Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I guess you will do that. Meanwhile, i'm coming to Arizona, to see if digging in sand is more dangerous than fighting a man who wants to bite you.

Joking aside, When i look at lategame videos of 16.4, many people have tunnels going all across the map. I don't think it should be such an easy task.

Sorry but if 1x2 tunnels collapse Digging is more dangerous than Zombies. I will mod that out and say it as i see it

Its completly broken and theres nothing to discuss . <-period

But hey, if you like to die all 2 Kilometers, have fun

Let's ask the resident geologist of this forum how digging a tunnel in sand goes, shall we?

You can't.

Joking aside, When i look at lategame videos of 16.4, many people have tunnels going all across the map. I don't think it should be such an easy task.

Intead it makes now Death is Death playing impossible.

I am sure i will never start to support 1x2 Tunnel because some masochists want a big red "kill the player" button

- - - Updated - - -

Let's ask the resident geologist of this forum how digging a tunnel in sand goes, shall we?

You can't.

Lets ask the people with a healthy brain in forum if Zombiehands can penetrate a massive steel wall

I am sure i will never start to support 1x2 Tunnel because some masochists want a big red "kill the player" button

- - - Updated - - -

Lets ask the people with a healthy brain in forum if Zombiehands can penetrate a massive steel wall

Yep. Zombies don't exist. Sand does. Can't dig tunnels in them. No structural integrity. You'll die.

Look, if I died from the collapsing sand, I'd get upset too, rage quited maybe. Then what?

- Maybe I'd change my play style, stopped being obsessed with tunnels in deserts.

- Or modded the SI of sand (like you did)

- Or started building supports and roof in my tunnels

But I would not start an internet compaign to make TFP change the game to my liking (at least if I can do the easy change in xml myself).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they can.

Just saying it now, melee is retuned. You can't endlessly power attack any more. The best way to play is to use left click attack to get a stagger (left click is buffed some). Then power attack, as power attacking against a knocked down opponent does extra damage. I mean sure you can go flying in there and power attack sometimes, but you want to try and save it until they are knocked down and then you get the kill most of the time.

Another nice strategy is to get a sneak bow shot for 2x damage, then you can usually power attack for a kill or knockdown.

Before left click was pretty useless. Now left click is good for mining too. You can power attack mine, but its pretty dumb considering its meant for melee combat. Like anything try it out, and experiment you'll find your groove. It plays how we intended now, with primary attacks being good, and power attacks more used in situations where it makes sense because if you run out of stamina you are screwed. It also is set up for a risk reward style of play because you WANT to get that power shot kill in but sometimes other zombies are near so its a little risky.

Firearms have way more up front damage and less perked late game damage. (They are still really nice) So they are now useful early game, 2 head shots instead of 7 to kill a weak zombie with a pistol, much better.

Anyhow a new patch is coming soon and its really awesome. I overhauled trader prices and economy so theres mods at traders now and way more accessible brown guns but the price skyrockets as the quality gets good. They have more construction materials and all the new foods are possible to spawn, vending machines have the new foods too.

A ton of stuff coming. Its playing really good. Some nice optimizations too, with a big one coming at some point.

Has hitting a zombie after a knockdown always done extra damage in a17? Doesn't say it does. Thought it was removed.

Not a lot of specific info here. But as someone who only used power attacks in alpha 17 this, power attack stamina nerf?, has me concerned.

I was never able to endlessly power attack, I would run out of stamina, even before this incoming update.

Melee has me worried but messing with mining has me terrified. Mining is too slow in alpha 17. At least in early game. If it gets any changes at all they should be buffs. But again this info is kinda vague, so we will see.

So you say they should remove zombies from the game ?

Because they are not realistic

What are you talking about? This was never advertised as a realistic simulation.

Sand having questionable SI is a matter of plausibility. You can reasonably expect it to be unstable.

And yes, I'm sort of an expert, too. As a professional potter I need to have a considerable background in mineralogy, geology, crystallography... rock stuff, y'know?

What are you talking about? This was never advertised as a realistic simulation.

Sand having questionable SI is a matter of plausibility. You can reasonably expect it to be unstable.

And yes, I'm sort of an expert, too. As a professional potter I need to have a considerable background in mineralogy, geology, crystallography... rock stuff, y'know?

Can we be best friends now?

More realistic sand IS fun

In this case, yes.

Most of mining is boring and predictable. Sand / gravel being unpredictable was the goal.

Or does no one remember A15 gravel? It had 0 SI and would fall down as reliably as a Tetris block.

A16 gravel had juuust enough SI to stick... a little. So you had to pay attention. ;)

In this case, yes.

Most of mining is boring and predictable. Sand / gravel being unpredictable was the goal.

Or does no one remember A15 gravel? It had 0 SI and would fall down as reliably as a Tetris block.

A16 gravel had juuust enough SI to stick... a little. So you had to pay attention. ;)

Which make sense if 1 block (or a couple) of sand was actually more realistic and didnt auto kill you, if it was that loose it would only maybe injure you. Not be more deadly than the undead.

Not only that but the majority of the time its way more punishing than dying from zombies because the falling blocks kill you AND destroy your backpack. (bye bye mods you spend your whole playthrough gathering and crafting)

Archived