Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Same key (ESC).

I even tested it after my post and it worked fine.

Perhaps the game is launching MP each time as opposed to SP? Maybe check the folder to see where your save games are.

Yes sorry maybe I did not be very specific. I play alone on a multiplayer game, without internet.

This was what it's been changed. Before, even been a multiplayer game if the host is playing alone, then pressing ESC key pause the game. Now this is not happening anymore.

The reason to be a multiplayer game is that sometimes I allow friends to enter my game, but now I don't have that option as is has to be single player to pause the game.

You can put a bedroll inside a POI, once you cleared the sleepers. That prevents them from spawning in again.

There is gonna be more work on food system and yeah , food spoil was an example. This could bring working fridges.

Hi beerfly and thank you for your reply. In my experience this has never worked in an POI building or house. Not even with a land claim block. witch is a pity because I have made some really nice baseis out of some of them. For the first time i have just made my base. Not too bad though, could be better I suppose.

Yes sorry maybe I did not be very specific. I play alone on a multiplayer game, without internet.

This was what it's been changed. Before, even been a multiplayer game if the host is playing alone, then pressing ESC key pause the game. Now this is not happening anymore.

The reason to be a multiplayer game is that sometimes I allow friends to enter my game, but now I don't have that option as is has to be single player to pause the game.

Ah ok, I didn't think it ever worked in MP, obviously I only checked SP.

WTF.... really

<item id="191" name="turd">
[color="#FFFF00"]		<!-- <property name="DamageBlock" value="5010"/>[/color]
	<property name="DamageEntity" value="1000"/> Does not work on class Thrown -->
</item>

Looks like someone testing with huge obvious values to me.

But since you brought them up:

It's funny, the wife and I are cool with violence, gore, and nudity in the game (though she says we need some male strippers too), but the first thing I do for us when we upgrade or play a new mod is go in and remove so-called "turds" from the game (i.e. from loot and recipes). We aren't outraged or anything at all, we just simply think it is an incredibly absurd thing to call it and the very idea of handling unknown sources of human waste in a Z apocalypse is at least as absurd.

Yes, there are odd uses of other biological materials in the game, but they seem slightly less absurd (and I have modded out some/most of them in our own mod as well). And, no, we aren't easily grossed out or squeamish, we have both actually butchered animals and cleaned up both animal and human waste materials (welcome to the rural life and life with a child who has special needs). It's just a VERY bad idea to put Z or unknown waste and your food together in any way, even after treated in a "chemistry station." We would be much more in tune if there was a way to collect night soils in the game and use them instead (still gross to modern people, but it's pretty normal historically, though even that could be suspect in a Z apocalypse).

I've seen some hints there may have been a #turdgate at some point, but we weren't here then, so sorry if this is an old complaint. And YES, it's a game, but I know at least one designer likes it if we roleplay a bit, and it would be a very odd role I'd play that would put random human ♥♥♥♥ on my growing food plants.

Time in practice is just plain impractical.

Build your house on the exact point of the north/south pole of Earth (and there are at least 2 or 3 of each depending on how you determine that) and you'd go crazy with having a different a hour in every room and even different days.

And that's not even counting the commute.

New feature in A17 for co-ords 0,0?

- - - Updated - - -

i know this is censored but you will get the drift..

the expression "♥♥♥♥ happens"

well... ♥♥♥♥ kills! :)

I fully support poop than can destroy steel. PERFECT troll item. Like the newly Added Gum in Unturned that EXPLODES when you finish eating it lol

Nope, before alpha 16 I just press the ESC key and the game pause. Now I press ESC key and I can see the game is still runing.

What key are you talking about?

Then you are playing a local MP game. That still works in SP. I accidentally started a local game as MP and this is how I figured it out. I thought I was paused and came back to the respawn options. Lol

There is also a bug that sometime seems to corrupt a SP game and it becomes MP. I think there are some posts somewhere with possible fixes.

Edit: I just saw your other reply. I didn't realize it ever worked in local MP games. I have only ever played SP or hosted server.

and only city kids would complain about getting hands dirty :)

And, no, we aren't easily grossed out or squeamish, we have both actually butchered animals and cleaned up both animal and human waste materials (welcome to the rural life and life with a child who has special needs).

I can assure you I (we) know what "dirty" is and would be happy to give you more detail if you desire. We raise some of our own food now (though we both grew up on ranches/farms that did even more). We are familiar with the gamut of techniques for raising food, from primitive (I've plowed a field with a plow attached to a horse) to modern (it's much easier with a tractor, and while modern, a manure spreader is only easier to use, not a lot cleaner). Night soils are for use when you have no other option and night soils from people with contagious diseases are NEVER to be used (and you have NO IDEA if some random toilet in some random house had someone with a Z plague use it before they started looking for brains).

No, not WWZ. The Martian:

https://youtu.be/BAoadypFBQ4?t=118

Yeah, I was talking about The Martian. Why would you assume otherwise?

EDIT: The point being he was aware of where the poop/♥♥♥♥/turds came from and that they would be from healthy people (since presumably they screened for such things before they sent them to Mars), not some random toilet. And it was a great reference, The Martian was a great movie showing low-tech techniques in a high-tech environment, among the MANY other great things about it.

Feautures and New Objects that i hope they release in Alpha 17

Cooking

- Several new food and drink recipes with a revamped cooking system

- New Cooking Perks

- Animal Farming and Breeding feature

Electricity

- Electrical Sulvelience Monitor

- Electric Doors

- Electric Drawbridge and Gates

- Electrical Cooking Hob

- Electrical Factory Machinery for producing materials

- Electrical Water Pump

Forge

- New Forge Perks

- 3 Tiers of Forge which can be upgraded (Standard Forge, Heavy Forge and Furnace)

The Doors and drawbridge would be great so we can set up a plate or trigger for player only to activate these. I am getting tired of getting out of my minibike to open each one up then close it.

Factory Machinery? IDK, I would be more specific and say conveyor blocks, piston blocks, rotation blocks, and maybe hoppers. Then we can probably do some material production and some creative zombie traps too.

Water pump probably won't happen until the water physics get fixed.

I think one industrial high end forge would be nice.

Just ask the North Koreans about using human waste for fertilizer, most of the population ended up with tape worms. Would be cool if you use the poop and a tape worm gets so big it explodes out of your body and is now a threat roaming around your base. 7 Days to Crap is the sequel.

Just ask the North Koreans about using human waste for fertilizer, most of the population ended up with tape worms. Would be cool if you use the poop and a tape worm gets so big it explodes out of your body and is now a threat roaming around your base. 7 Days to Crap is the sequel.

The Crapocalypse?

Will we ever see a fix for the hatch elevator glitch that allows people to teleport upwards using stacks of hatches?

It's such a game breaker on multiplayer PVP. Maybe if the hatches were two blocks high it would fix this?

That's not a glitch that's a great idea that people have come up with to gimmick a elevator. Not a glitch. Why punish people whom use their brains and come up with work around for things. Especially for prefabbers

Archived