Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

Just a question about the newly added vehicle collision system not about how it works but just asking from a cosmetic point of view let's say your vehicle reaches below 30% health are there plans to add a damaged model type for certain points of the vehicles health? It would be a cool feature but can completely understand as to why it probably won't be added.

1 minute ago, Callum123456789 said:

Just a question about the newly added vehicle collision system not about how it works but just asking from a cosmetic point of view let's say your vehicle reaches below 30% health are there plans to add a damaged model type for certain points of the vehicles health? It would be a cool feature but can completely understand as to why it probably won't be added.

This is a good one, also in some sort of way, probably either the handling or the power get cranky or wobbly as vehicle`s life goes down. 

Or the fuel goes away faster after some % of damage, these flying fastards and their claws.. fammit ! 

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

Not really. All the other perks that sexrex is integrated into increase the damage just like Miner69er. Motherload, on the other hand, increases the yield.

I was thinking more along the lines of Motherload implying physical skill with using the tool being the better fit for the stamina use buff over Miner 69er's improved tool quality and block damage. /shrug

8 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Motherload implying physical skill with using the tool being the better fit for the stamina use buff over Miner 69er's improved tool quality and block damage. /shrug

The tool quality is removed from Miner69er in A21. Tool quality will be governed by the tool magazines.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

The minibike already has a damage indicator. When the HP drops below 25% it starts to burn. The other vehicles do not have this yet.

45 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Or motherlode implies better senses where the veins are, or better skills at filtering. While the physical skill must be part of miner69er, where would the improved damage come from otherwise? It can't be a pure strength increase because that would also help melee weapons the same.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

At this rate they may as well scrap A21 and go right to A22. We have waited this long what is six more months. I am enjoying the game as is. The Pimps seem to be on track with the game development. Without the bandits I don't see my game play style changing up even with all the changes. I primarily build in the water and looking for the big changes to the water. 

10 minutes ago, ltbrunt said:

At this rate they may as well scrap A21 and go right to A22. We have waited this long what is six more months. I am enjoying the game as is. The Pimps seem to be on track with the game development. Without the bandits I don't see my game play style changing up even with all the changes. I primarily build in the water and looking for the big changes to the water. 

The thought has crossed my mind as well but, keep in mind it will be useful to get the current changes out to the general public for feedback.  Folks can always choose to stay on A20 until A22 if what they read / hear in the release notes / dev streams is not compelling enough for them to update.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

So there will be dev streams? 

no one said there wouldnt be* ... only there wouldnt be any soon... back when it was asked 100 times. :)

just isnt ready for prime time eyeballs yet and devs agree that they will not showcase anything with big issues and or bugs in it.

so in time... there will/should be some streams (just not soon) :)

* at least i do not remember anyone in an official status make that statement.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

no one said there wouldnt be* ... only there wouldnt be any soon... back when it was asked 100 times. :)

just isnt ready for prime time eyeballs yet and devs agree that they will not showcase anything with big issues and or bugs in it.

so in time... there will/should be some streams (just not soon) :)

* at least i do not remember anyone in an official status make that statement.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying anyone said there wouldn't be. But with the marked change in communication for A21 vs A19 or A20, it wouldn't have been particularly surprising to see dev streams be scrapped altogether

Also, if dev streams are happening but aren't soon then it feels we're much further away from seeing A21 than I was expecting from previous comments about it. Are we still over a month away at this stage?

1 hour ago, ltbrunt said:

I want to see the crafting changes myself, along with the changes to the water (drinking) and the balance tweaks that go along with it.  So please release the A21 when it is ready to do so.

However, not releasing Alpha 21 doesn't mean that Alpha 22 release would be sooner.  The things they are trying to finish for Alpha 21 would still need to be fixed for Alpha 22 so why not release an Alpha 21?  There just may be a shorter development cycle between A21 and A22 which won't hurt anyone really.

Personally, I would be ready to wait until the end of spring for the release of A22,but a large mass of players will think that the game has stopped being developed and this may negatively affect sales and spoil the reviews a little.
Therefore, I will make an unsubstantiated assumption that we are waiting for the arrival of the A21 exp sometime in early-mid-February.
In any case, we have already passed most of the waiting cycle and the update is getting closer every day.

Also, this message imposes a positive buff 🙃 on +15 to patience and calmness while waiting for exp for the authors of 5 messages before and after that
+ a Christmas buff on + mood is now imposed on everyone 🎅
Have a nice holiday, guys)

Edited by mstdv inc (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mstdv inc said:

Personally, I would be ready to wait until the end of spring for the release of A22,but a large mass of players will think that the game has stopped being developed and this may negatively affect sales and spoil the reviews a little.
Therefore, I will make an unsubstantiated assumption that we are waiting for the arrival of the A21 exp sometime in early-mid-February.
In any case, we have already passed most of the waiting cycle and the update is getting closer every day.

Also, this message imposes a positive buff 🙃 on +15 to patience and calmness while waiting for exp for the authors of 5 messages before and after that
+ a Christmas buff on + mood is now imposed on everyone 🎅
Have a nice holiday, guys)

If you think the game looks negative dont look the console version its 99% negative

Hi @faatal I wanted to ask if you have time to answer. Do you know anything about plans to change the models of the character's hands depending on what kind of armor he is wearing?
In addition, I wonder if modders will be able to use some of their custom animations for hands, NPCs in the future?
Thank you for your work and happy holidays to you guys :)

Really not buying the Bandits will come in A22 since thats pretty much what they say every Alpha, oh its going to be the next Alpha LOL. Almost 10 years since I pledged to kickstarter and your still pushing your goal post vision farther and farther. Besides optimization so the game runs well is a Feature Complete thing right? 7DTD release date, 2033, oh but wait first need to reinvent the game one more time first.

17 minutes ago, Kalex said:

Not all cement mixers are electric or gas-powered, some are hand cranked.

True but a single person generally can't hand-crank 15 cement mixers from 3 towns over so we should assume the ones in the game should be using fuel or electricity.

I actually really like the fuel idea. We have way too much gas as it is.... unless y'all plan on adding that flame thrower ;)