Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Job offer !

looking for someone very available to press my F5 key every minute. No other skills requested. Attractive remuneration. Do not send a resume, just a picture of your index.

Are you the maniac that helped this thread go with 100k more views for the 24 hours before experimental was out ? ;)

I disagree, survive the night and you should reap the rewards. Anyway this is probably something that can be changed in the xmls?

It can and has been done. Look at the mod forum and some of the modders have made this modlet. In fact JaxTeller718 has one called Backpack Timers Extension which will do this. Not sure if it is long enough to last the night but makes it easy to find and edit your own time to the timers. Here is a link to his modlets.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94906-JaxTeller718-Modlet-Collection

in the end of entityclasses.xml you have stuff like

<entity_class name="EntityLootContainerRegular">

<property name="Mesh" value="LootContainers/zpackPrefab"/>

<property name="ModelType" value="Custom"/>

<property name="Prefab" value="Backpack"/>

<property name="Class" value="EntityLootContainer"/>

<property name="Parent" value="Backpack"/>

<property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/>

<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="300"/>

<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="70"/> <!-- used to determine container X/Y size -->

<property name="Faction" value="none"/>

</entity_class>

notice the "TimeStayAfterDeath" property.. I think this is what you are looking for, but I didn't test it :p

Job offer !

looking for someone very available to press my F5 key every minute. No other skills requested. Attractive remuneration. Do not send a resume, just a picture of your index.

I press it with my middle finger and I'm happy to send you a picture... ;)

In my country middle finger up is a very common way to say hello, so I take it...

(and hope you'll come in France and follow my advice when meeting people :sneakiness:)

I concur

People make the mistake to say hello by waving their hand which is less polite than a middle finger in your face

Some little things that make your stay more enjoyable

Just saying it now, melee is retuned. You can't endlessly power attack any more. The best way to play is to use left click attack to get a stagger (left click is buffed some). Then power attack, as power attacking against a knocked down opponent does extra damage. I mean sure you can go flying in there and power attack sometimes, but you want to try and save it until they are knocked down and then you get the kill most of the time.

Another nice strategy is to get a sneak bow shot for 2x damage, then you can usually power attack for a kill or knockdown.

Before left click was pretty useless. Now left click is good for mining too. You can power attack mine, but its pretty dumb considering its meant for melee combat. Like anything try it out, and experiment you'll find your groove. It plays how we intended now, with primary attacks being good, and power attacks more used in situations where it makes sense because if you run out of stamina you are screwed. It also is set up for a risk reward style of play because you WANT to get that power shot kill in but sometimes other zombies are near so its a little risky.

Firearms have way more up front damage and less perked late game damage. (They are still really nice) So they are now useful early game, 2 head shots instead of 7 to kill a weak zombie with a pistol, much better.

Anyhow a new patch is coming soon and its really awesome. I overhauled trader prices and economy so theres mods at traders now and way more accessible brown guns but the price skyrockets as the quality gets good. They have more construction materials and all the new foods are possible to spawn, vending machines have the new foods too.

A ton of stuff coming. Its playing really good. Some nice optimizations too, with a big one coming at some point.

Wait so you are telling me that Power Attack for mining is not good in B208 or its changed for the next release? in B208 Power Attack on rocks seems to yield a faster destruction rate - albeit the audio sounds like someone is taking a problematic dump. :)

- - - Updated - - -

They are testing the build they intend to release later today so it just depends on how that goes. If not today almost certainly tomorrow.

"Almost certainly tomorrow" sounds cryptic like lawyer speak :)

Wait so you are telling me that Power Attack for mining is not good in B208 or its changed for the next release? in B208 Power Attack on rocks seems to yield a faster destruction rate - albeit the audio sounds like someone is taking a problematic dump. :)

- - - Updated - - -

"Almost certainly tomorrow" sounds cryptic like lawyer speak :)

I’m pretty sure all of that is for the next release. It sounds like power attacks take more stamina so using them exclusively for mining won’t work well.

I’m pretty sure all of that is for the next release. It sounds like power attacks take more stamina so using them exclusively for mining won’t work well.

Currently with mining if you use the normal attack you actually get slightly more resources and your stamina doesn't drain nearly as fast but it's a little slower but if they're buffing the normal attack then mining will actually be easier.

I used Power Attacks for mining ATM in B208 because they yield more ore - at least underground.

And the perks for mining say specifically "Power attack"

where can I see how the game is tested ?

What you mean ?

That they testplay it currently ?

Fataal mentioned at friday that he testplay over the weekend a release candidate, Madmole said soon, and Roland said good chance for today until tomorrow

Btw we speak about the next experimental build, stable need longer

It can and has been done. Look at the mod forum and some of the modders have made this modlet. In fact JaxTeller718 has one called Backpack Timers Extension which will do this. Not sure if it is long enough to last the night but makes it easy to find and edit your own time to the timers. Here is a link to his modlets.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94906-JaxTeller718-Modlet-Collection

Thanks for the link.

Archived