Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

On the subject of significant positive changes:

The recently added blood moon frequency settings are a game changer. I'm trying a new playthrough style right now, and in addition to other changes, I have blood moon settings that are both incredibly infrequent and incredibly random. I think it's set to a base two weeks with a random offset of seven days (maybe both are even higher, can't remember now).

I love what this does to the game. Blood moons are no longer something you can reliably plan for. You don't know when they're coming, so they're like a sword of Damocles hanging over your head. Plus, since they're so far apart, the blood moons themselves are perceived as being far more destructive when they finally do arrive. You can't judge one blood moon by the previous, since your game stage has increased so much in that time..

3 cheers for random blood moon.

They must build a build to have something to test. He said some of the pimps have started work on A18.

actually he means for design and POI Editors, because apparently developers are not doing anything for A18, and by that mean nothing is done on A18. Designers and POI editor are much ahead than developer.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing A-17.2. I got killed and now I can't find my backpack. I went back to the area that I lost it, to the very spot in fact but it's no longer there.

Also playing SP.

Now you are implying that zombie become thief ...

- - - Updated - - -

Now you are implying that zombie become thief ...

lol. No. A killer yes but a thief? No. But introducing something like that has been talked about in the past. Like your dead body rises up as a zombie with your stuff still on it and if you want it back you have to kill it.

Wow, this place is dead. We need something here... I know. Hey Roland. Maybe you could start teaching math here on the forum. It will be just like your job! ;)

This place is dead as A18 place is alive now... so much for waiting for a17 for a year+

You're trolling... Right Sillls?

Trolling with the light issue? What makes you say that?

- - - Updated - - -

I know what happens when trolling Roland. But I still haven`t seen what happens if you troll with Roland. Go on sills.

Why thankyou. I do try. ;)

I would continue in it but Roland seems to have already been stunned into silence by my superior cutting wit ;)

Hey Roland. Maybe you could start teaching math here on the forum.

Wow, are you a square. If you can't differentiate between topics integral to this forum and tangents which only add to the divisions between users, well, that's a bad sin.

Wow, are you a square. If you can't differentiate between topics integral to this forum and tangents which only add to the divisions between users, well, that's a bad sin.

I think that sills counts on Roland being an integral part of this website and it eventually adding all up to being on topic on average.

I think that sills counts on Roland being an integral part of this website and it eventually adding all up to being on topic on average.

Roland is a factor, sure, but he has to associate with users who are irregular, irrational, and mean in no small fraction.

Roland is a factor, sure, but he has to associate with users who are irregular, irrational, and mean in no small fraction.

Such users are a prime example why we have to fight the root instead of circling around the problem. In other words we need an alternate angle to factor in their disjunct opinions and find a common set. Ultimately to transcend the separation or they might spiral out of control.

As this thread is the biggest in our community (51k + posts/replies, 9mil views), I think it all went well. Took long time to cope with the anxiety, some sort of unknown behaviour that is yet to be found by science, lots of fun in between.

Roland is doing great job.

so.. how is this going? :)

being honest I'm specifically anxious to play the RWG update, are we somewhat near it? soon™?

I am keeping close tabs on this as well; I run a fan server for our channel and I have people asking near daily when the next update is coming out, which is when we are holding of restarting our map. (we are still running that "island" map from an earlier iteration).

I am ok with waiting, I just hope the new RWG that comes out is close to the "final product" in terms of major features RWG is going to have. Roads, improved terrain/rivers, and mostly good POI blends is what I am looking forward to. A map gets pretty stale when the same building is repeated over and over in some areas.

As this thread is the biggest in our community (51k + posts/replies, 9mil views), I think it all went well. Took long time to cope with the anxiety, some sort of unknown behaviour that is yet to be found by science, lots of fun in between.

Roland is doing great job.

giphy.gif

MADMOLE stated before they "watched some servers" and after some time, like 30 days or some such, the players had barely explored any of the map. This has not been the case for ours, and I would like to share the maps to 2 of our servers. These are fresh maps from 17.2 release, so they are like a week old.

53403643_364458754152944_2361795558223380480_n.jpg.16b0441732c26ad472c32b15081b720e.jpg

these maps are "8k" maps. meaning it's 4000 blocks from 0,0 in any direction. However, the invisible radzone is only at about 3800. Essentially these maps are pretty tiny, especially when you have 15-30 people on a night like we do.

But, I know I know, it's only meant for 8 people or less, but the game is way more fun with more people. If we make a larger map, it takes so long for people to connect that most will time out and can never connect at all, not to mention it takes hours to render it for creation.

I just wanted to show you that a server populated with lots of people, is going to have the map uncovered very quickly.

For our community, we are anxiously awaiting the RWG patch, and optimizations, and we pray that the devs will consider better MP support for more than 8 people. This game is amazing with a large community.

51991362_300715953962105_7794824935922204672_n.jpg.475c50b9e4593d6f491c3662c2097f4e.jpg

As has already been explained to you multiple times you can expect no mod support from TFP other than whatever new aspects of the game they choose to expose to xml and the notes and tips written in the xmls that strive to give modders a rough understanding. Until such time as TFP turns their full attention to modding which won't happen until after the gold release of the unmodded game, this answer won't change Statis. This is the "figure it out yourself if you wish to mod" era of the game. If you want to mod but do not want to dive in and try and figure it out then your option is to use the mods of others and wait to do what you want to do until after the gold release.

There are no modders who have a special relationship or endorsement from TFP. In fact, Xyth, SylenThunder, Crater Creator, and OzHawkeye (as well as myself to a lesser degree) all create mods and are forum moderators and receive no special treatment or information for modding from TFP despite their obvious "in" as moderators. If having officially endorsed modders really was a thing, TFP would take the initiative to announce who these individuals were much like TFP did with the streamers. TFP has no reason to hide or keep secret a supposed "inner circle" of modders. In truth, modders come and go just as players do. Some tire of having to update their mods and others lose interest in the game.

If you personally find the barrier to break into modding 7 Days to Die to be too high then your only recourse is to wait until after gold when true mod support on the level you are looking for begins. Otherwise, you'll have to watch tutorials and read tips and helps from non TFP sources just like everyone else.

Archived