Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

have to say, I spent my last hour just testing stuff in debug mode. A lot of stuff improved, including small things that I didn't see mentioned (vehicle wheels :D)

there's a bug - already reported - with the chainsaw. 77 block damage with a 9x bonus against wood.. Gazz please :p

I just read some opinions on how balance changes didn't go as people expected. I can't talk for others but I guess it's a good time to say I liked most of them. Weapon damage now has very similar values to what I modded before. Only a difference in stone-iron-steel arrows/bolts, as I like a bit higher differences between those. The use of +- base damage instead of perc_add (on ranged weapons) also appeals me, makes bonuses from perks have their effects more in line with what players expect.

On the zombie speed topic, this made it much simpler to reduce the disparity between day and night/ferals. I wanted that for a while.

Honestly, it's my first time playing an experimental version and I like how it's going. I'm impressed by how much you have been working, giving the times for those updates and how many builds get uploaded every day. Thanks guys :)

Fine, but the perks, like Miner 69er ONLY affect the power attack. Do they think ANY of this ♥♥♥♥ through before implementing it?

I've not tested this, but looking at the XML miner69 only increases block damage, no mention of whether it's for power attack only: <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".3,1.5" level="1,5" />

And checking localisation, it simply states block damage is increased for the description.

Summary: After using a power attack, stamina does not even start to regen until after 3+ seconds after the last power attack.

Version: b221

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: SP (mp host unlisted)

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: Previous builds, you could hold down power attack and stamina would regen like normal and you'd hit 0 stamina and then produce another power attack once enough stamina has regenerated. Now, not only does stamina NOT regen AT ALL if you hold power attack, there is now a 3+ second delay after each single power attack until stamina will start regenerating again. Literally billions of your your customers are complaining about you nerfing stamina, and now you nerf it even more? Really?

Reproduce steps: Power attack. Notice that it takes 3+ seconds for your stamina to start regenerating again. This was NOT mentioned on the patch notes, so I'm assuming it's a bug, especially since this is someone that nobody was asking for.

Actual result: Stamina stops regenerating for 3+ seconds after using power attack.

Expected result: Like previous builds, stamina should regen no matter what you are doing in regards to attacking. Now if you hold power attack and don't release, stamina will NEVER regen. Now if you use a single power attack and release, stamina won't even start regenerating for 3+ seconds. This alpha in previous builds was "7 Days to Stamina Regeneration" but is now more like "28 Days to Stamina Regeneration."

You need to stop posting these fake bug reports that are actually angry feedback posts dressed up in the bug report format. I moved this one to the discussion thread where it should have been posted to begin with. The changelog says that stamina regeneration delay has been applied. This should have been more specific but it is in regards to power attacks. In 208 everyone just used the power attack. Now the regular attack has been improved and the power attack has been altered so that it cannot be spammed to the exclusion of all else. This is intended. It is not a bug and it is an improvement for having varied and interesting melee combat.

Fine, but the perks, like Miner 69er ONLY affect the power attack. Do they think ANY of this ♥♥♥♥ through before implementing it?

Miner 69er has been changed to affect the regular attack because they did think this ♥♥♥♥ through. Your anger has caused you to post before actually playing and testing the new build. There will be some adaptations again but they are for the the better.

What are the speeds in relation to our movement?

For walk, job, sprint, nightmare?

Also if you were gonna do this, you should make a "random" one with everything in one without knowing what you're getting. That would be fun to play.

From What I can Tell:

Walk - Normal Zombie Walk

Jog - Similar to Human Walk Speed

Run - Normal Zombie Run

Sprint - Similar to Human Run Speed

Nightmare - Faster than Humans

What are the speeds in relation to our movement?

For walk, job, sprint, nightmare?

Also if you were gonna do this, you should make a "random" one with everything in one without knowing what you're getting. That would be fun to play.

i second this, people run at all different speeds depending on fitness and such (i personally cant get past walking speed on my stubby feet) so why shouldnt the zombies have a random speed option? equality for all! zombie or human or flying guinea pig!

i second this, people run at all different speeds depending on fitness and such (i personally cant get past walking speed on my stubby feet) so why shouldnt the zombies have a random speed option? equality for all! zombie or human or flying guinea pig!

I think it was mentioned by faatal that zombies with slight speed variations between them was planned.

I think it was mentioned by faatal that zombies with slight speed variations between them was planned.

As far as I know - they've always had slight differences in speed. You can see (or modify) the speed values of each zombie in the EntityClasses.xml. Many of them move at slightly different speeds. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. When I made my leveling mod - I had literally thousands of versions of each zombie and incremented that speed value for each level and it worked just fine. You could do a 'random' one - the same way by just making multiple versions of the same zed and only giving it slightly different movespeed numbers then just add all the new ones you made to the spawn groups.

From What I can Tell:

Walk - Normal Zombie Walk

Jog - Similar to Human Walk Speed

Run - Normal Zombie Run

Sprint - Similar to Human Run Speed

Nightmare - Faster than Humans

Sprint is Normal zombie run speed from what they said the other day, everything lower is slower than normal, Nightmare is faster.

Table saw model is too small... it looks like a children's toy than a proper woodcutting equipment. It looks out of place compared to all other game workstations. It should be at least 0.5 blocks higher than it is and occupy 1x1x1 meter space fully. It looks OK when you're standing on 1/2 slabs.

0ApUoy0.png

I read a lot but don't post often... I just want to say:

AWESOME game... it still is... after 2500+ hours in this game. Keep up the good work FP and everyone who is so commited and addicted to this game. I dont worry to much about the changes. I just take it how it's coming, I just have fun playing the game, it's as simple as it is.

Can't wait till the next builds or updates. Cheers

Oh: One complain: Can u please bring up the new builds about 6 hours later? Now I am enjoying everything I read but I can't play cause I still have work a few hours. So if the build comes out a few hours later I can go home and start right away ;)

Anyway. THANKS AND KEEP IT UP !

Archived