Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

After reading through some posts I thought I would give a big KUDOS! to the Pimps; I find the update , albeit with it's bugs, to be pretty awesome in most regards. Def. balance issues , bugs etc.. but over all they have done a great job improving the game. I have been around since 2014 watching the changes, and this last update was amazing! Keep up the good work fellas.

testing_trunk Trunk version, latest new feature builds 3388311 4 minutes ago

4 min ago, is it tonight?!?!

they been throwing these up for days now. Last night it was supposedly just a couple bugs to fix .... and yet here we are - another day almost passed and still no update or even news of it.

If not getting news on a video game's experimental alpha build release date is the worst thing that's happened to you today, it's been a pretty good day, wwesn.

I would also like to point out that it's been several hours since DaVega reminded us that it's been two weeks since the last build so we should all look shamefully upon the dev team as they did not meet his personal criteria. Snowdog, can you reach over and see if he's still breathing?

There is difference between testing_trunk and latest_experimental. First is the testing version that is spread between pimps to test and debug, but what we have as players is latest_experimental (unstable) , so what you see is just that they work their beards off. Patience boys. And girls.

I was messing with the prefab editor (awesome btw), and supports (the angled beams) came up again: any plans to make them viable, or am I just doing it wrong? I was looking at the SI mapping and noticed they don't add any support. For instance here's what I mean, yellow's are the support:

Capture.JPG.f3e7a9ccd403648294eec63676373602.JPG

It's a lip, up top, support to add some SI to it... but it doesn't appear to. Any other way to add support until they work? Or do they work and just not appear so on the SI mapping?

Meh, part of the problem is that they keep adding whatever they worked on that day and then the testers find bugs and they can't release. Rinse and repeat each day.

testers culdnt realise you get 109 wood from a 900 hp tree using stone axe, 55 using iron fireaxe and 109 using steel fireaxe. They didnt realise the same weird amount of resources happens to pickaxes.

they didnt realise the strength perk is miss calculated to power attacks. Or mother lode increases damage to stone axes.

It's all reported but they didnt realise that too. :jaded:

Meh, part of the problem is that they keep adding whatever they worked on that day and then the testers find bugs and they can't release. Rinse and repeat each day.

Since you are on the staff and know the "problem", You should tell us what they are "adding" since they are apparently not just fixing bugs and stuff. I would love some insider info like you have.

So playing A17e for quite a number of hours I find that I really miss leveling on use.

I also like the rpg system of A17e too so I'm wondering if they can be combined.

My thought is that levels of a skill are also progression gates for leveling the skill.

So if mining level 1 adds 10% to the amount of resources collected instead of automatically jumping to 10% for mining it allows you to progress to 10% in mining, as you mine you level up to the 10% gate that Mining level 1 allows.

I also think there should be a little bonus for reaching the max gate from each level.

So if there are 5 levels for a total of +50% resources, you would get a small bonus at 10,20,30,40 and a special bonus at 50.

Level and/or Master attribute gates still apply.

This could be applied to almost, if not all, the skills (gun,tools, armor,etc)

Thoughts?

Since you are on the staff and know the "problem", You should tell us what they are "adding" since they are apparently not just fixing bugs and stuff. I would love some insider info like you have.

uh oh. I think he's awaken the Fun Pimps Cheerleading Squad!

You can easily pull that information out of your Millennium Year Application System Software. Everyone does it!

If you follow the forums and watch the steam depot for when builds are created, it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what’s going on.

If you follow the forums and watch the steam depot for when builds are created, it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what’s going on.

But.. that's how programming works. Go ahead, quickly program a generator that computes the Fibonacci sequence for numbers from user input. Run it, then fix the critical errors in your syntax from your broken generator. Then, fix the other things you broke while fixing them -- possibly yelling at a rubber duck asking it why you're insane. Then, your program will run horribly with larger numbers, so include recursion; go ahead and plan for the previous fixing steps. Now, do this with 7 days to die (just obviously not a simple Fibonacci sequence).

How dare the game developers do game development! and in a development-focused branch too! unforgivable!

Archived