Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That's exactly why I'm asking. What was the intention of power attacks? Some mods had it in A16 and it was useful but situational. For example, early game it was life extension of a tool that can not be repaired. Or a guaranteed knock down of a dangerous zombie in a confined space. Or saving time mining or looting.

As it stands, unfortunately, power attacks are useless.

Only early game. I'm day 5 and back where I was in b208.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone try always Nightmare?

My bm's are nightmares but I'm still 2 days away from having one.

/Intended puns since 1971

Are you sure about that? XML doesn't list any buffs applied to zombies on secondary attack. Nor is it even possible to use a power attack on knocked down zombie since it takes longer for an attack to trigger than for zombie to get up.

From playing for a few in-game days using power and regular attacks I see absolutely no benefits in power attacks using clubs. And definitely they are counter productive on axes and picks.

I mix power attacks with regular attacks. I usually use power attacks until I’m low on stamina. The power attacks will still cause knockdowns. You may need the stay down perk though.

I'm experiancing a lot of rwg issues in this new build. Same kind of problems as previous build but just more frequent.

Trees growing inside POIs and are made of stone, trees that can't be chopped down, floating buildings etc.

I use a dedicated server and have reinstalled the entire game on it twice, tried 2 different seeds and nothing helps.

Anyone got any other idea of what else I can try?

So Bugs previously reported and not listed in known issues are being ignored? Anyone know this?

I highly doubt it. It's more likely that a QA person couldn't reproduce or verify, so it's "unknown" until they get enough information to do so. Once verified it becomes a known issue.

I'm just guessing, but it's basically how my development team works.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

pretty much it.

Why are some of us seeing different map versions loading the world? im getting V 172 someone else said they are getting last updates world number. Wiped everything saves game from PC etc.

Delete your world files. Steam main directory Data\Worlds. On my machine it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds Delete everything in there except Empty, Navezgane, and Playtesting folders.

- - - Updated - - -

Can devs explain what's the use of power attacks now? If they use 50% more stamina for clubs and 200% more for axes and picks, plus a 1.5-2 s pause in stamina regeneration (an additional 15-20 stamina) just for 2x the damage and no extra benefits?

Finishing blows when the zombies are on the ground. A quick escape from a room with a locked door. etc.

Delete your world files.

Roland et al: It might be worthwhile to instruct users to do this when starting a new A17 build. IMHO of course.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

like here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99358-Alpha-17-Experimental-B221-bug-reporting-thread&p=901195&viewfull=1#post901195

I am liking the balance changes so far. It allows you to rank up without just running around killing zeds for XP. It also seems the did a pretty good job on the weapon balancing as well.

Great work guys keep the updates coming! I love the direction the game is headed!

I didn't see that answer before. The bonuses on power attacks were added to existing perks, take a look there.

The only ones are see are extra damage against stunned enemies. So it's very limited use. And not a fact that it's any better than 2 regular attacks. And still doesn't help with mining tools.

So, I open my previous saved game, and I was mining there. As habit I power attack and got drain in 2-3 hits. then I realise I read patch note and I use Regular Pickaxe, and volia now I can mine forever, as without getting much tired. I hit like 10 blocks and never ran out of stamina.

I love it that Regular hit has it's purpose again, But like Pickaxe and fireaxe has bonus hit on their intended area, do we have same bonus for Club when we hit other player/zombie/Animal. I mean their hit on block should not be same to hit on movable living things ?

I went to a quest (fetch) exclamation point in the middle of the night. It said clean zombies, but I left cause I didn't mean to go by it. But now the next day it just says "clear zombies 0,0" but I don't remember where it was or which house it was. Any way to remove a quest from the trader cause Idk where this one is and I can't get a new one...

I went to a quest (fetch) exclamation point in the middle of the night. It said clean zombies, but I left cause I didn't mean to go by it. But now the next day it just says "clear zombies 0,0" but I don't remember where it was or which house it was. Any way to remove a quest from the trader cause Idk where this one is and I can't get a new one...

If you still have the quest in your quest log, delete it by klicking the appropriate "delete" icon above the quest list. Then the trader should have a selection of quests again.

The only ones are see are extra damage against stunned enemies. So it's very limited use. And not a fact that it's any better than 2 regular attacks. And still doesn't help with mining tools.

The deep cuts one adds bleeding chance and dismemberment chance to power attack, off the top of my head.

That's exactly why I'm asking. What was the intention of power attacks? Some mods had it in A16 and it was useful but situational. For example, early game it was life extension of a tool that can not be repaired. Or a guaranteed knock down of a dangerous zombie in a confined space. Or saving time mining or looting.

As it stands, unfortunately, power attacks are useless.

Hardly useless. I'd use one any time an enemy is weak and I have stamina to spare. Say I sneak attack with a bow, then put a few more arrows into a the target and it feels weak, then power attack. Or as I do with my first 5 skills points, put one in Stay Down!, then hit enemies with club until they drop and power attack to the head for 40% more damage and 60% it gets knocked back down. You can usually get 2 power attacks in before it is standing again. An enemy is considered stunned until it is fully standing. Put a point in Skull Crusher and get even more stunned power attack to the head damage.

Hardly useless. I'd use one any time an enemy is weak and I have stamina to spare. Say I sneak attack with a bow, then put a few more arrows into a the target and it feels weak, then power attack. Or as I do with my first 5 skills points, put one in Stay Down!, then hit enemies with club until they drop and power attack to the head for 40% more damage and 60% it gets knocked back down. You can usually get 2 power attacks in before it is standing again. An enemy is considered stunned until it is fully standing. Put a point in Skull Crusher and get even more stunned power attack to the head damage.

Ya I like the options it opens up. Gives you the opportunity to think some about how you are going to handle the Z's while in combat. Much more fun than just spamming power attack. Good job guys, me likey.

I would report this as a bug but i don't know how to describe it as anything but "HORRIBLE"]I can only describe it as severe framerate drop into the single digits... I have long since gotten comfortable with mid 20s framerate but this is ridiculous. Even in the middle of no where with no poi's around it happens....

Yes I play on a potato but this has gotten to bad to continue as is.

for those inclined to say get a better computer or upgrade..............If I could I would you (fill in the blanks as you wish)....................

Archived