Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

What makes no sense is that there is no toilet in the room, or at least a bucket the women could have used

actually its self explanatory... they barred themselves into a room and forgot the door. :) this is why some zombies are stupid.

hey RD... my reply was for the quote you quoted on ->This building inside makes no sense, how did (or does) anyone supposed to have entered and exit ?

There no door or entrance hatch to this room.<-

Why is it the zombies only comes from one direction on horde night? Has it always been like that? I think it would be tougher if the zombies came from all directions at the same time.

They come from a 90 degree arc on a shared path grid, which is a limited and expensive resource. I'm planning on doing a change that does a 180 direction change for different groups.

I think either approach could be taken. The random hordes? Yeah I can see that, literal "horde mentality" may exist in whatever state their minds are in.

But in terms of the "Blood moon", it is some kind of supernatural force that drives them into a enhanced state, and directly to where you are unprovoked. I think it would be as likely they would come from all directions as it is in one cluster. Whatever drives them to you would send zombies your way from any direction, or a random group just happens to be in the area and triggered to run your way. It would be harder to defend against, but it would add a sense of panic having to defend multiple points of contact.

Perhaps a mode or a mod down the road? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great idea about the Blood Moon... That was also my interpretation of it as well. That it's not normal, and how would they all know where I was even when I'm not running anything to produce heat? Supernatural weird blood moon fills in that story gap nicely. And I agree, if I'm now a zombie magnet for day 7 horde, then they should come from all directions, with a larger mass horde coming from 2 or more directions maybe (on night 21+)

So - imagine 30 zombies coming at the house from random directions, but a larger mass of zombies coming in from the west because they were attracted by the commotion of the blood moon zombies. Then a 2nd herd picks up the noise being produced by the first herd, and comes in from the south. etc. Would be awesome.

Out of curiousity; (I mistakenly asked this over in the bug reporting thread)

I was told that looting chances were going to be very low in terms of quality, so I wanted to ask what, if anything does the Lucky Looter stat or Looting chance affect? Is it even worth investing points into it if it's just to always deliver poor quality items?

I've got 4 perk points in Lucky Looter

Lucky Goggles

Level 70 and Gamestage 100+

But as a result I only recieve grey to orange quality items.

Conversely I've got 4 levels in the Bartering perk and I consistently see blue/purple quality items appearing in the trader's stores.

Someone mentioned already but haven't seen a reply yet, ? to question if someone went one to many decimal places on pricing?

T1 Hunting Rifle at ~50% Durability sell price of $20. Fully repaired $40.

Repair Kit sell price $37.

T1 Pistol ~half dura sells for $10. Can of Chili sells for $12.

Edit: these are Sell prices from within backpack. Haven't actually sold to Traitor yet so if it's just a backpack thing, apologies :)

try the useroptions file Red, works good for me.

mine in the UserOptions.ini file located in the base saves folder my case .../AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/

mine hasnt reset since i changed it.. i do not change it via console command.

I put a bug report on this: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99358-Alpha-17-Experimental-B221-bug-reporting-thread&p=901631&viewfull=1#post901631

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

nice going i'll see what i come up with on it.

I don't have this problem, my 'E' key works after I enable HUD again (single player).

Good information.

So, after cheking, it's true if you do nothing between the 2 F7 (press F7, press F7 again, open a box, it works). But if you press F7, hit something (a tree, a zombie or an boring accountant - I love pleonasms), press F7 and... it doesn't work anymore.

Archived