Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I just read the new patch notes for Alpha 17.2. does this mean its stable or is it still experimental?

depends on your version of stable, if you mean it doesnt crash every 2 mins but has exact same bugs as experimental then yeah.. its stable. rwg what many ( not tfp ) consider a major feature is broken as heck and is on the back burner like a console update.

Latest tweet from Joel

Am I the only one thinking this is a backwards way of doing rivers? I'm not really seeing any rivers in that picture. I'm seeing something that could be described as a tidal delta or, with a bit more height, a fjord... possibly... with a bit of a squint... a canal.

Wouldn't it make more sense to fix water physics before trying to make rivers?

There's the general assumption that a river flows downhill. With the island terrain we now have it would have made sense for a river to flow from high points in the middle to the surrounding ocean. I kind of thought one of the reasons that a huge splatmap was used is because it's far easier to generate water flowing from high to low with a pre-generated map (just follow the darkest neighbouring pixel) than it is to do it on-the-fly.

depends on your version of stable, if you mean it doesnt crash every 2 mins but has exact same bugs as experimental then yeah.. its stable. rwg what many ( not tfp ) consider a major feature is broken as heck and is on the back burner like a console update.

Small info you might have missed: Either Madmole or Roland (or both?) said recently that Kinjaaju (the RWG guy) and a graphics guy are working fulltime on RWG at the moment to get it ready for A17.x or A18 (depending on their progress).

Am I the only one thinking this is a backwards way of doing rivers? I'm not really seeing any rivers in that picture. I'm seeing something that could be described as a tidal delta or, with a bit more height, a fjord... possibly... with a bit of a squint... a canal.

MM talks about lakes and rivers and shows a picture of only a lake.

rwg what many ( not tfp ) consider a major feature is broken as heck and is on the back burner like a console update.

What a load of horse♥♥♥♥. Literally 5 posts above yours (never mind several others in this thread) is a link to a picture of the state of RWG development. Besides gun parts and fjords it's the most-talked about issue lately. Read moar, cry less.

ooooh....is that an emoji timeline?!?!?!

Put down the pictograms and step away from the keyboard... we don't want any trouble like last time!

Who am I kidding? It was hilarious watching everyone get over-invested in a handful of pixels. :-)

Hello! I had a few thoughts I wanted to share. Just some things that sort of bug me.

Why don't "Can of Boiled Water" stack? This takes up so much room, and cooking it takes forever because you have to constantly check on it to empty the output and add new cans. Yet Water Bottles stack. I'd even be happy with it stacking to only 5.

Could you please Move Chat window higher to the corner? Where it is now is so very much in the way!

I've wanted this for a long time now, could you make Forges & Campfires able to be locked?. (so people can use your forge / campfire but not be able to steal your anvil or cooking pot)

Please put Bookcase back into the Paint Menu!

With the new "punch to harvest" mechanic for farming, plants at Traders are inaccessible.

Finally, I personally believe that LCBs should prevent loot containers from respawning loot. (vending machines excluded)

What a load of horse♥♥♥♥. Literally 5 posts above yours (never mind several others in this thread) is a link to a picture of the state of RWG development. Besides gun parts and fjords it's the most-talked about issue lately. Read moar, cry less.

Someone missed the memo. This is a cry cry thread :)

Kinyajuu's number 1 task is RWG. He has made 7 different RWG commits this week.

I'm not making any assumptions, just thought it was cool that they have an a18 build

Yes A18 is underway. We are on A18 b9. Some changes, mostly bug fixes, to A18 get branched back to A17 for the next A17 version.

Archived