Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

i cant care less about meanings and specially strange ones

I played the alpha 369 Hours and i am on arround 12 Kilometers of tunnels

I am pissed and if i would not be able to mod it i would have deinstalled the game 10 minutes ago

I really feel like you're playing another game than us. Something like "7 days spent digging in the sand and moaning". Get out of your hole and enjoy the work done on the game. And wipe your feet, you put sand everywhere.:becky:

By the way, why don't you go and do the same thing in another biome ? Seems like desert is an hostile place now.

I really feel like you're playing another game than us. Something like "7 days spent digging in the sand and moaning". Get out of your hole and enjoy the work done on the game. And wipe your feet, you put sand everywhere.:becky:

By the way, why don't you go and do the same thing in another biome ? Seems like desert is an hostile place now.

AS i said, this time it was in rock / gravel.

I would LOVE to play 7Days to die. Means building a Base

But it looks like TFP want the player no longer build in the game.

* Mining = Deathtrap

* Nailgun is now so fast as the hammer in A16.

* Waiting for stamina 1/3 of playtime (except you have a auger)

- to top that Coffee is now so scarce in vending machines that you dont even need to check them (last run the 8th machine had coffee)

Really, i dont like that i need to play COD to level up. But Mining and stamina are both gamebreaking issues i really cant understand how people can perceive it different. Its like you Punch someone with a sledgehammer in the face and he ask for a second serving.

* Mining = Deathtrap

- to top that Coffee is now so scarce in vending machines that you dont even need to check them (last run the 8th machine had coffee)

Really, i dont like that i need to play COD to level up. But Mining and stamina are both gamebreaking issues i really cant understand how people can perceive it different. Its like you Punch someone with a sledgehammer in the face and he ask for a second serving.

The nailgun is faster than the hammer for sure. Waiting for stamina is not that bad, just keep hydrated so that it comes back faster. And this last patch actually made mining easier (digging, maybe not so much). Plant coffee. XP for mining is also pretty good in this last patch.

* Mining = Deathtrap

Stamina is gamebreaking? In what way? I mined for an entire night last night and didn't run out of stamina one time. I drank a coffee every few minutes and I could spam LMB continuously. Never dropped below 90 stamina unless I didn't notice the coffee buff running out. I can't say about the SI issues because I didn't really run into enough gravel to have issues.

The nailgun is faster than the hammer for sure. Waiting for stamina is not that bad, just keep hydrated so that it comes back faster. And this last patch actually made mining easier (digging, maybe not so much). Plant coffee. XP for mining is also pretty good in this last patch.

Plant coffee, well i need arround 7 Ingame days to make a working farm (if i get 1-2 seeds on day 1)

Weans when my farm works i am allready level 60+ and need no longer coffee

Edit: and i said A16 hammer

True... The GT 840M is horribly old! And a laptop card even...

If this card is stated as working for the game, I hope they either update the minimum requirements or remove some of the new improvements...

But really... Get a new card ffs...

Yeah it's a laptop mate. Thinking about buying a new one in the new few months.

It's just that the jump from A16 to A17e is very big. I didn't have any problems with the previous Alpha, always 30-40 FPS.

Here's to hoping something will be done during A17 stable.

Most people don't have a very good understanding of voxel games and think they should run at the same frame rates as a first person shooter and that couldn't be further from the reality.

QFT. I run on a 960M (2GB RAM) and a Core i7 and I get 30-35fps at reduced resolution (1600x900 I think) and mostly "medium" settings. It's fine (and a few FPS faster than b208) and frankly I'm happy this budget gaming laptop is holding up as well as it is with 7D2D. Cannot compare this game with "regular" polygon games.

A request to the developers: please do not remove the floating POI effect. Co-op partner and I came across a garage POI with a 10-15m gravel "driveway" leading off of the main road, and it all was suspended 2 blocks above the ground. Attached only where the driveway met the main road, like a big dirt tongue with a garage sitting on top.

Friend walked up to the POI to make sure it was empty, ground did not collapse. So I went to the junction where the gravel driveway met the main road and dug out one block of dirt. The entire thing collapsed and it was glorious. Cars exploding, iron cross-bars landing all over the place. Very enjoyable (and a crapton of iron).

Please cross out "bug", replace with "feature" and leave it alone. :-)

Yeah it's a laptop mate. Thinking about buying a new one in the new few months.

It's just that the jump from A16 to A17e is very big. I didn't have any problems with the previous Alpha, always 30-40 FPS.

Here's to hoping something will be done during A17 stable.

Agreed, there does seem to be more of a resource use in A17 compared to earlier. But even in A16, I never played on full textures, because of lag spikes.

Optimization is hard/boring i guess.

Did you try lowering the resolution as responded my TFP?

I did, and it helped a lot.

So I've been trying to get rid of my previously generated maps in A17 but can't seem to do it. I've uninstalled the game and even deleted the 7D2D file in the C:user/[username]/local location but when I reinstalled the game the map said it was already generated. How do I get rid of the darn thing?

So I've been trying to get rid of my previously generated maps in A17 but can't seem to do it. I've uninstalled the game and even deleted the 7D2D file in the C:user/[username]/local location but when I reinstalled the game the map said it was already generated. How do I get rid of the darn thing?

Windows?

Saved Games are in the place you described:

C:/users/"yourusername"/Appdata/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/"your saves of your template"

And the template for the generated maps is here:

C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7DaystoDie/Data/Worlds/"your world template"

(Depends on your steam location, i have it on a separate disc)

Delete the save and/or template. If you want to get rid of both, then delete both folders with your generated world name.

Thats split up cause you can have several different saved games, based on the same generated world, but each "game" is different.

Actually there is a perk for it in the Perception tree.

For deleting game files ? :smile-new:

And the damn next Death is Death game finished by mining, this time in rock.

SCREW this Experimental

No more unmodded feedback from me

You should stop playing dead is dead when you are so bad, change or improve your gameplay. :o)

I am using a lot of wood poles and always stay in block where are wood poles placed and didn't died in A17 by mining.

You are complaining about the performance of an experimental ALPHA release. Do you know the size of the Dev team for Battlefield? Do you know how long battlefield has been around? Lower your settings so its playable and find and report bugs. Give feedback on game play and mechanics.

I do not want TFP to waste time on performance issues at this time. I"d rather they work on the bugs and mechanics of the game.

Yeah, you realize there is barely anything going on in bf compared to this, even if there are 200 models on the miniature map, thats it.

Windows?

Saved Games are in the place you described:

C:/users/"yourusername"/Appdata/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/"your saves of your template"

And the template for the generated maps is here:

C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7DaystoDie/Data/Worlds/"your world template"

(Depends on your steam location, i have it on a separate disc)

Delete the save and/or template. If you want to get rid of both, then delete both folders with your generated world name.

Thats split up cause you can have several different saved games, based on the same generated world, but each "game" is different.

For deleting game files ? :smile-new:

I've completely deleted the "7DaysToDie" file from the AppData/Roaming location and I've uninstalled 7Days. After reinstalling I go to create the map and its already displaying the territory as a selectable option like the Navs map. I'm not sure what else to do.

the perk comment was about the loot quality post, forgot to quote :p

I've completely deleted the "7DaysToDie" file from the AppData/Roaming location and I've uninstalled 7Days. After reinstalling I go to create the map and its already displaying the territory as a selectable option like the Navs map. I'm not sure what else to do.

the perk comment was about the loot quality post, forgot to quote :p

After uninstalling you should check if there is still a "worlds" folder in your steam directory. I think it does not uninstall that.

Other easier solution: Look for the world name you created in your worlds folder in steam, there should be only Navezgane,Playtesting and Empty, no other.

After uninstalling you should check if there is still a "worlds" folder in your steam directory. I think it does not uninstall that.

Other easier solution: Look for the world name you created in your worlds folder in steam, there should be only Navezgane,Playtesting and Empty, no other.

(Your path is maybe slightly different)

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds

here should be only

Empty

Navezgane

Playtesting

And the worlds you created (you want to delete ?!)

Plant coffee, well i need arround 7 Ingame days to make a working farm (if i get 1-2 seeds on day 1)

Weans when my farm works i am allready level 60+ and need no longer coffee

Edit: and i said A16 hammer

Your ridiculous exaggerations have reached a new low. Unless by "farm" you mean one the size of Navezgane's corn farm...then you might have a point, but I don't think you do.

Mining isn't anywhere near broken despite your claims and farming works better than ever. Coffee beans are found so often you shouldn't ever need to plant coffee seeds. Come to think of it in the last build I never did plant any seeds, and I had more than enough coffee and everything else the entire time.

You probably do have a point about the building, if only because the zombies' destroy mode is so overeffective that a traditional building is a non-starter. Mazes and playground-like parkour contraptions are the only meaningful building types at the moment. That is a loss...hopefully a temporary one.

Last game i played on 75% i had enough Coffe beans to make ONE seed in week 3

And sorry, if we dont count the few games at experimental start where i needed to adapt to A17 my deaths by Mining are the reason number one why i died.

5 By mining, one by zombies

Maybe you think thats no issue, for me it is

Last game i played on 75% i had enough Coffe beans to make ONE seed in week 3

And sorry, if we dont count the few games at experimental start where i needed to adapt to A17 my deaths by Mining are the reason number one why i died.

5 By mining, one by zombies

Maybe you think thats no issue, for me it is

Stop playing Dead is Dead, stop lowering loot, and stop coming here to complain about these things you are causing yourself. If you wish to play the game by mining from day one and never come up for air, then it's on you that you cant level, that you can't find seeds and that your stamina is garbage.

I mean I have complaints yeah but jeez Royal, literally all your issues are self caused.

Archived