Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'd think of that perk that decreases detection could be your camo in a sense. Be interesting to see actually adding in color dye to actually do something since it'd be based on where you are, colors around you, time of day, etc. A flat detection decrease based on dye alone would be just like the perk.

I take your point, I was more just interested in the technical solution and how it works.

So, in other words, 42 blocks. :-)

I find this part very interesting. Does clothing/background color factor in, or is it strictly luminance? I can haz camouflage?

It is actually your emitted light (like a torch) vs the light on your (ambient + direct), so your torch does not do much when the sun is on you, but at night it counts as a lot, since your surroundings are dark.

Although the focus of the game isn't mass-scale pvp, I decided to play on one recently. Discovered a bad exploit: vehicles ignore land claim block protection completely. Used my bicycle to see if I could boost onto a roof and noticed it was doing the machine-gun damage thing to the ground and it rolled into the wall and proceeded to chew right through the block like it was a normal block not protected. I can only imagine what the 4x4 would do lol.

Wait so you are telling me that Power Attack for mining is not good ... the audio sounds like someone is taking a problematic dump. :)

Have you no respect for Michael Myers voice acting? It's... genius! Its actually the AUSTIN Power Attack...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26198[/ATTACH]

Although the focus of the game isn't mass-scale pvp, I decided to play on one recently. Discovered a bad exploit: vehicles ignore land claim block protection completely. Used my bicycle to see if I could boost onto a roof and noticed it was doing the machine-gun damage thing to the ground and it rolled into the wall and proceeded to chew right through the block like it was a normal block not protected. I can only imagine what the 4x4 would do lol.

Could be the single solitary LCB didn’t extend quite that far all by itself...

Could be the single solitary LCB didn’t extend quite that far all by itself...

Nope, knocked out the block above it and a cpl hits on the block below, which the bicycle was ramming into. I stopped when I saw reinforced concrete behind it and decided to put my bike in front of it to try to jump on (or see what was there) the roof. Checked again and, indeed, it was under the claimed area protection.

Then again, the server was using some generic UI mods and had boosted XP and loot. And was having some rubber-banding issues. So maybe that was it. I'd test it solo... but that's kinda hard to do against your own LCB lol.

Just had an interesting SI thing. Something _didn't_ fall down that should have...

Those Flagstone 50's are where the z's took out all four supports, and the birdcage didn't fall.

Best I can figure is, somehow? the drawbridge is holding the whole thing up, even though the upper-right of the broken pillars is one holding up the drawbridge.

To make it more confusing when I placed the drawbridge there were just the L & R side pillars with a -single- row of reinforced concrete between pillars so drawbridge would 'sit' on those. But that -failed-. The 4 horizontal reinf (fully dry btw) blocks & drawbridge just fell.

Edit2: sry, you cant see in the pic, there's a double horizontal row of reinf-conc blocks the drawbridge is sitting on

A17-0-2018-12-10-22-25-28.jpg

With this design I was trying to mimic kind of a steep hillside chokepoint gate. No idea why but at start of horde they definately seemed to be pathing up to me inside birdcage, but then they stopped and started after pillars. Even though they'd been making progress up the stairs. Didn't seem to be my position, and when I raised then lowered drawbridge a few _might_ have re-calc'd. Then after a while they started coming up the stairs again. I'm guessing taking out those four supports did it.

Edit: there were Iron Spikes all the way to the bottom and then a layer around the botom; 40 total, was all the iron I had.

Still no update? 2 weeks between experimental updates is something new for TFP I reckon. It's a bit counterintuitive to the process imo.

twice in 18 hours you've mentioned this. did you not see faatals post a page or so back? 44916, i think. at least 4 builds were sent to the test trunk today. imo, thats a lot of work being done for us.

Still no update? 2 weeks between experimental updates is something new for TFP I reckon. It's a bit counterintuitive to the process imo.

No offence, but they say the new framework for game help them release updates sooner.. :) Guess what in programming field nothing is done sooner ... it always misses the deadline to last minute bugs. oh wait... I have few of my own projects in delay to last minute bugs...

- - - Updated - - -

twice in 18 hours you've mentioned this. did you not see faatals post a page or so back? 44916, i think. at least 4 builds were sent to the test trunk today. imo, thats a lot of work being done for us.

Sending 4 test build is not an achievement, but shows how much they are rushing. Instead of building 4, if the developer just test his work before sending will get it done quicker..

Common sense would tell you that the amount of time between experimental updates varies on the amount of work they have to do and the problems that pop up. Ignoring those factors and releasing something regardless would in fact be the only counter-intuitive hindrance to the process just because its been 2 weeks. Also its nothing new, the timing has always varied over the years.

Hey Da Vega, just had a thought (yay! congrats rats! grr...); some video card driver packages allow custom setups specifically for various games. Maybe that would allow you to set up a 7dtd Default Profile?

and btw, my res was reset when I restarted computer, otherwise it's sticking to the 1600x900 I lowered it to in 7dtd game options (no outside profile)

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. Yeah I tried doing that using the Nvidea Xperience center (can't recall the exact name), and it states there my preferred resolution for 7 days to die. However, when starting up the game it defaults to a different one :(

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying it now, melee is retuned. You can't endlessly power attack any more. The best way to play is to use left click attack to get a stagger (left click is buffed some). Then power attack, as power attacking against a knocked down opponent does extra damage. I mean sure you can go flying in there and power attack sometimes, but you want to try and save it until they are knocked down and then you get the kill most of the time.

Hi MM, what do you mean by 'you can't endlessly power attack anymore'? Is the stamina consumption of that attack increased? Or you can't physically power attack continuously?

No new experimental build today. Testers found a few last minute bugs. Two were AI bugs. One fixed, but the other is MP only, so making a local test build to figure that one out. We can release without that fixed, but it is too late today, so we will try again tomorrow.

thx for that info very helpfull !

Sand issue and the simple sollution to make it no longer a unavoidable deathtrap

Problem (Collapsing 1x2 tunnels kill you all 2000 meters in desert(dies 5 times on arround 10km tunnels))

A8B66A33FE0504BFA1F1BBE01647AADE7C70DB5B

Vanilla glue value of 4

6CA0ECC23B69259FDA2D0802DA66104E64F189B8

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/941713411251442076/6CA0ECC23B69259FDA2D0802DA66104E64F189B8/

Sollution glue value of 5

One broad tunnels = safe

Two broad tunnels can work (high chance) (in a tunnel there are 2 blocks in front of the tunnel that add to SI)

Three broad tunnels can work (low chance) (need intact next row and/or maybe a connected ore)

Four broad, no chance

F68FFEEF0FEF30FFE052853828ED3F83C1D991D1

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/941713411251442865/F68FFEEF0FEF30FFE052853828ED3F83C1D991D1/

Should really be fixed

Currently sand killed me over 2 times so often as zombies

@fatal

Can we get a nerf on zombie dig action.

I'm not saying they shouldn't dig.

Just make more realistic choices.

I have seen it multiple times in those small white shops (pills/hardware/guns)

The zombie decides to break through the floor instead of taking the stairs 2 blocks away or even jumping the fence.

Cheers!

Sand issue and the simple sollution to make it no longer a unavoidable deathtrap

Problem (Collapsing 1x2 tunnels kill you all 2000 meters in desert(dies 5 times on arround 10km tunnels))

-- Edited for brevity --

Should really be fixed

Currently sand killed me over 2 times so often as zombies

Sand should have next to or no structural integrity. It is sand and should be very dangerous to be digging tunnels through or rooms in. I am the miner for my group and have spent the last week in the desert mining for resources. I have not once died from a collapse, not a single time in A17. I had to change my style up and be a little more careful as well as put up some shoring materials here and there. Seems completely fine to me and much better than A16. Just my two cents worth.

Sand should have next to or no structural integrity. It is sand and should be very dangerous to be digging tunnels through or rooms in. I am the miner for my group and have spent the last week in the desert mining for resources. I have not once died from a collapse, not a single time in A17. I had to change my style up and be a little more careful as well as put up some shoring materials here and there. Seems completely fine to me and much better than A16. Just my two cents worth.

Sorry but if 1x2 tunnels collapse Digging is more dangerous than Zombies. I will mod that out and say it as i see it

Its completly broken and theres nothing to discuss . <-period

But hey, if you like to die all 2 Kilometers, have fun

Sorry but if 1x2 tunnels collapse Digging is more dangerous than Zombies. I will mod that out and say it as i see it

Its completly broken and theres nothing to discuss . <-period

But hey, if you like to die all 2 Kilometers, have fun

I guess you will do that. Meanwhile, i'm coming to Arizona, to see if digging in sand is more dangerous than fighting a man who wants to bite you.

Archived