Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Are you.. Are you really grumbling about them fixing and optimizing core areas throughout the system, instead of just doing little patches? :twitch:

lol

I wouldn't if I had a fast internet connection and my Steam was actually opposed to the idea of installing updates fast :p

Dear Pimps, I really hope that in the future it will be possible to play without HUD (sounds and visuals are enough informative). Because the game looks awsome and so immersive that way :

Do someone know if it's possible to mod this ?

There was a mod for this. Roland could probably tell you for sure if it's been updated to A17, he likes a minimal interface.

There was a mod for this. Roland could probably tell you for sure if it's been updated to A17, he likes a minimal interface.

Thanks ;) Yes, he is a man of good taste, but I do not remember if he had found a solution. I'm not going to MP him for that, I just hope he'll read this post;)

Edit :

Its called ClearUI by Sphereii and its not updated to A17 yet but I poked him on it.

Thanks ! It would be great.

Good news for you : after 1000 hours, you seems to have a lot to learn in game. And in real life, learning politeness should be your priority.

Actually, I am quite polite in person. I just don't like where A17 is headed. I did at first though. I just don't az kiss like how developers want. I just tell it like it is. I expect the same in return.

Why is it the zombies only comes from one direction on horde night? Has it always been like that? I think it would be tougher if the zombies came from all directions at the same time.

it's to mimic a herd of zombies. and herds stick together hence they come from the same direction. influenced by TWD

it's to mimic a herd of zombies. and herds stick together hence they come from the same direction. influenced by TWD

I think either approach could be taken. The random hordes? Yeah I can see that, literal "horde mentality" may exist in whatever state their minds are in.

But in terms of the "Blood moon", it is some kind of supernatural force that drives them into a enhanced state, and directly to where you are unprovoked. I think it would be as likely they would come from all directions as it is in one cluster. Whatever drives them to you would send zombies your way from any direction, or a random group just happens to be in the area and triggered to run your way. It would be harder to defend against, but it would add a sense of panic having to defend multiple points of contact.

Perhaps a mode or a mod down the road? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually, I am quite polite in person. I just don't like where A17 is headed. I did at first though. I just don't az kiss like how developers want. I just tell it like it is. I expect the same in return.

What? You expect the developers to post a rant with hyperbole and then tell you you are stupid? :cocksure:

Ok, I'll try to answer your question as if you had really asked and give you an answer the developers might have posted:

This game is intented to be played as a cross between mining/building game, tower defense, survival, exploration and combat game. Giving out XP mostly for combat left all people playing builder for example far behind anyone doing lots of combat. In co-op games this could mean that the builder ina group can't build anything advanced after a few weeks because he can't buy the perks while the combat oriented player on his team already is half-way to invincible.

The game is a mix of different genres, either you want to play this mix or not. If you want to play this game strictly as a shooter, your best course is probably to install a mod suited for your play style. The developers have to consider their own and other peoples interests too, they can't and won't exlusively balance the game for you only.

For those wondering about zombie speeds:

Currently it is a 20% move speed boost, so not horrible, but not something I've tried in a real game. Other devs were wanting it. I'm not planning on playing like that. I'm not crazy.

It has nothing to do with distances. They are all adjustments to a zombie's speed when they are aggroed.

All zombies now have a min and max aggro speed. The five settings use these blend values to determine what speed between min and max is used.

0, .35, .65, 1, 1.2

Walk (0) is using the min aggro speed.

Sprint (1) is using the max aggro speed.

Nightmare (1.2) is using the max aggro speed times 1.2.

There's the default speeds per faatal.

I'll say it again, I still (even with b221) get a smoother and more reliable FPS with FOV set to 90 than the default 65. It is also darned annoying having to set it every single time I start the game.

Any chance we can get an auto-exec for Console Command Line Options?

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew 90

sg OptionsViewDistance 12

Please?

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting with baited breath.

I thought someone would have released such already.

I can certainly do some more 'Zee No' modlets (already have Zee No PlayerStat Numbers and Zee No XP Bar).

Stop over in my thread and make some requests. :)

I'll say it again, I still (even with b221) get a smoother and more reliable FPS with FOV set to 90 than the default 65. It is also darned annoying having to set it every single time I start the game.

Please?

That would be great, but if that's to much work maybe a cmd line shortcut?

" FOV xx " <==> sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew xx , or;

" sg FOV xx "

Though Red Eagles may allow MP folks to customize without having console access? Not sure how that works on servers...

Please?

try the useroptions file Red, works good for me.

mine in the UserOptions.ini file located in the base saves folder my case .../AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/

mine hasnt reset since i changed it.. i do not change it via console command.

Archived