Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Can you put it as before? the 4th map that I have this problem, and that it downloads again 2 times It was fine before the randomly generated world, with this last update I only get these POIs that have nothing, it is boring to see them everywhere, in spite of everything I love the job that you guys are doing, hopefully, it will be repaired soon

try this temp fix

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?101032-rwg-modlet-to-decrease-rubbled-buildings-until-it-gets-fixed&p=910345#post910345

This is a long standing issue with alt-tabbing when playing full screen. I think it's a memory leak issue. Not all games are alt-tab friendly, and some are quite hostile about it.

I reported what I believe is the same bug, back in b199:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread&p=881658#post881658

As I said in that post, it also existed in A16, I'm just surprised it still exists in the new game engine/graphics overhaul.

Can you tell me how you know it's related to alt-tabbing? Is there an early bug report about it somewhere?

I do occasionally alt-tab out of 7D2D (mainly if I forget to put Zone Alarm to "game mode" beforehand) but not often, and I don't know if they're actually related. I have sporadically encountered this bug a huge number of times.

Once on the vehicle, use left-mouse-click and it changes from using A & D to steer (where the mouse makes you look around) and then using the mouse to steer.

Wow, thank you so much! I love that feature, I just wish that it was a little more intuitive.

The current system is good for team play and it is also good for solo play as long as the player isn't in a rush to get to the top.

I respect your opinion, but there is a big flaw in it.

The entire point of the game is to "get to the top," where "top" means "I can be safe from zombies and not die." That is what drives the perception of progression in a game without a storyline.

The alternative is to view death in-game as trivial, in which case there's no sense of threat, and no urge for any kind of progression at all. You might as well be playing the original Doom, and 7D2D is not supposed to be that kind of game.

So, you can't criticize players for "power leveling" when leveling is pretty much the entire point. They're playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

That said: I agree with you 100% about the new attributes/perks system, and the lack of level gating. It does give players more choice, and that's a good thing. They'll still be "power leveling" but they'll be able to power level their way.

My current issue is that it's nearly impossible to level simply by mining or crafting. But that's a balance issue that TFP are already aware of, and working on, so I have faith it will be better by the time stable hits.

EDIT: Actually I still do have an issue, which is - what do you do once you do what the game is driving you to do, and "get to the top?" It's like you've won the game but are still playing it.

I don't have any solution to that, though, without fundamentally changing the nature of the game itself. So that's more of a philosophical question than a critique.

I respect your opinion, but there is a big flaw in it.

The entire point of the game is to "get to the top," where "top" means "I can be safe from zombies and not die." That is what drives the perception of progression in a game without a storyline.

EDIT: Actually I still do have an issue, which is - what do you do once you do what the game is driving you to do, and "get to the top?" It's like you've won the game but are still playing it.

I don't have any solution to that, though, without fundamentally changing the nature of the game itself. So that's more of a philosophical question than a critique.

i think you're destined to die eventually, your gamestage will keep increasing until you no longer keep surviving those BMs whether its day 70 or 700. You can only challenge yourself to see how far will you reach

I think a Hardcore mode should be an option, Die and your present character resets back to level 1 no perks and fresh inventory, you can still reach the old base your old self had, but it's locked and you have to break in or something. or just wipe the chunk.

At the moment , when i die i just delete the world and start over.

Take Elite:Dangerous path to deal with this, Die and you can't afford to rebuy your ship (character), then you'll be declared bankrupt and have to start all over from scratch.

Can we have Yucca give 1 food with 2 water, maybe it don't give max stamina/heath (don't remember which one it was) to 2 as it does now but only 1.

In my last 2-3 random gen, I see there is very little POI in Desert and they are all alone. The only fruit you get is yucca, which give you food posioning if you eat a lot, but it give you water only. We eat to gain water only. And there is nothing to eat in desert. which is natural. I guess each biome should have one such eat/drink item. if one is not possible make 2 different fruit for each biome. I am starving to death in my both game when in desert on day one.. Plus, since we cannot good without cooking pot, and desert has only snake which are easier to kill but give low meat. Surviving is comparatively too challenging, and it is not player choice to start there or waste land. Some player get forest and some on wasteland and desert, and it make it hard for them and imbalance a little which effect a MP game.

Can we have Yucca give 1 food with 2 water, maybe it don't give max stamina/heath (don't remember which one it was) to 2 as it does now but only 1.

In my last 2-3 random gen, I see there is very little POI in Desert and they are all alone. The only fruit you get is yucca, which give you food posioning if you eat a lot, but it give you water only. We eat to gain water only. And there is nothing to eat in desert. which is natural. I guess each biome should have one such eat/drink item. if one is not possible make 2 different fruit for each biome. I am starving to death in my both game when in desert on day one.. Plus, since we cannot good without cooking pot, and desert has only snake which are easier to kill but give low meat. Surviving is comparatively too challenging, and it is not player choice to start there or waste land. Some player get forest and some on wasteland and desert, and it make it hard for them and imbalance a little which effect a MP game.

Honestly I think they real change needed here, is to not spawn a new player in the desert or snow biomes - in most games I tend to restart if I'm not spawned in the forest.

Although that's what I liked about the RWG in the previous experimental builds - you spawn in the snow, head south, spawn in the desert, head north - now god knows where the forest is.

A17 stable WITH night vision.

FIXED

Feels so clunky right now, it used to play so smooth. Tap toggles mining hat, hold for flashlight. Now it's tap for flashlight, hold opens menu, stops character, select mining hat light with mouse. Clunky. And the metallic foil effect is hard to look at. Hope it gets fixed soon, used to be my fav item in whole game.

I respect your opinion, but there is a big flaw in it. The entire point of the game is to "get to the top," where "top" means "I can be safe from zombies and not die."

Lemme fix that for you...

"The entire point of the game for me is to "get to the top," where "top" means "I can be safe from zombies and not die."

Honestly I think they real change needed here, is to not spawn a new player in the desert or snow biomes - in most games I tend to restart if I'm not spawned in the forest.

Although that's what I liked about the RWG in the previous experimental builds - you spawn in the snow, head south, spawn in the desert, head north - now god knows where the forest is.

Either that or maybe offer an option on the Go to Trader part for; 1) Nearest or 2) Temperate Zone Traitor

Lemme fix that for you...

"The entire point of the game for me is to "get to the top," where "top" means "I can be safe from zombies and not die."

Yah, that would be a pretty short game.... Day 3 max you win. Get to the top of any of the tallest buildings and you are safe from zombies...

Forge locked behind level 10. I like this compromise! :D This is good news, great stuff tfp!

Agreed. There are some very interesting notes in this release. This time I'm reserving all opinions until I get in and make it to day 7. Looking forward to it. Thank you for the hard work Pimps and Testers. It's not easy during the holidays but here you guys are still knocking it out of the park, my opinions aside ;)

Guys, can From The Shadows perk be useful while mining underground? I'm mining close to or at bedrock and only with iron or steels tools, no auger (I admit I'm worried that zombies might hear me depending on the deep I'm at because it can vary a lot). I can't find that very needed iron ore, so if perk works I could start mining a little bit close to the surface.

Archived