Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Game options suggestion:

Put a global modifier on XP granted, no matter the source. Folks who want to level slower set their game/server to, say, 0.5 while folks who just want to race through to endgame levels might want theirs set to 1.5.

In b208, for example, I'd find myself getting 4+ levels on BM nights and at least a level per quest POI. That's a bit fast for my taste, but might suit others fine.

I've played several turn-based strategy games with a research speed setting like this and it works great.

Game options suggestion:

Put a global modifier on XP granted, no matter the source. Folks who want to level slower set their game/server to, say, 0.5 while folks who just want to race through to endgame levels might want theirs set to 1.5.

In b208, for example, I'd find myself getting 4+ levels on BM nights and at least a level per quest POI. That's a bit fast for my taste, but might suit others fine.

I've played several turn-based strategy games with a research speed setting like this and it works great.

That would be perfect. Probably the easiest way. Those of use that know the xmls can just go to progression and make it less/more xp per level for that same effect. Otherwise you are changing a lot of variables, lol.

---edited---

I may actually do that before too long at least for the experimental builds.

Game options suggestion:

! Oh yes :thumb:

i like that idea

Game options suggestion:

That would be perfect. Probably the easiest way. Those of use that know the xmls can just go to progression and make it less/more xp per level for that same effect. Otherwise you are changing a lot of variables, lol.

---edited---

I may actually do that before too long at least for the experimental builds.

Rather than edit each source of XP in the XML files, you can just make a new skill that is automatically applied (you don't need to level it up) which gives you an XP modifier for most things. I used it in A16 and it worked quite well.

Rather than edit each source of XP in the XML files, you can just make a new skill that is automatically applied (you don't need to level it up) which gives you an XP modifier for most things. I used it in A16 and it worked quite well.

That would work too, though would need to know how to add it that way. I was meaning just xp needed to lvl up being that it's just one line and is near the top.

Can devs explain what's the use of power attacks now? If they use more than double stamina (in case of a iron fireaxe 200% more stamina!!!) plus a 1.5-2 s pause in stamina regeneration (an additional 15-20 stamina) just for 2x the damage and no extra benefits?

there are new interactions with power attacks on stunned targets. Those get an extra layer of bonus damage.

In summary now you use normal attacks and place a power atk in specific situations to deal a huge blow. It's like a combo or whatever.

there are new interactions with power attacks on stunned targets. Those get an extra layer of bonus damage.

Are you sure about that? XML doesn't list any buffs applied to zombies on secondary attack. Nor is it even possible to use a power attack on knocked down zombie since it takes longer for an attack to trigger than for zombie to get up.

From playing for a few in-game days using power and regular attacks I see absolutely no benefits in power attacks using clubs. And definitely they are counter productive on axes and picks.

Can devs explain what's the use of power attacks now? If they use 50% more stamina for clubs and 200% more for axes and picks, plus a 1.5-2 s pause in stamina regeneration (an additional 15-20 stamina) just for 2x the damage and no extra benefits?

The melee weapon perks also focus mainly on improving the power attacks, so while they're less useful in the early game, they're probably pretty devastating once perked up. It's better this way; in the previous build I power attacked every single time for everything, be it harvesting or attacking, without ever using the left click.

The melee weapon perks also focus mainly on improving the power attacks, so while they're less useful in the early game, they're probably pretty devastating once perked up. It's better this way; in the previous build I power attacked every single time for everything, be it harvesting or attacking, without ever using the left click.

That's exactly why I'm asking. What was the intention of power attacks? Some mods had it in A16 and it was useful but situational. For example, early game it was life extension of a tool that can not be repaired. Or a guaranteed knock down of a dangerous zombie in a confined space. Or saving time mining or looting.

As it stands, unfortunately, power attacks are useless.

That's exactly why I'm asking. What was the intention of power attacks? Some mods had it in A16 and it was useful but situational. For example, early game it was life extension of a tool that can not be repaired. Or a guaranteed knock down of a dangerous zombie in a confined space. Or saving time mining or looting.

As it stands, unfortunately, power attacks are useless.

knock em down, smash em up combo. or just use power attack to knock em down. Also aoe attack after perking. I think most new features make more sense after perking up

So Bugs previously reported and not listed in known issues are being ignored? Anyone know this?

I can't imagine their bug list really being that short. If you look at bug lists of open source projects of comparable size you see hundreds and hundreds of bugs (though many unconfirmed or duplicate) and feature requests in their bug trackers.

This known issues list just looks like a list of some prominent bugs and features. Previous lists of known issues had obvious omissions too.

Archived