Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@Faatal:

First, thanks to whomever exposed hand positions in vehicles.xml. Would you mind also exposing feet, and possibly knee position as well? Right now some lower custom vehicles give the "Flintstone" effect, as seen in the photo below, and some more narrower vehicles have the PC bleed into the vehicle, and there's not a lot I can do about it without moving feet/knees around.

Please consider this, thanks!

tmp-Veh-Problems.png

- - - Updated - - -

...also, any tips you could give that would prevent the vehicle from shaking on the ground while sitting still would be great.

OK, my character is having a crisis. He needs help and a chiropractor, quickly!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27784[/ATTACH]

If higher level guns would be flat stronger, it would simply make lower tier guns worthless once the higher level guns show up. (leading to piles of non-usable lower level guns)

The current system of flat damage stats over the various levels, but the ability to add more mods and have lower maintainance costs is the better choice.

A16 literally already solved this problem but then people complained about the way it was done in that version too lol

In fact A17 has a lot bigger pile of worthless usable lower level guns than A16 ever did.

A16 literally already solved this problem but then people complained about the way it was done in that version too lol

In fact A17 has a lot bigger pile of worthless usable lower level guns than A16 ever did.

A16 gave you lots of gun parts that did absolutely nothing useful.

A17 gives you guns that go bang. You can call them useless but IMO a loaded gun is much better than 4 receivers and 1 stock.

That's true, but my definition of "useful" by definition, is something that you use. Once you have 10+ guns, all you are going to use is the high quality one. Unless you have a big team you play with perhaps.

You won't use the parts right away in A16 but virtually all of them did get used eventually once you found the other parts. Whereas excess guns don't get used ever, except for scrapping or selling. Since you can no longer combine to make better firearms. If that feature made a comeback, then the excess firearms would have a use again. Or if they had other uses, like crafting turrets with them, or weaponizing your colony (one can dream lol)

That's true, but my definition of "useful" by definition, is something that you use. Once you have 10+ guns, all you are going to use is the high quality one. Unless you have a big team you play with perhaps.

You won't use the parts right away in A16 but virtually all of them did get used eventually once you found the other parts. Whereas excess guns don't get used ever, except for scrapping or selling. Since you can no longer combine to make better firearms. If that feature made a comeback, then the excess firearms would have a use again.

Yep. I combined them in the workbench to boost the quality.

when i started the game it wasn't in a17 and i had a world i really liked not that high in level but i've had trouble trying to find a world i liked as much as that one but when i updated i lost my save. I think it was a16.4 i've still got the save file but it's in red. I would like to try going back and slowly updating but my internet is't the best and i do 1GB 45 minutes so it would take awhile but i don't know if it would fix the glitch as it says there is no game file? I am hoping you guys a who work at tell tale/fun pimps could let me know if back tracking the versions would fix my game file as it would save me 6 or 7 days of endless updates to do if it wont work?

Thanks

Dan

a glitch i found ive found loads

when i started the game it wasn't in a17 and i had a world i really liked not that high in level but i've had trouble trying to find a world i liked as much as that one but when i updated i lost my save. I think it was a16.4 i've still got the save file but it's in red. I would like to try going back and slowly updating but my internet is't the best and i do 1GB 45 minutes so it would take awhile but i don't know if it would fix the glitch as it says there is no game file? I am hoping you guys a who work at tell tale/fun pimps could let me know if back tracking the versions would fix my game file as it would save me 6 or 7 days of endless updates to do if it wont work?

Thanks

Dan

next glitch on one of my a17 worlds zombies stopped spawning but that's not the best bit the zombie were replaced by zombie bears and bears! it was amazing until the world broke :0 for instentens zbears squashed in walldrobes :smile-new:

While you guys are fixing the RGW. Can we get the ability to set spawn position through xml? pretty please!

It's already there. Spawning.xml in the worlds folder, which I believe in 17.2 is in the save folder.

- - - Updated - - -

done, xml is in the worlds folder near the savegames

Damn you french bread. :)

- - - Updated - - -

OK, my character is having a crisis. He needs help and a chiropractor, quickly!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27784[/ATTACH]

Might wanna see a doc about that. :)

I have to let this out; sorry if I sound nitpicky.

About the current shotgun reload disobeying mathematical laws...

No matter how many shells you fire, the character puts in two shells, "pumps" (rooster word not allowed) the gun, and magically the magazine has the max amount of shells (8). If the gun wasn't empty, meaning you'd just fill up a partially empty magazine, the pump action would also eject the shell currently in the chamber.

This was also one of my pet peeves in vanilla Doom 3. You would get two shells in the ammo counter for one put in the weapon.

But to do one upper tier quest I have to spend 10 Bandage and those Auto Healing RAD zombie (bug) and having not RAD Modifier make it impossible to do those.

Auto-healing may have been tuned down somewhat. Radiated have an awful amount of HPs, but auto-heal will only make a big difference if you try to kill 10 radiated at the same time and distribute your shots. At least that was my impression from a test with turned on HP display I did a week ago

Thanks

Dan

Yeah, A16 saves won't work with A17. If you want them you will have to go back to A16.

This won't help your download issues, but you can use the Mod Launcher to grab A16 from Steam, and run both versions simultaneously. You would still have to move your A16 saves into the Mod Launcher's A16 folder.

I've done that and it's working. (It's how I'm still able to play the War of the Walkers mod, which I still think is great.)

@madmole is possible to we get a custom panel to edit texture colors? i mean, we have 7 colors of concrete texture to paint, istead of make 1 of each color to chose just give us a color panel to change to what we want, i dont know if its possible but i would love to have custom colors. i dont know if u will get what i mean, but its like the color panel from lights, i just want it in textures.

@madmole is possible to we get a custom panel to edit texture colors? i mean, we have 7 colors of concrete texture to paint, istead of make 1 of each color to chose just give us a color panel to change to what we want, i dont know if its possible but i would love to have custom colors. i dont know if u will get what i mean, but its like the color panel from lights, i just want it in textures.

Or bring back the vibrant blue concrete and the bookshelf options.

Better still, allowing the paintbrush to 'copy' any colour/texture in the world....also the possibility of perhaps 'half' painting a face, like a 45 angle triangle of a full block and/or uploading/drawing simple icons/images to be used on the standard storage box (like a dollar sign for trader goods/cash or different sized guns for various gun storage).

In addition - possibly allowing arrows and some other alt-code/ascii to signs to allow greater variation when organising storage.

Wow! After over 1600 hours playing this game I finally know what a tree looks like and bugger me I can see grass!

I just put together my new PC and the first game I loaded up was of course 7DTD. Wow!

I never realised that the FPS numbers actually go green!

For the first time I’m able to appreciate the game as it was meant to be seen. I always thought that this was a very pretty game to look at but I never knew it looked this good.

FYI

RTX 2070

NVMe drive

SSD drive

Wow! Just wow!

Wow! After over 1600 hours playing this game I finally know what a tree looks like and bugger me I can see grass!

I just put together my new PC and the first game I loaded up was of course 7DTD. Wow!

For the first time I’m able to appreciate the game as it was meant to be seen. I always thought that this was a very pretty game to look at but I never knew it looked this good.

FYI

RTX 2070

NVMe drive

SSD drive

Wow! Just wow!

Hehe welcome to the real world. I bought a gaming rig around Christmas last year.. perfect!

FYI

RTX 2070

NVMe drive

SSD drive

Wow! Just wow!

Up the wow some more and add the hd texture pack and the particle mod in and smoke those eyes.

I really enjoy the new changes and upcoming features:

But I think it is more important to take care of the still existing issues:

• proper 3D plants instead of the really old 2D ones (1, 2)
  • more detailed textures. (1, 2, 3, 4)
  • better looking character textures (1)

Some other stuff which I think is important, too:

• performance improvements, especially when playing in multiplayer, with a lot of zombies or on a big RWG map
  • updated shaders to work with Vulkan so it can be used
  • regular Unity updates

That would greatly improve the game! I know how important new content is, but I think at least some of your staff should concentrate on the old stuff/issues. New content could always be added in the future. Let's take care what is already in the game and improve that.

Nevertheless thank you guys for this great game and the ongoing work on it.

Archived