeat myself again, 7 hours to raid somebodies base by making stairs out of their solid steel walls to counter the hatch elevator is not fun, especially when you add in the LCB protection multiplier. It isn't smart... it's dumb.

How do you think that is teleporting THRU solid steel? When using the hatch elevator you don't go thru ANY solid block. There has to already be a hole thru the block in order to place the hatch. All the hatch elevator does is make it slightly faster than using a ladder in the same vertical column of open spaces.

Using hatches as a way to teleport through steel blocks is an exploit. Dot. Full stop. End of discussion.

Using hatches as a way of transporting yourself up/down is gamey and not intended and needs to be removed/disabled in the game.

Lol no I am not. Teleporting thru steel floors yes. Using hatches to get to another floor level isn't.

Glitch bug is the block not the hatch.

And so your trying to raid bases easily so you dont have to plan or think of ways to get in. The real reason you want to get rid of the use of hatches this way comes to light lol... YOUR LAZY.

gee use some imagination. If it takes you 7 hrs obviously you haven't heard of frames lol.... stack one up on top of each other whilst jumping...

I am gonna say your laziness is dumb lol. PvP not meant to be easy. Always someone whom will think outside the box in order to protect their stuff. It's human nature..

You know the saying "i not saying we should kill stupid people I am just saying remove the warning labels" :-D.. (ok this part was purely a joke)

But seriously it takes you 7 hrs to raid a base... young trainee one must first practice on the simple bases and work ones way up the level of difficulty chain before attempting well thought out protected bases lol..

Start by destroying the ground level block.... any one pick one... then destroy the block directly above this one.... continue process in a straight line til you have entered said base.... look for way up if using the method you describe grab a heap of frames jump up place a frame below you.... til you hit the roof (floor of next level) destroy block above your head til you have broken thru.....

Continue process til you find the stashes of goodies inside this base.... or realise it is just a dummy base and the real base you walked past 59 blocks prior to coming to this base with all doors open :-P.

Or til you realise the residents are home and you die from them killing you lol.....

So if you have 30 steel hatch elevators stacked on top of one another and you close the bottom and it glitches you to the top I'd say that is teleporting through 30 steel hatches. I'm not really sure why you are trying to defend a damn right glitch / exploit.

When you put it like that it sounds pretty innocent but like all exploits, it is abused by many players to avoid parts of the game like raiding and avoiding zombie hordes as I've already laid out.

Archived