Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

so I just realized I don't know the keyboard commands in the editor, CTRL zoomed me all the way in and I can't zoom out :)

If you allready generated the map, just jump in a game and Teleport to ... i mean it was 2000S 600W. (in that area, can be wrong)

(You know DM mode and then Control Rightclick on map)

Zombie money stash drop timer is way too short. If you have large horde with at least 2 drops, good luck finding them. They'll disappear before you're done clearing the area

Wuut, my hordes are finished before 0:00 or the latest was 0:43 or so.

And wandering hordes .... depends how much ammo i have

Wuut, my hordes are finished before 0:00 or the latest was 0:43 or so.

And wandering hordes .... depends how much ammo i have

Same here, but with 90-minute days first few loot bags dropped dissipated before I could get to them. I know TFP said hordes shouldn't be a loot a piٌata, but give us an incentive to actually fight BM horde, not avoid it. Getting XP is way easier off of POI zombies.

By being a prick. You'll be losing yours soon. =)

Damnit! xD

Allright.

Ahum..

Guppy, you're one of the most annoying fishes there is! Plus I don't like Texas!

Roland, math is the least applicable of the sciences!

Gnomaana, there's too many A's in your name!

SnowDog, snow and dogs don't mix!

meganoth, your name doesn't start with a capital letter. Unacceptable!

Royal, sand is awesome!

Gazz, your name reminds me too much of gas. But it's written wrong. Unacceptable!

The Gronk, I don't even know what a Gronk is. Unacceptable!

Jax, your avatar is someone smoking! That's very unhealthy!

Menace, I don't even know anything anymore at this point. I like your avatar.

Will that revert much of my progress?

Damnit! xD

Allright.

Ahum..

Guppy, you're one of the most annoying fishes there is! Plus I don't like Texas!

Roland, math is the least applicable of the sciences!

Gnomaana, there's too many A's in your name!

SnowDog, snow and dogs don't mix!

meganoth, your name doesn't start with a capital letter. Unacceptable!

Royal, sand is awesome!

The Gronk, I don't even know what a Gronk is. Unacceptable!

Jax, your avatar is someone smoking! That's very unhealthy!

Menace, I don't even know anything anymore at this point. I like your avatar.

Will that revert much of my progress?

Dammit I was hoping for something more....sadistic.

*Slams Door*

No new experimental build today. Testers found a few last minute bugs. Two were AI bugs. One fixed, but the other is MP only, so making a local test build to figure that one out. We can release without that fixed, but it is too late today, so we will try again tomorrow.

Thnx for the update, rest well!

Out of curiosity and (mostly) an inopportune slip down a deep hole some zombies had been digging for me, I spent some time digging around underground in the desert. If a17b208 sand and gravel have any SI difference from a16 I am quite sure it's inconsequential. I only once had a collapse at a time I wasn't expecting it and it's because I didn't take note of a ceiling gravel patch. I survived that with leather armor just fine by backstepping a meter so most of it missed me.

My underground BM experiment had its start in the desert and got to bedrock under burnt forest. The amount of rock (3x3x40ish pit) sand and gravel they dug through in roughly two game hours was astounding. I went to the surface when I heard them nearing my bedrock location. I can practically use their horizontal tunnel as a map of where I was moving around whilst fighting their brethren on the surface. Blood moon zombies will apparently dig from surface to bedrock to get to you now, and dig horizontally at nearly player walking speed. No safe spaces indeed.

New mining method: dig to bedrock, let BM start, wait until they're near bedrock and run back to surface. Kite the diggers around until they've established a large underground mine. If a few die from gravel collapses, all the better. After BM ends go down and mine resource blocks. Profit!

Im just guessing here, but probably have between 1000-2000 posts?

Okay.. well I have nothing to complain about on 7DtD. I love the game and play it way more than I should I am sure. But you can only say that so many times without looking like someone trying to get on the good side of the devs (which I am certainly not.. wink wink)..

And I am perfectly happy with 'lowly peon' personally..lol

What are you talking about? This was never advertised as a realistic simulation.

Sand having questionable SI is a matter of plausibility. You can reasonably expect it to be unstable.

And yes, I'm sort of an expert, too. As a professional potter I need to have a considerable background in mineralogy, geology, crystallography... rock stuff, y'know?

You and Dag should compare rocks

Sand should have next to or no structural integrity. It is sand and should be very dangerous to be digging tunnels through or rooms in. I am the miner for my group and have spent the last week in the desert mining for resources. I have not once died from a collapse, not a single time in A17. I had to change my style up and be a little more careful as well as put up some shoring materials here and there. Seems completely fine to me and much better than A16. Just my two cents worth.

But it needs to hold more width than 1 so that you can dig at least 2 (preferably 3 so you can wall both sides at the same time) wide to be able to build a supporting wall and ceiling.... Can't tell us we need to support our tunnels and have it not able to hold long enough to do so.

a17 has been so much of a mixed bag for me but i love some of the QoL changes in it, its been hard but somewhat enjoyable with the overhaul of how the game plays compared to a16, i feel that now that guns arent rare to the point if you find one you should marry it there should be more types of guns, like muskets and auto-crossbows, maybe even (god forbid) mounted miniguns as a player controlled turret style of gameplay.

So.. FYI there's a reason there are very _few_ basements in central desert area of Arizona. The ground is too hard. Not kidding. I was looking into building a house and really wanted a full basement since it seems silly not to leverage the 'cooling' even a dozen feet below grade can provide. Was quoted many 10's of thousands to dig out due to heavy machine costs (typical backhoe just can't manage it).

That isn't meant to imply that 'sand' shouldn't be highly unstable. But after it's been turned into sandstone (Grand Canyon) then narrow tunnels seem quite reasonable. And in-game doesn't the desert have an upper layer of sand like the forests upper layer of dirt? Then beneath the sand it changes to 'sandstone' that includes stone?

Sure sandstone shouldn't have the SI of the 'pure' Stone found elsewhere but seems like it would be more stable than sand. :)

Archived