- Electrical Sulvelience Monitor

- Electric Doors

- Electric Drawbridge and Gates

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Factory Machinery for producing materials

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

- 3 Tiers of Forge which can be upgraded (Standard Forge, Heavy Forge and Furnace)

+1 for surveilance monitor and electric doors/drawbridges

Feautures and New Objects that i hope they release in Alpha 17

Cooking

- Several new food and drink recipes with a revamped cooking system

- New Cooking Perks

- Animal Farming and Breeding feature

Electricity

- Electrical Sulvelience Monitor

- Electric Doors

- Electric Drawbridge and Gates

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Factory Machinery for producing materials

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

- 3 Tiers of Forge which can be upgraded (Standard Forge, Heavy Forge and Furnace)

I’d love to see all of these in too!

Also can we please have working fridge freezers and sinks with fresh drinking water. And can we at least use "some" preexisting houses without POI spawn point zombies? Also stop spawning zombies behind players. It's cheating and it's unfair!

You can put a bedroll inside a POI, once you cleared the sleepers. That prevents them from spawning in again.

There is gonna be more work on food system and yeah , food spoil was an example. This could bring working fridges.

You could ya know not depend on auto turrets... personally i think they should compliment your firepower on horde nights not do all the work for you but that's just my opinion.

If the turret is on, it will fire, and I can only attack one zombie at a time, and, for that matter, face only one direction. So unless I gimp the auto turrets by limiting their reach, which is their biggest advantage, they'll easily go through a full load in one horde night, and you can't get enough brass and enough bullets from traders to account for that if you have a decent amount of turrets. Mind you, I consider my 12 turrets (actually, 13 -- I forgot one) to be the _minimum_ amount of turrets to properly cover the lines of approach. If I could, I'd go with 20.

Now, to not depending on auto turrets -- not that I depend on them, I'd just like to _use_ them. You can't claim brass is not an issue and then come and say I shouldn't use something that uses brass.

Brass is an issue, because you can't get enough of it to feed auto turrets on horde night.

If the turret is on, it will fire, and I can only attack one zombie at a time, and, for that matter, face only one direction. So unless I gimp the auto turrets by limiting their reach, which is their biggest advantage, they'll easily go through a full load in one horde night, and you can't get enough brass and enough bullets from traders to account for that if you have a decent amount of turrets. Mind you, I consider my 12 turrets (actually, 13 -- I forgot one) to be the _minimum_ amount of turrets to properly cover the lines of approach. If I could, I'd go with 20.

Now, to not depending on auto turrets -- not that I depend on them, I'd just like to _use_ them. You can't claim brass is not an issue and then come and say I shouldn't use something that uses brass.

Brass is an issue, because you can't get enough of it to feed auto turrets on horde night.

Clearly you need to look at alternatives to your 13 turrets, that seems excessive to me, I have never needed anywhere near that many in one place.

If you really want to look at it like a turret = a human shooter, do you think the game needs to balance for 14 human shooters on horde night?

With 13 of them using SMG's?

I would say you are being overly reliant on them, try changing up your defences, add some shotgun turrets and other traps perhaps.

If you are using them as your primary perimeter defences then of course you are going to burn too much ammo to keep them fed.

Please make a railing corner block. Something like the catwalk corner just without the pallet on the bottom so it is just the railing. That way we can put the wood/metal railing around a corner and complete the railing nicely.

Thanks,

Bob...

second that, iron bar corner are welcome too to make a good match

- - - Updated - - -

Are we still calling this Diary forum post a thread? I think this is Alpha 17 Wikipedia now.. it is hard to search relevant information with useless post like this spam the thread.

second that, iron bar corner are welcome too to make a good match

- - - Updated - - -

Are we still calling this Diary forum post a thread? I think this is Alpha 17 Wikipedia now.. it is hard to search relevant information with useless post like this spam the thread.

There is enough info in first page. What you see around are different ideas and opinions orbiting around the core information.

Are we going to get back the pause function of single player mode?

I still don't get why this was removed on alpha 16. The only two reasons I can think for some1 to use single player mode are:

1-) Don't have internet.

2-) Don't have the time to play online

The second reason is why I play single player mode. And If I don't have infinite time, I need an easy way to pause the game. (and no, closing/opening the game while a horde is chasing me, is far from desired).

This was the case with alphas 15 or below, but you change it without any advice or reason.

So, can we get this back again?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe) the pause function was never taken out because it was never added to multi-player mode.

it ONLY works in single player. if a pause was added in MP it would certainly cause more problems and griefers then it is worth. :)

Are we going to get back the pause function of single player mode?

I still don't get why this was removed on alpha 16. The only two reasons I can think for some1 to use single player mode are:

1-) Don't have internet.

2-) Don't have the time to play online

The second reason is why I play single player mode. And If I don't have infinite time, I need an easy way to pause the game. (and no, closing/opening the game while a horde is chasing me, is far from desired).

This was the case with alphas 15 or below, but you change it without any advice or reason.

So, can we get this back again?

It works fine for me, have you remapped the key perhaps?

Assuming it can even be changed that is...

Time in practice is just plain impractical.

Build your house on the exact point of the north/south pole of Earth (and there are at least 2 or 3 of each depending on how you determine that) and you'd go crazy with having a different a hour in every room and even different days.

And that's not even counting the commute.

It works fine for me, have you remapped the key perhaps?

Assuming it can even be changed that is...

Nope, before alpha 16 I just press the ESC key and the game pause. Now I press ESC key and I can see the game is still runing.

What key are you talking about?

Question for you Gazz ;)

Any idea if the new physics will allow force to be applied to entities?

Think class='jump pad' but proper physics and from alternate directions eg. Hydraulic Ram type wall that pushes entities/knocks them back/over.

Enquiring minds want to know ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, before alpha 16 I just press the ESC key and the game pause. Now I press ESC key and I can see the game is still runing.

What key are you talking about?

Same key (ESC).

I even tested it after my post and it worked fine.

Perhaps the game is launching MP each time as opposed to SP? Maybe check the folder to see where your save games are.

Do you think the game will ever see a working lift system? (Elevator for the Americans). It would be great after conquerng a high rise building to be able to repair the electrical system and restore power to the (as of yet non existent) lift and make use of it for quick transport back down.

So cool, doors open and the player is met with a floor of mindless undead... 'Hit the button, hit the damned button! Close the doors!!!!!'

A few posts back there was a discussion about turrets. has anyone ever tried using one manually on horde night?

It might be OP but what if you and some others (at least 2 of you) made some small towers for yourselves and put a turret on top aimed towards their tower.

That way on horde night when zombies are attacking you beneath your tower your buddies could shoot at them with the turret by staying in camera mode. You would do same for them. That way instead of it rapidly firing you could use control bursts.

Would that be overkill?

Just don't turn too much as you can shoot yourself....I know from experience "D

A few posts back there was a discussion about turrets. has anyone ever tried using one manually on horde night?

It might be OP but what if you and some others (at least 2 of you) made some small towers for yourselves and put a turret on top aimed towards their tower.

That way on horde night when zombies are attacking you beneath your tower your buddies could shoot at them with the turret by staying in camera mode. You would do same for them. That way instead of it rapidly firing you could use control bursts.

Would that be overkill?

Haha wish I saw that Gam! :)

- - - Updated - - -

giphy.gif

Physics confirmed from A17 B666! Nice :)

Would that be overkill?

Holy crap I never even thought about that, manual turrets - yes please!!! For mounted base defence. Amazing idea. Just no camera, no no no to the camera.

This idea wouldnt be too bad either, because when the huge four wheeler finally turns up there may well be an option to have a machine gun mounted on the top of it. That would be incredible.

More power, but more ammo consumption, perhaps more expensive ammo to make bigger rounds, and also the fact that unless you are two playering it, the gun would be somewhat imobile since you could either drive or shoot, not both.

As for the tower guns, that is more true tower defence and also, stationary mannable turrets. Very, very cool indeedy.

WTF.... really

<item id="191" name="turd">
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Crafting/clayPrefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="organic"/>
<property name="HoldType" value="40"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="250"/> <!-- STK resource -->
<property name="EconomicValue" value="10"/>
<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="5"/>
<property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->
	<property name="Class" value="ThrowAway"/>
	<property name="Delay" value="1.2"/>
[color="#FFFF00"]		<!-- <property name="DamageBlock" value="5010"/>[/color]
	<property name="DamageEntity" value="1000"/> Does not work on class Thrown -->
	<property name="Throw_strength_default" value="10"/>
	<property name="Throw_strength_max" value="35"/>
	<property name="Max_strain_time" value="1"/>
	<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh"/>
</property>
<property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="750"/>
</item>

WTF.... really

</property>
</item>

Oh thats for builds when Gazz plans to PvP ;)

He just uncomments it and tells no one...

But wow is he fast at breaking into bases lol.

WTF.... really

</property>
</item>

i know this is censored but you will get the drift..

the expression "♥♥♥♥ happens"

well... ♥♥♥♥ kills! :)

I don't know, I kind of like the 1 wood smelts 10 resources thing. Pretty easy to figure things out without a calculator.

So with 50 minute days you can smelt 50x60 /5= 600 resources per day per slot. So 3000 iron, stone or clay output per slot per day. Using full stack of resources you put in 600 wood and can walk away for 10 days even. See the pattern there?

With that info you can make plans for any project and know how many forges your team will need.

I am sorry all that just went over my head I had a Z Chasing me. You don't get it, we wanted a Timer & not a stupid annoying Stop Watch. It is not even good eye candy because that is all it is, candy, it has no purpose what so ever but repeat.

The whole time we have been going through all of these A States is to weed out repetitive & useless items & here we go adding a useless eye candy that has no function as a TIMER.

Camp Fire

If I want 25 Bacon & Eggs it tells me the exact time in Minutes to cook them.

When I add fuel it tells me the exact time in Minutes that the amount I put in will burn so I know how much fuel to add for the 25 Freaking Bacon & Eggs. Very simple & easy.

This is what we wanted for the Forge, not a Stop Watch.

Right now Crafting in the Forge is just like the Camp Fire & everything else we craft. We want 250 Iron Arrow Heads & it gives us a crafting time.

For the purpose of crafting the Forge works fine. You craft & it gives you total time in minutes, you add fuel & you know the exact time in minutes that fuel will burn.

Smelting has always been the problem for adding fuel & we asked for a Timer to give us the total smelting time so we can add the right amount of fuel.

What is wrong with asking for something that is just like everything else in the game. Timers in the game for crafting & burning should be the same & we do not need a stupid Stop Watch added to the Forge, we need a Smelting Timer.

I don't care how you do it as long as it is a Timer in Minutes. I would replicate the Fuel input timer for Smelting. When you add Fuel the Timer appears next to Fuel in the Black Box.

This is what should happen when you Smelt, when you add an ore the Timer should appear next to Smelting in the Black Box Header just like Fuel does with total time in minutes.

I don't think we need a timer for both input boxes but a total time of ore put in both boxes if they are used. When you add ore the Timer should appear next to Smelting & not in the Input Boxes.

Archived