Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Just putting 1 frame above you is not 7 to my account. And for the record, I already dug 3 high becaus you walk/run better then. So As wood is still an easy resource I don't see it as that much of an extra job (still get experience from chopping trees AND constructing).

If that actually works, then I concede that part of my concerns. That is hardly building support for a tunnel though, like has been suggested.

Losing backpacks to falling blocks is still a concern especially with the looser SI of ground in general. Ive lost them just trying to dig a 2m tall hole into the side of a cave entrance. (only 1 of the POI caves has the over hang that collapses I think)

Not only that but the majority of the time its way more punishing than dying from zombies because the falling blocks kill you AND destroy your backpack. (bye bye mods you spend your whole playthrough gathering and crafting)

I'm with you that the bag should survive a cave-in.

The big question is: Is there a fast way to differentiate between a safe digging area and an unsafe one? I.e. if you dig through stone you should be safe, if you encounter sand you should change to adding supports.

If that is possible, even digging kilometre long tunnels is possible because you can dig at normal speed and only need to slow down with sand passages.

By the way, is desert underground completely sand or the usual gravel with more sand as usual inbetween?

The big question is: Is there a fast way to differentiate between a safe digging area and an unsafe one? I.e. if you dig through stone you should be safe, if you encounter sand you should change to adding supports.

If that is possible, even digging kilometre long tunnels is possible because you can dig at normal speed and only need to slow down with sand passages.

By the way, is desert underground completely sand or the usual gravel with more sand as usual inbetween?

Not sure, I havent actually tunneled the desert in experimental. Just been playing on the surface except for digging a forge room through stone on one play-through to test it a bit. Once stable hits I would be, just re-learning the game until then.

LMFAO. Relax yourself wildaxman1, you don't know me LOL, "Good ideas to make <the> game better" Really????? How about proper project and program management process? That is my "polite" suggestion. Customer relationship management? That is my "polite" recommendation. I have suggested numerous things numerous times to make the game better, to little or no avail. Furthermore, the things I have suggested come from a guy who has been doing software development professionally since 1985. I love the game, and think it has phenomenal potential. But, it seems that I was doing pretty much everything this new version A17 is doing, (the vehicles, and much much more), months ago with MODS written by myself and others fiddling around in our spare time. Hell, in Guppycur's Medieval MOD you can ride a horse or dragon. Look at VALMOD, Starvation MOD and others. So many other people have created great MODs for this game. I am seeing A17 as an update to the latest Unity engine and a few base MODS, not much more. At least that's what it appears like at face value, (I know better than that yes) However, for a game to be in alpha stage for this long is just crazy really.

Now! I have offered to help the FP's. So have many other people I know. Maybe they didn't see the offers, didn't have time to read the emails, or whatever, but, professional, long term developers who have worked for major game developers have commented over the years on the same issues. One of my good friends is the founder of VTD and former CEO of EA Games. You know there ARE professional software developers in the world, right? Not everyone operates by the seat of their pants. So yeah, it's frustrating. But you accuse me of being "insulting". Insulting?!?! Really??? Have you read some of the responses to customers who have just asked "when?" on a release? That is the most common question any customer ever has for a software company. Come on,...please! Don't accuse me of being insulting for merely pointing out obvious rudimentary issues that lead to customer dissatisfaction and an overall poor product, I stated the truth in the most "polite" way I could.

"I have suggested numerous things numerous times to make the game better, to little or no avail"

Has 6 posts.

But, it seems that I was doing pretty much everything this new version A17 is doing, (the vehicles, and much much more), months ago with MODS written by myself and others fiddling around in our spare time. Hell, in Guppycur's Medieval MOD you can ride a horse or dragon. Look at VALMOD, Starvation MOD and others. So many other people have created great MODs for this game.

But many modders have said they are using possibilities that TFP creates for them. Sure, there is much creativity and work involved, but without TFPs groundwork it wouldn't be possible. And you seem to put all the praise on the modder. It is like building an atomic bomb and saying Heisenberg, Einstein, Bohr and Fermi were just procrastinating with throwing numbers and theories around instead of building the actual bomb.

Ask a modder if he would have liked for TFP to add the new buff system and CVARs or if TFP should have added more weapon or food items for A17 as if they were just modders of their own game.

I just wanted to say that I think it's great that useful information is being given in the top "Poll" section. I already had my account linked and already knew how to play experimental, but I still think that is a great place to put information like that. I look forward to additional useful info being displayed there.

But many modders have said they are using possibilities that TFP creates for them. Sure, there is much creativity and work involved, but without TFPs groundwork it wouldn't be possible. And you seem to put all the praise on the modder. It is like building an atomic bomb and saying Heisenberg, Einstein, Bohr and Fermi were just procrastinating with throwing numbers and theories around instead of building the actual bomb.

Ask a modder if he would have liked for TFP to add the new buff system and CVARs or if TFP should have added more weapon or food items for A17 as if they were just modders of their own game.

Thats the point, best decision TFP ever made was a framework modders can easy use.

They spend months to add the new possibilitys for quests and buffs, and in a few weeks/months modder will use that to make more content.

I agree. I wrote that it SEEMED that way, and that some might think that is all they did was mod their own game. I applaud the game, many many aspects of the way it was developed are outstanding and DO provide an awesome platform for modifications. I said I love it. It seems that is where I am supposed to stop? Any criticism of the process, or customer relationship management seems taboo, or at the very least appears to make some think I am just bashing the game.

is there a list of houses that have "dungeons" I am trying to find the house that had the massive underground lab with all the white coat zombies.

19E93169EC1FFCD069D1C32069BC330A1C749CD9

you see the town with the 5 traders under it ?

The trader at the corner of the town. Go there and then 200 meter north. From the Well bunker Poi 2 Pois north

(i guess you mean the underground laboratory under the villa)

Digging in stone is still safe, but keep in mind thet zombies can dig.

I agree. I wrote that it SEEMED that way, and that some might think that is all they did was mod their own game. I applaud the game, many many aspects of the way it was developed are outstanding and DO provide an awesome platform for modifications. I said I love it. It seems that is where I am supposed to stop? Any criticism of the process, or customer relationship management seems taboo, or at the very least appears to make some think I am just bashing the game.

Don't take this reply as a disagreement to your observations - it's not. Keep in mind, posts / comments about TFP's design and development process are "off limits" per the posting rules.

-A

Sorry, but one part of your argument was pointing at modders and asking why TFP didn't do that months ago. And the answer is they were doing groundwork. Simple as that.

The other part of your argument was impolitely asking why they havn't already followed your advice long ago even though you know better. Because you work in a somewhat similar field. So do I and I have different opinions. But do go ahead. They sure have only been waiting for you to explain the bussiness to them.

If that actually works, then I concede that part of my concerns. That is hardly building support for a tunnel though, like has been suggested.

Losing backpacks to falling blocks is still a concern especially with the looser SI of ground in general. Ive lost them just trying to dig a 2m tall hole into the side of a cave entrance. (only 1 of the POI caves has the over hang that collapses I think)

That is all the extra support that is needed for the game's sake. A simulation might need more, but the game does not. That's all I was talking about doing. An ounce of prevention is all that is needed to avoid the entire issue you were experiencing.

Don't take this reply as a disagreement to your observations - it's not. Keep in mind, posts / comments about TFP's design and development process are "off limits" per the posting rules.

-A

Noted. I was unaware that comments about the development process in the development thread was off limits. I have corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but one part of your argument was pointing at modders and asking why TFP didn't do that months ago. And the answer is they were doing groundwork. Simple as that.

The other part of your argument was impolitely asking why they havn't already followed your advice long ago even though you know better. Because you work in a somewhat similar field. So do I and I have different opinions. But do go ahead. They sure have only been waiting for you to explain the bussiness to them.

Just nevermind. SMH,...

Hey, Navezgame map will be updated with this new build ?

I'm playing Random Gen but maps have some POI destroy and so can't take the pleasure to discover the new POI. I just take a look on the net at Navezgame map at A17 launch so i'm no spoiled but i just wanna know if Navez map will be good on SP with the new build to discover the news POI. Are they all present ?

Thx for your answer

iirc, navazgan will have some pois that rwg wont have, and rwg will have some pois that navazgan wont have. most are shared, some are exclusive.

Not a lot of specific info here. But as someone who only used power attacks in alpha 17 this, power attack stamina nerf?, has me concerned.

I was never able to endlessly power attack, I would run out of stamina, even before this incoming update.

Melee has me worried but messing with mining has me terrified. Mining is too slow in alpha 17. At least in early game. If it gets any changes at all they should be buffs. But again this info is kinda vague, so we will see.

"Before left click was pretty useless. Now left click is good for mining too". This definitely says left click mining was changed and that it was changed upwards! Just not how much.

Apparently it’s from the Electronic Arts playbook...

Folks, the topic of discussion in this forum is the game 7 Days to Die. Feedback regarding business practices of TFP can be delivered by email. Nobody here has any concrete information about how TFP manages their projects or conducts their business because they keep that private. So all it is is gossip and conjecture. Discuss the game or go play the game.

If you really feel you have something to offer then send a proposal via email to [email protected]. That is all that is needed.

Archived