Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Increasing stealth first shot damage is awesome perk. Noise reduction seems not working for me. I am playing stealth as much as possible but its there some things what i hate. Jumping sound is too high. When you go down from ladder it makes 3-4 jumps and wake everything spawned. Also diagonal catwalks looks bugged, when you go on diagonal patch it often makes you character jump on railings even if you go in middle of catwalk. Also every small thing makes your character jump and again wakeuping every spawned zombie. Always i wear a lot Frame Ramps because walking on them don't make jump sounds. And use Composive bow over Crossbow - Crossbow make noise and bow don't.

On other hands you can use fireaxe/pickaxe next to sleeper and he won't wakeup. (This is probably intentions because how you can be stealth when every closed room have locked doors and you need somehow get there.

Carry a few wooden ramp blocks with you. Very useful for staying in stealth and getting up / down single blocks silently.

Sorry, but one part of your argument was pointing at modders and asking why TFP didn't do that months ago. And the answer is they were doing groundwork. Simple as that.

The other part of your argument was impolitely asking why they havn't already followed your advice long ago even though you know better. Because you work in a somewhat similar field. So do I and I have different opinions. But do go ahead. They sure have only been waiting for you to explain the bussiness to them.

The funny thing is, some changes like vehicles were done months ago. I started working on vehicle changes over a year ago. The majority of those change were done back in early spring. I don't see how it matters, since the game was not ready to release back then, so I spent the time working on a bunch of other features.

I believe in the what have you done for me lately principle. I can tell people, oh I did this and that back in the 90s for some arcade games, but tech changes, methods change, people change, the internet. I remember a don't care programmer who spent half his day on Facebook, that I briefly worked with. Programmers who went to school with him told me he was the greatest programmer back then. Well not at that job.

I don't trust resumes either. I've seen a good amount of words on paper saying they did these great things, but reality was different.

Everyone has an opinion if they care enough to form one. There are multiple ways to develop software and there is not one right way.

No new experimental build today. Testers found a few last minute bugs. Two were AI bugs. One fixed, but the other is MP only, so making a local test build to figure that one out. We can release without that fixed, but it is too late today, so we will try again tomorrow.

So i guess those few bugs bred over night and made even more bugs. Maybe try again tomorrow? :p

Faatal, did you at least get some sleep last night before bug squashing? I know when I was programming and ran into an issue, my mind would be racing and I had to solve it before I could sleep.

Who needs sleep when you think in binary.

- - - Updated - - -

I think people should be based on post count.

Introverts are doomed.

meganoth, your name doesn't start with a capital letter. Unacceptable!

Tempted to capitalize the 'h' now.

My shift key thinks your suggestion is a thinly veiled criticism of his performance AND HE IS NOT AMUSED.

Your status is safe, I think.

-----------------

Ooops, enough words to have made 16 posts out of it.

Archived