Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Right, in once sentence I'm talking about one thing:

(that a 1 to 6 quality tier system results in fewer instances of finding better items)

And in the other sentence I'm talking about another thing:

(that ultimately the quality in a17 is irrelevant because it doesn't effect stats.)

It is in fact totally believable! :D

Ok. I believe you :02.47-tranquillity:. Actually combining was a good loot sink that felt better than just getting scrap. I would be totally ok with a system where 3 or 4 q1 rifles could be combined into 1 q2 rifle. I think they might have removed combining because the ratio of a higher quality rifle for only 2 lower quality rifles was just too good.

Still think you either are blind or deceiving us with the q1=q6 weapon. Considering how fast one finds an assortment of mods in the game I highly doubt you see any hurdle in putting them into your q6 gun and voila there's your absolutely irrelevant damage.

Now if you really persist that you don't care for that q6 and are ok to run around with a q1 gun, I'm really really sad I'm not on the same server as you. In case of you finding high quality guns I would make a generous offer to you to exchange them for a q1 gun of the same type and even put a bag of marbles on top of the deal. :cocksure:

Ok. I believe you :02.47-tranquillity:. Actually combining was a good loot sink that felt better than just getting scrap. I would be totally ok with a system where 3 or 4 q1 rifles could be combined into 1 q2 rifle. I think they might have removed combining because the ratio of a higher quality rifle for only 2 lower quality rifles was just too good.

Still think you either are blind or deceiving us with the q1=q6 weapon. Considering how fast one finds an assortment of mods in the game I highly doubt you see any hurdle in putting them into your q6 gun and voila there's your absolutely irrelevant damage.

Now if you really persist that you don't care for that q6 and are ok to run around with a q1 gun, I'm really really sad I'm not on the same server as you. In case of you finding high quality guns I would make a generous offer to you to exchange them for a q1 gun of the same type and even put a bag of marbles on top of the deal. :cocksure:

I mostly found schematics for mods and not mods, and I generally didn't find much of the ingredients needed to craft them. (Or didn't have the perk needed to do so.)

Possibly bad luck, but also possibly because I haven't played this version of the game since alpha 17.1, which is about when my group and I went back to a16.4. It's possible they upped mod spawns in 17.2 or we just had lousy luck with the spawns.

Generally it was our experience that we'd always have weapons with 1 or 2 more mod slots than we actually needed.

What I like to see changed and added to the options in the game menu -

1. Zombie block damage add a 0 in there as well then you have fully covered your whole player base allowing people to delectnthe different option that suits them. Some people don't believe zombies can destroy blocks. Others are happy with 25% 50% etc. This also Allows not having to mod it out

2. Zombie jump and have a true or false and can also habe a second option distance jumped in block lengths. Again this will cover the whole player base and allow people to truly select their own game styles fully and again allows having to not mod it out.

3. Loot drop of zombies - have options that state how often loot drops from zombies again this covers whole player base and allows them to chose which percentage they feel is appropriate for their game style and you habe covered all bases and allowed freedom of choice.

4. Zombie variance option - option 1 - all types (ie: radiated,feral,normal) option 2 - no radiated. Option 3 - No ferals . Option 4 - No radiated. No ferals. Etc

5. As an extension of number 4. Option 1 - if selected all types number of each type a z varies. If selected option 2 amount Of each varies. Select option 4 lots of normal zs (herds bigger hoardes)

6. Friendly animal amounts option where a player can choose how many he/she wants alive.

7. Enemy animals as same with number 6.

I mostly found schematics for mods and not mods, and I generally didn't find much of the ingredients needed to craft them. (Or didn't have the perk needed to do so.)

Possibly bad luck, but also possibly because I haven't played this version of the game since alpha 17.1, which is about when my group and I went back to a16.4. It's possible they upped mod spawns in 17.2 or we just had lousy luck with the spawns.

Generally it was our experience that we'd always have weapons with 1 or 2 more mod slots than we actually needed.

Ah, ok. We had no problem having at least the main weapon completely filled (even in A17.1), but armor mods were always scarce (but it's slightly different there as there is no bonus for a filled slot).

@TFP, how about this? Dyes of the same color do stack in weapons and they are more commonly found or there is a recipe for them.

There doesn't have to be anything new between experimental and stable; that's the whole point of having an experimental version first. You push the new content to experimental, and if it's stable, you push that tested content to stable. You don't usually push new content from an experimental build to a stable one, unless it's minor changes, because that stuff would go untested.

Wen is beta A18? Thx

If i understand the plans right arround end of the year (If you mean beta 1)

A18 short before

So far i understand/see it

A17.3 (mainly RWG improvements) March-june

A18 Experimental near christmas

A18 Stable if possible Christmas

Last A18 February-March

Then a few betas

Would mean somewhere arround summer next year 1.0

(hopefully followed by many free and not free DLC´s)

There doesn't have to be anything new between experimental and stable; that's the whole point of having an experimental version first. You push the new content to experimental, and if it's stable, you push that tested content to stable. You don't usually push new content from an experimental build to a stable one, unless it's minor changes, because that stuff would go untested.

Yes. The point of experimental is to test things publicly, with the people who choose to opt in, before everyone gets it as a stable version.

@Faatal:

First, thanks to whomever exposed hand positions in vehicles.xml. Would you mind also exposing feet, and possibly knee position as well? Right now some lower custom vehicles give the "Flintstone" effect, as seen in the photo below, and some more narrower vehicles have the PC bleed into the vehicle, and there's not a lot I can do about it without moving feet/knees around.

Please consider this, thanks!

tmp-Veh-Problems.png

- - - Updated - - -

...also, any tips you could give that would prevent the vehicle from shaking on the ground while sitting still would be great.

Feet are exposed and used on the bicycle pedals (IKFoot?Position, IKFoot?Rotation). I have only used them on those pedals, so they may not work in a vehicle without <property class="pedals">. Knee bending, leg position, is from the anims or IK, so I don't have direct control over that.

Physics stability can be a finicky thing. You would have try different values for the RigidBody and Wheel Collider components.

Archived