Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It would be nice to know the details. It's not jumping the gun, I was just wondering based on the patchnotes which mention zombie XP lowered but no other XP raised. It's fair to assume that if it's not in the patchnotes, then it hasn't happened, right?

It's fair to assume that patch notes often are in need of patches ;-). Proper documentation is always the first victim on the altar of software development.

So wait the point is to survive and killing a zombie to survive. yet, you give us no loot and now you want to reduce the XP? What are you guys thinking? After killing a horde of zombies just attacking you out of no where and you can't avoid it. Now it is pointless to kill things in this game? What is the point then to level?

I have no idea. I will be telling all wandering hordes to not come by my base anymore since they are of no use to me. I don't think they will be happy about getting laid off, but well, with the XP-economy these days I have no choice.

I also have a job opening, if anyone is interested: "Easy XP delivery NPC wanted. Required Qualifications: Zombie make-up, Experience in packaging and handling XP in greater than usual amounts. Fighting abilities not required." :cocksure:

It's fair to assume that patch notes often are in need of patches ;-). Proper documentation is always the first victim on the altar of software development.

I have no idea. I will be telling all wandering hordes to not come by my base anymore since they are of no use to me. I don't think they will be happy about getting laid off, but well, with the XP-economy these days I have no choice.

I also have a job opening, if anyone is interested: "Easy XP delivery NPC wanted. Required Qualifications: Zombie make-up, Experience in packaging and handling XP in greater than usual amounts. Fighting abilities not required."

Based on Madmole's comment buried a few pages back, the intention was balance, not nerf. "Passive exp was increased, so it should balance out in the end." (paraphrased)

If you go out, loot, kill any zombie in your way, cut up some resources and build some things back at base camp, the amount of exp you got should equal as if you just went out and slaughtered zombies and nothing else. If that's the case, perfect. It was imbalanced as it was, not hunting zombies only resulted in your level being lower on horde night.

Based on Madmole's comment buried a few pages back, the intention was balance, not nerf. "Passive exp was increased, so it should balance out in the end." (paraphrased)

If you go out, loot, kill any zombie in your way, cut up some resources and build some things back at base camp, the amount of exp you got should equal as if you just went out and slaughtered zombies and nothing else. If that's the case, perfect. It was imbalanced as it was, not hunting zombies only resulted in your level being lower on horde night.

Come on, isn't it obvious that I made a joke there?

Okay, I added a smiley.

Tablesaws: Good Lord people, it's the 'pocylips. 1. We're lucky we can find a tablesaw at all. 2. The devs were kind enough to let us run them using squirrels instead of establishing a power grid for them first. So I"m not gonna complain.
I would rather have it require power to be operated...

Table saw model is too small... it looks like a children's toy than a proper woodcutting equipment. It looks out of place compared to all other game workstations. It should be at least 0.5 blocks higher than it is and occupy 1x1x1 meter space fully. It looks OK when you're standing on 1/2 slabs.

0ApUoy0.png

Easy solution for the model would be to put it on stilts, so, it it moves half a block up.

Come on, isn't it obvious that I made a joke there?

Okay, I added a smiley.

I was really only partially replying to you, mostly just reinforcing this information to save sifting through pages and pages of rage on the topic. :D Really hard to keep current with the amount of posts that fly by.

Description for serverconfig.xml is not pretty clear. I marked an added word in red and i think thats how it is ment:

<property name=”ZombiesRun” value=”0″ /> <!– OLD! 0 = default day/night walk/run, 1 = never run, 2 = always run; this setting ONLY affects regular zombies, some zombies like ferals always run –>
<property name=”ZombieMove[color="#FF0000"]Day[/color]” value=”0″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
<property name=”ZombieMoveNight” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
<property name=”ZombieFeralMove” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>
<property name=”ZombieBMMove” value=”3″ /> <!– 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) –>

Maybe a hint in the description might be useful too, instead of tweaking the property name itself. Or am I wrong with my understanding ?

PS: Nice to see that options :smile-new:

Edit: And should we set the first property to 0 if we want to adjust all of the other ones ? Or just uncomment the first line ?

So no performance optimization ..? Still getting only around 10fps compared to 40fps in a16 (with same settings ..) To get decent fps - around 20-30 I now need to cut resullution from 1600 to 640/800 ... not a clue why performance is hit so bad in a17 ... tried all other settings ( 32bit/64bit, low/high, vsync on/off, etc,etc etc .. no use .. only drasticly cutting res works ..

Well digging in sand now will will be interesting .. the way now how easy it drops, means more and frequently collapses = dropmining = more lag and server crashes .. will see how this turns out for mp servers ..

Yep fps is still all over the place every thing on max I get 18 to 24 fps when my setup should be running it alot better than this

Are there plans to bring the "real cave" autocreation back in for MP-RandomGen servers?? I miss finding a random hole in the wilderness and going down in to explore what was randomly created. I miss (more) the ones that would explode into a maze, or empty into a giant underground cave.

I was sad to see that in the random gen, there's no setting for caves in biomes, and the only caves mentioned were the pre-fab variety.

Are there plans to bring the "real cave" autocreation back in for MP-RandomGen servers?? I miss finding a random hole in the wilderness and going down in to explore what was randomly created. I miss (more) the ones that would explode into a maze, or empty into a giant underground cave.

I was sad to see that in the random gen, there's no setting for caves in biomes, and the only caves mentioned were the pre-fab variety.

RWG has more and bigger problems than lacking caves at the moment.

So wait the point is to survive and killing a zombie to survive. yet, you give us no loot and now you want to reduce the XP? What are you guys thinking? After killing a horde of zombies just attacking you out of no where and you can't avoid it. Now it is pointless to kill things in this game? What is the point then to level? LOL Sorry, if I am being an az, but this is just stupid. oh and if you think I am just some troll causing trouble. I have over 1000 hours on steam.

Good news for you : after 1000 hours, you seems to have a lot to learn in game. And in real life, learning politeness should be your priority.

Why do these updates have to be so big in terms of size? It's like 2 GB. The whole A17e update was 2 GB for crying out loud..

Are you.. Are you really grumbling about them fixing and optimizing core areas throughout the system, instead of just doing little patches? :twitch:

lol

Why do these updates have to be so big in terms of size? It's like 2 GB. The whole A17e update was 2 GB for crying out loud..

The larger updates mean the resource.asset files were changed, i.e. new models and whatnot.

...change something as simple as a torch, and you're going to get an entirely new .asset file.

Yep fps is still all over the place every thing on max I get 18 to 24 fps when my setup should be running it alot better than this

I don't see anything about fps in the changelog, but stutter should be less because of

"Removed AstarPath calling GC Collect, which causes lag spikes when new path grids made"

I was really only partially replying to you, mostly just reinforcing this information to save sifting through pages and pages of rage on the topic. :D Really hard to keep current with the amount of posts that fly by.

Ah ok. Sadly most people coming here to rage don't seem to read before posting. I sometimes see rants of people who obviously havn't read information on the same page they posted on. Because otherwise they would have known that a presumption they based their rant on is not true anymore.

Archived