Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi, my a13 save doesn't work and your company sucks because you devs are too lazy to fix it, and that's why no one buys your game anymore; I've seen the steam reviews so I know, so I'm leaving and never returning. If you listened to me, you'd all be profit sharing millionaires because I took some gwbasic classes back in the 80's so I have a VERY good understanding of how to make games!

gorilla.bas for life!

z dmg from what i saw got cut to 45% from 100% bonus dmg if multiple hit same block. There was a video of a mostly cobble/some concrete base with a couple rows of spikes that held out pretty well on day 7 horde..I can link and time stamp if you want.

I'm genuinely curious of this - our first two horde nights plays of B119 (technically 3 since we logged out after midnight on day 7 only to log back in to another horde) had zeds punch through a few reinforced concrete blocks which was a little surprising given our levels (as well as actively avoid spikes...that was clever). I have videos on my Youtube/Twitch if anyone cares to watch.

You should not be using anything from A16. You should be starting new games for each experimental build unless we state otherwise. If you don't you will get bugs from old data.

Like my 19 bears per house lol waiting till the next update to wipe it though.

This will get me roasted (heh) but IMO you shouldn't be able to make any food item which has 0% food poisoning chance until you've bought the first level of Master Chef. Char your meat, boil your tin cans of water, have your fried eggs and cornbread, whateva. If you can make it without the perk, it might make you sick.

First level of perk = "Oh, so THAT's how safe food handling works."

Well, that's really just another way of saying: "Play the game how you like".

When will alpha 17 be released. I'm dying to play it.

Once they work out the major bugs in the experimental release then it will be released for the masses. If you want to play the experimental version, opt into the experimental on the beta tab of the property page. IMO, it is an amazing update.

Can you put it as before? the 4th map that I have this problem, and that it downloads again 2 times It was fine before the randomly generated world, with this last update I only get these POIs that have nothing, it is boring to see them everywhere, in spite of everything I love the job that you guys are doing, hopefully, it will be repaired soon

00000002.thumb.jpg.8d951d65898343af5a540fb859affd99.jpg

00000001.thumb.jpg.df48153452ae69f243cc2079a08bd5fa.jpg

Hi, my a13 save doesn't work and your company sucks because you devs are too lazy to fix it, and that's why no one buys your game anymore; I've seen the steam reviews so I know, so I'm leaving and never returning. If you listened to me, you'd all be profit sharing millionaires because I took some gwbasic classes back in the 80's so I have a VERY good understanding of how to make games!

gorilla.bas for life!

Guppy. Can you please stop posting. Almost everything you post DEMANDS a response from me, and that response is always some form of sexual harassment on my part. This one is "Can I have your babies"

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but the new driving system is way too difficult. I really liked using the mouse or right thumbstick to steer while using the left thumb stick/W/S keys for throttle.

Is there any way to change it back to the way it was before this last update?

gorilla.bas for life!

I didn’t start till 14 so guess I’ll stick around.

This will get me roasted (heh) but IMO you shouldn't be able to make any food item which has 0% food poisoning chance until you've bought the first level of Master Chef. Char your meat, boil your tin cans of water, have your fried eggs and cornbread, whateva. If you can make it without the perk, it might make you sick.

First level of perk = "Oh, so THAT's how safe food handling works."

You're my hero. I was wondering what I could post to the dev/QA chat tomorrow to piss off Kumquat or Shwaanz and earn a poo emoji and now you've given it to me. BRAVA!

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but the new driving system is way too difficult. I really liked using the mouse or right thumbstick to steer while using the left thumb stick/W/S keys for throttle.

Edit: Sometimes the old way of steering does work when I get on my motorcycle. I can't figure out why sometimes it's the way I like and sometimes it isn't.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Once on the vehicle, use left-mouse-click and it changes from using A & D to steer (where the mouse makes you look around) and then using the mouse to steer.

I did a fresh install last night of the latest experimental. The landscape looks like minecraft with steps instead of slopes. Is that a bug?

I think you're probably talking about the actual terrain, right? Not video settings like blurry textures or water detail. There was a post several pages back, from Kinyajuu (a developer). The RWG engine is one of the more "experimental" parts of this experimental build at the moment.

See here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=908665#post908665

(Edit: Hmm...maybe nevermind. If like every hill is block-stepped then that's not just a slightly old/weird RWG engine. I don't see any of that...)

You're my hero. I was wondering what I could post to the dev/QA chat tomorrow to piss off Kumquat or Shwaanz and earn a poo emoji and now you've given it to me. BRAVA!

I presume the poo emoji is used by dev/QA to indicate approval and appreciation for brilliant ideas? :encouragement:

But srsly, the cost to specialize in not-cooking has to be non-trivial. Knowing that all of the "me survivor, me know how make fire, make food hot" foods are slightly dangerous (and not really that dangerous*) is a non-trivial cost to spending that point on getting a forge which as we all know is The Only Thing That Matters.

*Next poo idea: make food poisoning a bit more serious. Like 20 max stamina for 30 in-game minutes. <ducks>

well... only if you gate Master Chef with, "How to Wash Your Hands" Perk :)

sadly, it now seems like that -needs- to be added to the K-12 curriculum... as well as Safe Food Handling. Chewing with your Mouth Closed. Remedial, every 2 weeks?, Lower Your Phone & Look Both Ways Before Crossing The Street.

and apparently a huge one; How to Count Change.

Just chatted w a gym manager, asked why they no longer accept cash. He said one of the main reasons was the young employees simply can not count change so the drawers were always wrong.

Idiocracy. 'Hey! We're almost there!' :D

Archived