Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

faatal,

AI pathing question: how does height differential work? Any difference between generated terrain compared to player placed blocks? I'd like to build a hilltop base and wondering if it's reasonable to expect z's to path up a ramp when it raises say 20 blocks. From the testing I've done it seems like they'll take a 13 block tall stairway if there aren't any spikes. But that elevation change was all placed blocks being supported by placed pillars; not naturally occurring terrain.

The spot I'm eyeing is the southern of the two islands in the western lake in Navsegane. On it's north side the high ground's a pretty ideal spot for a small castle, and the spine running down to the south seems custom made to build an access road.

I recall you mentioned a limit to how high/low was being checked; performance impacts which makes perfect sense. Not trying to open the xmas gift early, just wondering if a more medieval approach towards bases might work. :)

---

Hats off to whomever built the new Shotgun Messiah Factory, did a hell of a job. That's one very cool POI. :rockon:

Seriously, Fun Pimps?

FycfMZx.jpg

And a lot of arrows more destroyed on impact...

Immortal zombies, steel and concrete chocolate ... what is this?

One of the most fun and challenging parts of the game was to find recipes and the necessary parts to assemble objects, such as the bike or the drill, It was very exciting when you got it. Now all that has disappeared, the game is limited to killing zombies to level up and build everything you want.

More than a year for this ?. You have destroyed the gameplay and you have killed the game, Congratulations, keep it up.

Yea it's gonna take a crapload of arrow bodyshots to take down a rad feral wight.....

I do agree I'd rather search for stuff than get it on autopilot by level thru perks tho. Takes all the excitement out of the progression being so predictable.

Seriously, Fun Pimps?

FycfMZx.jpg

One of the most fun and challenging parts of the game was to find recipes and the necessary parts to assemble objects, such as the bike or the drill, It was very exciting when you got it. Now all that has disappeared, the game is limited to killing zombies to level up and build everything you want.

More than a year for this ?. You have destroyed the gameplay and you have killed the game, Congratulations, keep it up.

Think of how much better your aim will be with all this practice. You'll be able to hit center mass more instead of making them a pin cushion like in pic :D

It has become a game of ghosts, instead of zombies, appear next to you suddenly, it is not acceptable.

Your previous comment was... for alpha 16. Glad you're still playing ;)

More seriously, in high difficulty, the luminescent zombies regenerate very quickly: the arrows may not be the right solution.

Seriously, Fun Pimps?

FycfMZx.jpg

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ

Not everyone can be a forum whore!

He is special :)

- - - Updated - - -

So , I had 3 savegames on Navez, different settings for testing purposes and I cant really complain since you pimps gave us such a cool new gameplay (unbalanced - yes, but on the right way) , and can`t wait for more.

Standing by for the next patch. Cheers guys.

P.S. Pimps, you should make a brewery POI. Just saying.

you can put vehicles in the inventory ... wtf ?. You can store the big bike in the bike inventory, for example. What is this ?,

Im pretty sure it was said this is just temporary so you can unstick your vehicle when it bugs out and gets stuck, unless you would prefer to lose them entirely currently?

Archived